Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 149

Thread: 2021 Zone League 3 thread

  1. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    634
    Lakes v Cardiff City
    Firsts 7-1 lakes
    Reserves 3-3

    Firsts very open game, Lakes make you pay for any mistakes. We probably could have scored 4-5 in response but when you aren't playing well the confidence in front of goal is often down.

    Reserves 3-3, Lakes with a cracking late free kick to earn a point.

    15 players unavailable today which makes it difficult especially against the top sides, hopefully the coronavirus stays away so the season can continue.

  2. #122
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    4
    Anyone heard if any clubs will struggle with numbers due to COVID restrictions? Will this result in forfeits or will it be a reschedule?

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    Anyone heard if any clubs will struggle with numbers due to COVID restrictions? Will this result in forfeits or will it be a reschedule?
    I'd say so, you would have to think Morisset would struggle given their game vs Charlestown was off due to covid19 restrictions.

    We have 3 out due to restrictions

  4. #124
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I'd say so, you would have to think Morisset would struggle given their game vs Charlestown was off due to covid19 restrictions.

    We have 3 out due to restrictions
    Did Morisset forfeit or they rescheduling ?

  5. #125
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    Did Morisset forfeit or they rescheduling ?
    I'd imagine rescheduling.

  6. #126
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dante's Third Circle
    Posts
    387
    Morisset vs Muswellbrook on Sunday was postponed on Thuraday

    I'd say the majority of their club would be out if it was a normal juniors weekend

  7. #127
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    634
    West Wallsend v Cardiff
    First grade 1-1
    Reserves 4-1 west Wallsend

    Both teams down on numbers

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    634
    Any news on Morisset? Hard to see them playing for at least the next couple of weeks.

  9. #129
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dante's Third Circle
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Any news on Morisset? Hard to see them playing for at least the next couple of weeks.
    I talked with them Wednesday before restrictions were extended and we were waiting until the announcement before even talking about rescheduling.
    Looks like that won't be possible for a few weeks now, especially with Sydney still in a melt down the last few days!

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dante's Third Circle
    Posts
    387
    Muswellbrook v Charlestown washed out.
    Both fields are officially part of the new Muswellbrook Aquatic Center.

  11. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Muswellbrook v Charlestown washed out.
    Both fields are officially part of the new Muswellbrook Aquatic Center.
    Not looking good for Tuesday night then? How many have they Morisset got ruled out?

  12. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dante's Third Circle
    Posts
    387
    Did any games get played on the weekend?

  13. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Did any games get played on the weekend?
    It appears West Wallsend played lakes, but no scores posted.

  14. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    634
    Muswellbrook v Cardiff
    Muswellbrook won both grades 8-1

    First grade was a contest up until half time with the score being 2-1.Extreamly dissapointed with the send off after 35 minutes and scoreline blew out in the end with 4 goals in the last 25 minutes.

    Reserves , Muswellbrook way too good 8-1.

    Muswellbrook are a strong club, tough midweek trip with 19 players unavailable. Makes it so difficult with most featuring in 2 grades against 2 fresh teams. The Muswellbrook striker and centre back are 2 of the best players in the competition.

  15. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Muswellbrook v Cardiff
    Muswellbrook won both grades 8-1

    First grade was a contest up until half time with the score being 2-1.Extreamly dissapointed with the send off after 35 minutes and scoreline blew out in the end with 4 goals in the last 25 minutes.

    Reserves , Muswellbrook way too good 8-1.

    Muswellbrook are a strong club, tough midweek trip with 19 players unavailable. Makes it so difficult with most featuring in 2 grades against 2 fresh teams. The Muswellbrook striker and centre back are 2 of the best players in the competition.
    Well done to Cardiff making the trip up the valley for both grades, itís not an easy one and a lot of clubs may have forfeited ressies. Very hard to get numbers together for two grades anywhere for a midweek catch up.

  16. #136
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dante's Third Circle
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Muswellbrook v Cardiff
    Muswellbrook won both grades 8-1

    First grade was a contest up until half time with the score being 2-1.Extreamly dissapointed with the send off after 35 minutes and scoreline blew out in the end with 4 goals in the last 25 minutes.

    Reserves , Muswellbrook way too good 8-1.

    Muswellbrook are a strong club, tough midweek trip with 19 players unavailable. Makes it so difficult with most featuring in 2 grades against 2 fresh teams. The Muswellbrook striker and centre back are 2 of the best players in the competition.
    I missed the game last night, wish I could have gotten down.
    Well done to you guys for getting up mid-week. Unfortunate for you to catch the boys on a good week where we have numbers available.

    Let's hope we all don't have too many more reschedules!

  17. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    634
    Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Well done to Cardiff making the trip up the valley for both grades, itís not an easy one and a lot of clubs may have forfeited ressies. Very hard to get numbers together for two grades anywhere for a midweek catch up.
    A couple of guys pulled out late and as soon as we knew that we felt we should have forfeited reserves. But it was too late

  18. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    634
    Morisset back on the park tomorrow in first grade only.

  19. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    634
    Morisset v Cardiff City
    First grade 4-1 Cardiff
    Solid effort from Morisset, It was a tight game for the first 60 minutes. Cardiff got a couple of goals towards the back end of the game to secure the points.

  20. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dante's Third Circle
    Posts
    387
    Lakes v Muswellbrook
    5 - 1 Lakes

    First Grade only. A bunch of Muswellbrook guys got emergency call outs at 8.30am all round the Upper Hunter, left us with 14.
    Strong showing from both teams. Relatively even until Lakes packed on 3 goals in quick succession and then it went away from there.

    Mind you, Lakes acting like they won the Euros on Insta but forgetting that every club in the comp has taken it to them this year when we get to field a full strength squad.

    Also, that field should have been a washout. If they decided that the juniors and All Age couldn't play on Friday but kept field 1 open just for Zone then it shows how much the club cares about their junior programs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •