Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone League 2 thread

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Lol so much for moving on. But what a conspiracy.
    Do you think if our coach who does our team sheets every week was trying to cheat, by using players from a lower division nonetheless, he'd bother writing 'all age c' next to the boys names?
    Why didn't you promote a few of your second grade guys into the first grade starting line up?

I can understand that the All Age guys might have been the only guys available/keen to stand by for first grade. I'm failing to understand why you guys planned to start a borrowed player ahead of regular players in first grade when you can't to do that in second grade either.

We've had one round this year with only 17 available but we still managed to field 2 teams. I'm sure other clubs have been in similar situations as well, however we've all operated within the rules of the competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Why didn't you promote a few of your second grade guys into the first grade starting line up?

I can understand that the All Age guys might have been the only guys available/keen to stand by for first grade. I'm failing to understand why you guys planned to start a borrowed player ahead of regular players in first grade when you can't to do that in second grade either.

We've had one round this year with only 17 available but we still managed to field 2 teams. I'm sure other clubs have been in similar situations as well, however we've all operated within the rules of the competition.
    And well done to you guys.

Yeah, maybe re-check the sheets though champ. The one that started was a multi-rego, the 2 off the bench were 'borrowed'.

Yeah, maybe re-check the sheets though champ. The one that started was a multi-rego, the 2 off the bench were 'borrowed'.
    From memory the team sheet had 3 players down as Borrowed and 1 Multi. The 1 Multi was on the bench and your coach confirmed that the player in the starting 11 was a Borrowed player when I asked him if he made a mistake after the game. If you're telling me that he was Multi Registered then I believe you but that's not what was on the team sheet.

You only have yourselves to blame so keep your smart arse remarks to yourself.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Bahahahahahaha righto buddy, I'll sit here and read your remarks slandering the club over an innocent mistake and not say anything.

Maybe worry bout yourself and whether to continue stacking now you can make semis in 1s hey?!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I spoke with your first grade coach after the game and asked if he made a mistake marking Multi Registered players as Borrowed instead. He was the person who confirmed to me that they were only Borrowed player's and I informed him that Borrowed players can't play first grade.
    Unfortunately ignorance/niavity isn't a defence, it's pretty clear in the rules that borrowed players can only play in the lowest grade.

What is perplexing is that one of the borrowed players started first grade so it must have been pre planned.
    It's perplexing because you guys most certainly have the depth in reserve grade to call apon them before going to All Age guys to start in first grade.

I truly believe you that it was an honest mistake and that you guy's meant no foul but the rules are the rules.
    I was happy to leave it here, honest mistake made.

Ha! And thank God you boys are here to police it.
    Then you thought you would be smart.
    Bahahahahahaha righto buddy, I'll sit here and read your remarks slandering the club over an innocent mistake and not say anything.

Maybe worry bout yourself and whether to continue stacking now you can make semis in 1s hey?!
    All of this would have been for nothing if you didn't cheat.
    You can't get out of a speeding fine if you claim you didn't know the speed limit.

You broke the rules, you got caught, then you made a smart arse comment because you got caught.
    Now you're trying to deflect.
    Much prefer to be known as stackers based of one's opinion compared to being known as cheats based of facts.
    Enjoy and all the best for the rest of the season.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Come on champ, Do you expect people to seriously believe the story about a mistake? Own your clubs poor decision and get on with football, The association has been asked for years to be tough on this sort of crap.

Lol was said in jest to make light of the situation. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings friend.

Lol was said in jest to make light of the situation. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings friend.
    I appeared to hit a nerve......

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    I appeared to hit a nerve......
    Bahahahahahahaha not at all, I was apologising to Premy and you just happened to put your 2 bob in in between the messages.

You guys vs us @ Lorn had two players marked as borrowed players start that were later said to be multi registered, so be it. But how they let slide the fact not one first grade starter had a number next to their name is odd. How can you identify someone on the field without a number on the sheet. No numbers on any starting player at games end either.

Quote Originally Posted by SMFC Phoenix View Post
    You guys vs us @ Lorn had two players marked as borrowed players start that were later said to be multi registered, so be it. But how they let slide the fact not one first grade starter had a number next to their name is odd. How can you identify someone on the field without a number on the sheet. No numbers on any starting player at games end either.
    Yeah, can't help ya here mate. What the ref say about the missing number?

Yeah, can't help ya here mate. What the ref say about the missing number?
    Literally nothing, was one of your refs.

Literally nothing, was one of your refs.
    Yeah right, I assume you guys asked for clarification from our coach?

Have you expressed your concerns to the association?

Yeah right, I assume you guys asked for clarification from our coach?
    Yeah, I'm sure the players/staff ran around and asked coaching staff, players, grandparents, guys in the bowlo window and everyone else in the crowd to make sure you were on top of your paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    Have you expressed your concerns to the association?
    Indeed. Said they would "have a word" to them, obviously not.

And the reason for bringing this up in here was for what? Just to jump on the band wagon with the other two having shots at North’s? You raised the issue with the club on the day and with the association, let them do their jobs and move on. If they don’t then that’s on them.

Same as this whole deal about the borrowed players. The association has acted handed down their judgment, the club by all accounts have accepted their mistake and the decision and have moved on yet here a few are still laying in the boot for what reason.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    And the reason for bringing this up in here was for what? Just to jump on the band wagon with the other two having shots at North’s? You raised the issue with the club on the day and with the association, let them do their jobs and move on. If they don’t then that’s on them.

Same as this whole deal about the borrowed players. The association has acted handed down their judgment, the club by all accounts have accepted their mistake and the decision and have moved on yet here a few are still laying in the boot for what reason.
    By the sounds of it you were not consulted regarding the issue. Can't improve if not aware.
    We have had things raised to us and all you can do is improve on them. It's an open forum, take the two cases on board and learn from them. Good luck for the remainder of the season. Tight contest for top spot in both grades.

By the sounds of it you were not consulted regarding the issue. Can't improve if not aware.
    We have had things raised to us and all you can do is improve on them. It's an open forum, take the two cases on board and learn from them. Good luck for the remainder of the season. Tight contest for top spot in both grades.
    I definitely wasn’t consulted as I’m not involved with any club in this competition or any in zone league, I’m just an avid follower of the Zone League comps as I have spent many years involved.

I was just curious as to why that incident was bought up what I could only assume weeks after the fact. But you are right all party’s could learn from the incidents. And that’s why all team sheets have the dispute box, if there is something that you don’t agree with sign that box.
    Time to move on and talk about the business end of the football season.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Calm down champ, time to go back and sit infont of the fire with your slippers on.

There is no defence for stupidity, was simply trying to point out that mistakes have consequences. Especially if seen to be deliberate