Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone League 3 thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2021 Zone League 3 thread

discussion here

2021 is here, zone league preliminary draws are out.
    A few old clubs back in zone league plus one new club.

Also a couple of clubs missing from draw, although some may enter after preliminary draw. What has happened to Jesmond?
    Also Lochinvar entered last year and competed extremely well in combined zone league 2 and 3, but weren't listed?

I think Hunter Simba went early last year, appears they mighten get back up?

As for the new clubs, Morisset and Musselbrook are back. You would assume Morisset will be strong, big growth area and former powerhouse of zpl. Interesting to see both them and Charlestown are playing Sundays and west Wallsend are playing Friday nights.

Would have been ideal for only one or two clubs playing Sundays. I'd say Charlestown are done for scheduling reasons as they only have one field.

Also one new club, South Maitland playing out of Gilleston heights. Possibly former players from Lochinvar, Maitland seniors or Maitland juniors have moved there?

Bring on season 2021

Great to see Mus Vegas back in. Nice day trip up the valley for the opposing teams.

I believe South Maitland are predominately the guys from Lochinvar

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    I believe South Maitland are predominately the guys from Lochinvar
    1 year in and a change of clubs. That must be a new record

Just wondering if any teams are after players, just looking for club lower division with new family commitments.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub View Post
    Just wondering if any teams are after players, just looking for club lower division with new family commitments.
    Dudley zone league 3 are looking for players, I will send you a private msg.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    1 year in and a change of clubs. That must be a new record
    Committee fallout I believe. Over half wanted football development with ZL used to retain good young players and the other only wanted to focus on quantity of players and women's football. Something like that.

How is everyone looking leading in to this season? Many flow on effects (players returning etc) from Covid?
    Did Muswellbrook originally pull the pin due to ZL player numbers or other reasons? Good to see them back in ZL

Dudley are back after a years break due to COVID19, we had an all age team made up mostly of reserve grade from previous years. Still unsure totally of numbers, Probably won't know more until Wednesday 20th when training starts. But I have a feeling we will be chasing 10-14 players. If anyone is looking for a game send us a private msg or contact us on 0418453655

Looks like Lake Macquarie have a team in zl3 now?

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Looks like Lake Macquarie have a team in zl3 now?
    Pretty sure it’s the junior club who tried to get a team in a few years back.

9 team competition in zl3 with Lake Macquarie in.
    7 team's in zl2 with Raymond terrace gone

That’s a fall from grace for the Terrace. Zpl 2years ago and won zl1 3 in a row

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Disappointing they've pulled the pin, but after a year off and loosing a few faces id say it was put in the too hard basket, didn't even see anything up on the socials about asking for players/coaches EOI.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Mate it’s very sad, my time at the Terrace was great we had massive turn over of players last year with a change of coach and last year was going to be the start of a rebuild. But unfortunately the year was called off for Terrace, and both myself and the first grade coach were offered opportunities to coach else where for this year that we couldn’t turn down which left the club starting from scratch. unfortunately it’s not always easy to attract players out that way for a rebuild. No doubt they will be back in the future tho.

Quote Originally Posted by sideline88 View Post
    Disappointing they've pulled the pin, but after a year off and loosing a few faces id say it was put in the too hard basket, didn't even see anything up on the socials about asking for players/coaches EOI.
    There was an EOI out for a coach late last year I believe but had no response. Tried to get one internally after that but with no luck.

Surely push someone up and make it 2x8s right?

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Would be better because both comps will get more games

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Normally probably yes, but Muswellbrook are in zl3. 3 midweek games would be a big inconvenience to them and away teams. I pretty sure that's the official word. Not sure what teams would be ready to jump up? Medowie or South Maitland?