Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone League 2 thread

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Calm down champ, time to go back and sit infont of the fire with your slippers on.

There is no defence for stupidity, was simply trying to point out that mistakes have consequences. Especially if seen to be deliberate
    Oh I’m calm thanks for your concern tho, but sitting in front of a fire with slippers and a beverage sounds nice.

No one was defending anything. The guy from North’s clearly owned up to the club making a mistake and they copped the punishment they were served. But by all means keeping proving your point. I’m sure someone will pat you on the back soon for your hard work.

Not the first time it’s happened by north’s. Just first time caught out. Hopefully no more problems from here on. Can get costly losing points.

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
    Not the first time it’s happened by north’s. Just first time caught out. Hopefully no more problems from here on. Can get costly losing points.
    Pretty funny that more then one team saying North's bend the rules. Cheating is cheating. Thinking others will just cop a crappy excuse is pathetic

Pretty funny that more then one team saying North's bend the rules. Cheating is cheating. Thinking others will just cop a crappy excuse is pathetic
    Well everyone loves an opinion and you are entitled to yours - however wrong it may be.

But here are some facts (as an official of the club):
    1. The game against Garden Suburbs - we ****ed up. Playing All Age C Grade players in a First Grade game is against the rules (even though they were off the bench). The coach has put his hand up and apologised to the blokes on the park and taken responsibility for it. We have lost the points and copped our punishment sweet.

I can categorically say that is the only time an all age player has played in First Grade as a Borrowed player. We have 7 Multi Registered players who do regularly play Zone League. Whether you believe me or not, that's up to you.

To say this mistake is 'cheating' is ridiculous. Not knowing the rules is not an excuse and I am not making one. But if we were cheating why would we have marked the wrong box? Why would we have admitted it to the Suburbs official on match day? There was no attempt to deceive. It was honestly a mistake which was owned up to on the day and the punishment delivered swiftly. End of story.

2. The game against SMFC - we played Multi Registered players. Not borrowed players. I will happily provide a photo of the teamsheet with the players names and their Multi Rego invoice as evidence if you would like? Given SMFC clearly made it known to the association do you not think this would have already been dealt with had we been in the wrong?? We also got a heads up from the association about our lack of numbers on the teamsheet that day. Had it been an official ref I am sure it would not have got to the kick off without the numbers. But it was a club ref.

So for anyone who wants to jump on the bandwagon please ensure you have facts before making baseless accusations.

On a side note, does anyone even agree with the rule an all age player cant play first grade??

Not sure why it is even a rule to be honest. Should be encouraged. Surely a first grade team with all age players is not gaining an unfair advantage by having them fill in?

If a player in all age is good enough to play first grade it can only help to get them involved and to make the jump from all age teams to the zone league competitions.

No problems with the rules. I don’t believe you should be able to start your usual players in reserve grade & use fresh all age players in first.
    It’s there to make you suffer when you don’t have numbers.
    Still can’t work out how the game was allowed to start with all age players on the sheet.

On a side note, does anyone even agree with the rule an all age player cant play first grade??

Reserve grade are to be the incumbents to 1st grade. That's why the rule is there. Z.L is designed to be a squad of X players.
    Any player coming in as borrowed is deemed a lower level. Borrow for reserve grade only. Right or wrong, it's how it is. Also max 3 borrowed in a game. Starting off bench unless it's a GK which needs approval first.

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post

Reserve grade are to be the incumbents to 1st grade. That's why the rule is there. Z.L is designed to be a squad of X players.
    Any player coming in as borrowed is deemed a lower level. Borrow for reserve grade only. Right or wrong, it's how it is. Also max 3 borrowed in a game. Starting off bench unless it's a GK which needs approval first.
    I certainly understand it is in the rules. Just not sure what the rule is aiming to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by bombers_away View Post
    I certainly understand it is in the rules. Just not sure what the rule is aiming to achieve.
    Think it's there to create as even a competition as possible. Club's like ours have plenty of all age teams to draw upon, whereas some clubs don't have any.

Need some popcorn everytime I come here.

Quote Originally Posted by bombers_away View Post
    Well everyone loves an opinion and you are entitled to yours - however wrong it may be.

But here are some facts (as an official of the club):
    1. The game against Garden Suburbs - we ****ed up. Playing All Age C Grade players in a First Grade game is against the rules (even though they were off the bench). The coach has put his hand up and apologised to the blokes on the park and taken responsibility for it. We have lost the points and copped our punishment sweet.

I can categorically say that is the only time an all age player has played in First Grade as a Borrowed player. We have 7 Multi Registered players who do regularly play Zone League. Whether you believe me or not, that's up to you.

To say this mistake is 'cheating' is ridiculous. Not knowing the rules is not an excuse and I am not making one. But if we were cheating why would we have marked the wrong box? Why would we have admitted it to the Suburbs official on match day? There was no attempt to deceive. It was honestly a mistake which was owned up to on the day and the punishment delivered swiftly. End of story.

2. The game against SMFC - we played Multi Registered players. Not borrowed players. I will happily provide a photo of the teamsheet with the players names and their Multi Rego invoice as evidence if you would like? Given SMFC clearly made it known to the association do you not think this would have already been dealt with had we been in the wrong?? We also got a heads up from the association about our lack of numbers on the teamsheet that day. Had it been an official ref I am sure it would not have got to the kick off without the numbers. But it was a club ref.

So for anyone who wants to jump on the bandwagon please ensure you have facts before making baseless accusations.

Not sure why it is even a rule to be honest. Should be encouraged. Surely a first grade team with all age players is not gaining an unfair advantage by having them fill in?

If a player in all age is good enough to play first grade it can only help to get them involved and to make the jump from all age teams to the zone league competitions.
    The funny thing is I don't really care. I've just been stirring you guys for days and you have taken the bait. Hook, line and sinker 🐟

The funny thing is I don't really care. I've just been stirring you guys for days and you have taken the bait. Hook, line and sinker 🐟
    Lol and here we are losing sleep over what a nameless, faceless guy named named riverboy has been saying about us on an internet forum.
    The joke really is on us.
    Well played sir, well played.

Garden Suburb vs South Maitland
    2nd Grade: 3-2
    1st Grade: 1-0
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Huge ups to Suburbs, they were superb tonight. We looked like a team slapped together before kick off and they played for each other. That's our finals series chances done with hardly any players available for while.

Actually:
    -Max of 3 Multi Registered players in any grade and a Max of 4 Borrowed players in the lowest grade.
    -Borrowed players can be in the starting 11 if there are no ZFL registered players on the bench.
    -You are right regarding Borrowed players that are GK can start ahead of ZFL registered players.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by SMFC Phoenix View Post
    Huge ups to Suburbs, they were superb tonight. We looked like a team slapped together before kick off and they played for each other. That's our finals series chances done with hardly any players available for while.
    Thanks mate, massive effort from our boys tonight with quite a few carrying injuries and then playing with 10 men for the best part of an hour.
    All the best for the rest of the season, hope you guys can be competitive with everything going on. It can get tough so kudos for fighting on, couple of those U/16 look the part already so the future looks good.
    Last edited by Premy; 04-08-2021 at 07:37 AM.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Incorrect it is 4 x borrowed players in lowest grade, who must come on last technically and 3 x multi players who can start any grade anytime...so at anyone time you can actually have 7 x AA players on the field at one time in the lower grade only or 3 in the higher grade.

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Lol and here we are losing sleep over what a nameless, faceless guy named named riverboy has been saying about us on an internet forum.
    The joke really is on us.
    Well played sir, well played.
    It was just good to see how quickly I got a reaction.

A couple of negative things about the multi registered rule.
    I'm pretty sure there is a fee to do it, might be $50. So it's a bit of a money making scam from association really. If it's not there to make money then the association should drop the fee and allow clubs a maximum of multiple registered players from all age. Say maybe 5-6 players.

Im also thinking there used to be a rule where they had to be used by there all age team when any clashes occur? Not very ideal if your multi registering Saturday all age playerd

Any news on when the Kahibah vs Minmi game is to be played?
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Any news on when the Kahibah vs Minmi game is to be played?
    On game day app shows it’s being played on wed 11th