Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone League 3 thread

Muswellbrook lost 6 points in both grades. What is the go with that? Ineligible player?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer7654 View Post
    Muswellbrook lost 6 points in both grades. What is the go with that? Ineligible player?
    Interesting, good turnaround for teams that played them. You would think ineligible player, but it's just speculation. For mine there is a big difference between a mistake and intentionally breaking the rules. The association has had a firm ruling on ineligible players for a few years now and everyone knows the rules or has access to them for grey areas.

But like I said, it's just speculation

There was a player awaiting international clearance, the player was registered and all paperwork was completed. There is a hold up with getting clearance at the moment, the player was unfortunately on all four team sheets.

Bit surprising to see 15 of the 16 zone games on Saturday this week, will make refs scarce.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Bit surprising to see 15 of the 16 zone games on Saturday this week, will make refs scarce.
    Not surprising at all Anzac Day Sunday just being respectful.

Cardiff City v Muswellbrook
    First 0 - 2
    Res 3 - 7

Kurri Kurri vs Lakes
    First 1-2
    Ressies 2-2

Westy v Charlie
    Res 1-3
    1sts 3-4

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Cardiff City v Muswellbrook
    First 0 - 2
    Res 3 - 7
    Full credit to Muswellbrook getting the points in both grades.
    First grade was a tight game with Muswellbrook converting a penalty with 3 minutes to go to secure the points.

Reserves was full of goals , Cardiff lead 2-0 then 3-2 to get swamped by Muswellbrook.

On a sour note I hope the young lad up front for the Muswellbrook learns from his mistake for their second goal in reserve grade. I understand the theory of playing the whistle, But that was extremely poor form and I'm surprised it appeared to be applauded by fellow teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I understand the theory of playing the whistle
    You mean the theory of following the first and most basic law that underpins sport?

Sounds like there was more confusion yesterday.

Lakes vs Morisset
    Firsts Lakes 7-3
    Ressies Lakes 3-1

Muswellbrook vs West Wallsend
    Firsts 7-0
    Res 3-2

Kurri v Cardiff
    Firsts 3-1
    Reserves 0-1

Solid effort from Cardiff with 15 players unavailable. Reserves had their first win while first grade were within a goal until close to 5 minutes to go.
    Thanks to Kurri who provided two good officials for both grades. Club referees are going to be a regular this year and the two referees had good games.

Charlie v Medowie
    Res 1-1
    1sts 4-0

Cardiff City v Lakes
    Firsts 6-3 Lakes
    Reserves 6-0 Lakes

14 players out for Cardiff for the 2nd week running has made it extremely difficult to remain competitive in both grades. Lakes are good, your going to have to be close to full strength to get close to them.

Medowie v Muswellbrook
    Firsts 4-2
    Res 2-4

Muswellbrook with 15 players for 2 grades. Most played 170 mins of football and were still pushing all the way to the end of firsts.
    Some really unlucky 50/50 calls all going Medowie way, and club ref's who constantly whinged about having to run 6 games back to back because they got screwed by the ref's association. Like they're the only ones who never get ref's on a Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Medowie v Muswellbrook
    Firsts 4-2
    Res 2-4

Muswellbrook with 15 players for 2 grades. Most played 170 mins of football and were still pushing all the way to the end of firsts.
    Some really unlucky 50/50 calls all going Medowie way, and club ref's who constantly whinged about having to run 6 games back to back because they got screwed by the ref's association. Like they're the only ones who never get ref's on a Saturday.
    That's an awesome effort from Muswellbrook, missing players for work, injury? Certainly going to be tough with an upcoming midweek round.

I guess the question needs to be asked, why was the same clubs doing 6 games back to back? Surely there are more guys within the club that could have helped out?

I hope ZL3 rego is cheap as chips considering yas don't have to pay refs fees

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    I hope ZL3 rego is cheap as chips considering yas don't have to pay refs fees
    You still have to pay guys to referee the matches. Otherwise you won't get anyone

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    You still have to pay guys to referee the matches. Otherwise you won't get anyone
    All these games I reffed or did the line and received nothing (apart from abuse).
    What a stitch up!