Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone League 2 thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2021 Zone League 2 thread

discussion here

So first year back to reality (hopefully), what's everyone's expectations? Next few years could see some fun matches with surprise teams. I'll list the clubs in no particular order; where do we think everyone will finish? Also good to see at least 21 rounds before semis, finally getting our moneys worth of football again.

Kahibah
    Bolwarra Lorn
    North United
    Nelson Bay
    Minmi
    Greta Branxton
    Raymond Terrace
    Mayfield Juniors

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    So first year back to reality (hopefully), what's everyone's expectations? Next few years could see some fun matches with surprise teams. I'll list the clubs in no particular order; where do we think everyone will finish? Also good to see at least 21 rounds before semis, finally getting our moneys worth of football again.

Kahibah
    Bolwarra Lorn
    North United
    Nelson Bay
    Minmi
    Greta Branxton
    Raymond Terrace
    Mayfield Juniors
    I'd be highly surprised if Minmi aren't in the top 3. That's if they have a similar squad to their 2019 zl3 one

What happened to the Jeso boys?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post

Kahibah
    Bolwarra Lorn
    North United
    Nelson Bay
    Minmi
    Greta Branxton
    Raymond Terrace
    Mayfield Juniors
    Sadly I think Raymond Terrace will find it hard putting a team together. Both coaches they had last season before they pulled the pin have now moved onto Maitland WPL and a number of the players they had on board in what was already a depleted squad were bought in by the two coaches. Haven’t heard of a new coach being announced yet but he will need to bring along a fair few players I would say.

Hearing that Lochinvar/Phoenix are in 2s this year now?

yeah that's correct according to the email I received the other day

works out well for our comp with the bye being filled, I don't imagine mid week games are easy for Muswellbrook though.
    now that we have started back at training most of our squad definitely seem to have itchy feet waiting for the season to get started, hopefully all the other squads are set for numbers and nobody else is struggling to get past 2020

If you are playing in Zone League 2 your aim for the season should be to be playing Zone League 1 next season. It’s all about having a winning mindset and not being content with mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    If you are playing in Zone League 2 your aim for the season should be to be playing Zone League 1 next season. It’s all about having a winning mindset and not being content with mediocrity.
    Thanks for the motivational speech captain!

ZPL Reserve Grade side looking for a trial this weekend. If any teams are keen, please PM.

Yo, defender here looking for a game in zone league this year, anyone still after players?

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Player View Post
    Yo, defender here looking for a game in zone league this year, anyone still after players?
    Found a team yet?

Hey Lads.
    Forgive my naivety, can I get a heads up on here if we at Garden Suburb kit clash with anyone. We play in royal blue.
    Thanks in Advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Hey Lads.
    Forgive my naivety, can I get a heads up on here if we at Garden Suburb kit clash with anyone. We play in royal blue.
    Thanks in Advance.
    We at Minmi have sky blue on our home kit but majority Black, from the other teams teams I can think of should be no clashes with royal blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Hey Lads.
    Thanks in Advance.
    Check with the zone office but all teams should have a change strip-remember if there is a clash the away team changes and that includes socks and shorts

Buzzing to get stuck in tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    Buzzing to get stuck in tomorrow!
    Who you playing

The season is finally here!! Good luck to everyone for the year.

Just a reminder that Minmi FC is a licensed venue along with a few other clubs in our comp and alcohol cannot be brought into the grounds.

Minmi vs South Maitland
    Ressies 3-2
    Firsts 0-1