Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone League 2 thread

Quote Originally Posted by djjones View Post
    Hilarious.

Chest beaters think that having 2 mediocre ZL teams is good. What a farce. 100 players and cant crack a half assed NL1.

You cut B teams then the blowins can go back to where shouldve been in the first place, their own suburb.

Then theres the thought that ZPL is too good for juniors. What an embarrassment for local football.
    I can go better. I stay in AA cause im too good to care. rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Seems like some people can't differentiate a person's opinion and a club, also seems like some people can't read as we have already been over this.
    Seems like some people have no problem making defamatory statements in anonymity. Next time you grace Lance Yorke Oval with your presence come introduce yourself and I'll be happy to shout you a drink and listen to your thoughts on this so called cry-fest.
    Cheers...
    Where do the Suburbs juniors go?

Id understand if it was top 2 tiers but they shouldnt be going to other Z teams unless they move

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Where do the Suburbs juniors go?

Id understand if it was top 2 tiers but they shouldnt be going to other Z teams unless they move
    Some have come into our Zone League
    Some have come into our All Age teams
    Some have gone to SAP/NPL/NL1
    Some have gone to play with mates at other clubs
    Some leave football
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Seems like some people can't differentiate a person's opinion and a club, also seems like some people can't read as we have already been over this.
    Seems like some people have no problem making defamatory statements in anonymity. Next time you grace Lance Yorke Oval with your presence come introduce yourself and I'll be happy to shout you a drink and listen to your thoughts on this so called cry-fest.
    Cheers...
    There’s not much to discuss. I just feel like - in my experience with your club - there’s a culture of consistent whinging to opposition and refs.

Not somewhere I’d like to play.

Quote Originally Posted by jessepinkman View Post
    Not somewhere I’d like to play.
    And where is it that you play?
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Seems like a lot of teams are in the same opinion of suburbs. The reputation of them sookkng isn’t getting forgotten about anytime soon. All you hear from their crowd, coaches & players is whinge whinge whinge to the ref all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Sausage View Post
    Anyone know the story behind garden suburbs stacking ressies?
    A certain ZL1 side seems to believe they are stacking.
    Draw against bolwarra, win against minmi few weeks ago. I’d say suburb stackers are a very good chance of winning the ressies comp.
    Suburb stacked in ZL1 back in 2019 & years prior to that.
    The burbs zinger stackers are back in stock for ressies games I see
    Poor burbs can’t handle a bit of banter.
    When don’t sookurbs sulk? You have the reputation of it too. Sookurb stackers ��
    Suburbs out of their depth here, stick to something you’s do regularly… stacking
    Seems like a lot of teams are in the same opinion of suburbs. The reputation of them sookkng isn’t getting forgotten about anytime soon. All you hear from their crowd, coaches & players is whinge whinge whinge to the ref all day.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Yep! Your reputation is stacking & sooking. Has been for a while now. I’ll add in the continuous excessive swearing on field by your players every week as well. What a poor culture you have at the club.

And where is it that you play?
    I don’t play any more. I’m too old and fat.

It’s just an observation. It doesn’t seem like a group id enjoy being part of, personally.

Anyone know the story behind garden suburbs stacking ressies?
    A certain ZL1 side seems to believe they are stacking.
    Draw against bolwarra, win against minmi few weeks ago. I’d say suburb stackers are a very good chance of winning the ressies comp.
    Suburb stacked in ZL1 back in 2019 & years prior to that.
    The burbs zinger stackers are back in stock for ressies games I see
    Poor burbs can’t handle a bit of banter.
    When don’t sookurbs sulk? You have the reputation of it too. Sookurb stackers ��
    Suburbs out of their depth here, stick to something you’s do regularly… stacking
    Yep! Your reputation is stacking & sooking. Has been for a while now. I’ll add in the continuous excessive swearing on field by your players every week as well. What a poor culture you have at the club.
    Every week.
    I knew you were our biggest fan. You don't miss any games, thanks for the commitment I'm sure our boys really appreciate it.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I don’t play any more. I’m too old and fat.

It’s just an observation. It doesn’t seem like a group id enjoy being part of, personally.
    Thanks for the observation

You don't seem like someone we would enjoy having around, personally.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Turned into a bit of a slanderfest against GS in here hasn’t it.
    Think Premy was just bringing about a topic of discussion, which everyone can agree or disagree with.
    The ongoing rubbish aimed at the club as a whole is a bit much. All behind the veil of anonymity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Turned into a bit of a slanderfest against GS in here hasn’t it.
    Think Premy was just bringing about a topic of discussion, which everyone can agree or disagree with.
    The ongoing rubbish aimed at the club as a whole is a bit much. All behind the veil of anonymity.
    Glad it's not just me seeing it this way.

That said we're not to bothered by it.
    Some people don't like us? That's fine we're not here to make freinds with everyone, altough I feel the motives behind some of the slander isn't quite forthright.

I can only speak on my own experience, this season didn't start well for us but we've turned it around somewhat. It's been a really enjoyable season with a great bunch of blokes and I don't think any in our squad would disagree with me. We've had some good battles this season, some have got heated at times but that is to be expected and everything was left on the field. We go back to the away pub have a beer and move onto the next game.
    Let's just hope we can get back onto the park soon and enjoy a competitive end to the season.
    Last edited by Premy; 12-08-2021 at 08:22 AM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

What's the difference to a B team or playing as a B team with a different Name. No team can go from ZPL to NL1. Unless the open up promotion relegation between all divisions in all Southern NNSW, clubs could have A B or C teams. The precedence has been set of ZL clubs not taking up promotion ie Argenton and Raymond Terrace both back a few years of which both teams rejected promotion. The whole Southern NNSW football pyramid is a shambles.

Please don't get offended im just bored and came up with team names
    Kahibah - Whitebridge Wanderers
    Olympic - Islington Igloos
    New Lambton - Blackbutt Bunnies
    Cooks Hill - Bar Beach Boardies
    Cardiff - Boolaroo Bandits
    Wallsend - Shortland Saints
    Lake Macquarie - Speers Point Swampies

Thanks for the observation

You don't seem like someone we would enjoy having around, personally.
    thats more than ok.

Just a reminder, all I have done is say that I feel like having '2nd' teams in the pyramid is important for the competition, and then listed why.

Then, explained why I think some players don't want to come to suburb (as someones initial point was that maybe suburb were upset that the big clubs with b teams were stealing players that might filter to them if those b teams didnt exist).

More than ok for you to have an opinion on not wanting me to play (its true, you don't, I can barely crack 10 mins now I reckon) - but my intention was to let you know the vibe that I get when I have visited Lance Yorke.

It's painful, and I honestly reckon it's something worth addressing if you want to seem more inviting to outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    What's the difference to a B team or playing as a B team with a different Name. No team can go from ZPL to NL1. Unless the open up promotion relegation between all divisions in all Southern NNSW, clubs could have A B or C teams. The precedence has been set of ZL clubs not taking up promotion ie Argenton and Raymond Terrace both back a few years of which both teams rejected promotion. The whole Southern NNSW football pyramid is a shambles.

Please don't get offended im just bored and came up with team names
    Kahibah - Whitebridge Wanderers
    Olympic - Islington Igloos
    New Lambton - Blackbutt Bunnies
    Cooks Hill - Bar Beach Boardies
    Cardiff - Boolaroo Bandits
    Wallsend - Shortland Saints
    Lake Macquarie - Speers Point Swampies

Olympic did it for years too, dominated ZL2 for quite a while with no intention of going up. The solution for me is to either add 3rd grade as a requirement for all zone leagues, or remove it entirely from 1 and PL and just have it be 2 grades. Not ideal for the clubs that are carrying third graders, it's a great landing spot for club legends, or young blokes that just aren't quite there yet etc - but it's always been the excuse clubs have used, numbers.

Also, blasphemous if the above was mandated and Wallsend didnt call themselves Newcastle Austral

Then, explained why I think some players don't want to come to suburb (as someones initial point was that maybe suburb were upset that the big clubs with b teams were stealing players that might filter to them if those b teams didnt exist).
    I already address this.
    Some on here and yourself want to incorrectly assume that my personal opinion is related to Garden Suburb in some way.
    It's not...

We know the reasons why our player numbers are down in Zone League and we are addressing those issues.
    I will add your belief is definitely not something we are addressing. Thanks for your concern but the criticism of someone that wants to hide behind anonymity is not one of our priorities.

That offer to join me for a drink next time your at Lance Yorke still stands
    Cheers.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I already address this.
    Some on here and yourself want to incorrectly assume that my personal opinion is related to Garden Suburb in some way.
    It's not...

We know the reasons why our player numbers are down in Zone League and we are addressing those issues.
    I will add your belief is definitely not something we are addressing. Thanks for your concern but the criticism of someone that wants to hide behind anonymity is not one of our priorities.

That offer to join me for a drink next time your at Lance Yorke still stands
    Cheers.
    No worries, that's also true, it does happen that your personal opinions get tied in with your club, so my bad for jumping that gun because I've been there too.

You don't have to take my criticism on board of course, but it's more of an observation that I have heard repeated elsewhere, and personally experienced/agreed with.

Hope you guys do sort any issues out because irrespective of my personal feelings towards any environment I've stepped into as a player or official, football clubs are important to the community and the people who give their time to making them tick are good blokes in my book regardless.

How long until the seasons canned?

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
    How long until the seasons canned?
    Football NSW just canned Sydney can’t imagine it being too much longer until northern follow suit.