Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone League 3 thread

Cardiff v Medowie
    1-0 Medowie
    Really good game of football with only a handful of clear cut chances. Medowie came out strong and were the better team for the first 30 minutes. Cardiff got into the groove of the game and dominated the second half. Medowie got the winner from a counter attack with 5 minutes to go. Dissapointing not to get 3 points let alone 1 so to come up with none is a kick in the guts.

Reserves
    2-1 Cardiff
    Big turnaround from the weekends poor display. Having some numbers back really helped.

Westy vs Lakes
    1st 2-3
    Res 1-5

I hope everyone is enjoying the season. What do you think has been the biggest surprise to date so far? Has there been any streakers at any games?
    Last edited by Captain_Carl; 15-05-2021 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer7654 View Post
    Westy vs Lakes
    1st 2-3
    Res 1-5
    That's an impressive performance by westy, I think that's the closest anyone has gone to taking points off Lakes?

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    That's an impressive performance by westy, I think that's the closest anyone has gone to taking points off Lakes?
    Kurri came close a few rounds back in a crazy game. But yeah Westy really did well after being 3-0 down at halftime

Cardiff City v West Wallsend
    Firsts 0-0
    Reserves 2-2

Charlestown vs Lakes
    1sts 0-2
    Res 1-3

Charlestown vs Lakes
    1sts 0-2
    Res 1-3
    I saw this game couldn't miss it after the first round clash these teams had...!
    it was an interesting game Charelstown totally controlled the forst 30 minutes and should have been up 3 or 4 nil at that stage... Lakes keeper was in the right spot a few times for rushed shots and made good saves, calmer strikers would have scored by placing the ball but hey..! credit to the young lad for staying big and making some good saves... Lakes scored 2 goals in quick succession courtesey of 2 raging mistakes by the Charlestown back line they stitched their keeper up and couldn't follow simple instructions from him... they were disoriented and caught out of position and Lakes took their chances well. late in the half Lakes had a young fella sent off for decent and went down to 10 men. You would have thought that after half time and only being down by 2 that Charlestown would have come out guns blazing but instead came out looking like a beaten side they had the extra man but you wouldn't have thought so... Lakes rallied and Charlestown panicked they were at best reactive and in no way pro active they needed to move the ball around and stretch the 10 men of Lakes around the park but instead took too long on the ball never moved into space for each other, they dove into tacklesand went into other tackles half hearted and looked like a beaten side from the half time kick off , they had a right wing who has No idea how to play right wing he spent all day chaing the ball inside to shase it back out to the wing and whenever he actually got the ball he eithe passed the ballto the opposition or was just pushed off the ball , infact most of the charelstown side were easily pushed off the ball and were very weak in tackles. this was supposed to be a top ofthe table clash but it was a wimper at the end with Charelestown hardly even haveing a shot in the second half and couldn't find the net against 10 men.. don't know how they are at the top of the table with that kind of effort they don't deserve to be there so would be interesting to watch the table over the next few weeks... if Charelsown think they can make semis they have some serious work to do... Lakes were lucky to get 2 gifts other wise I don't think they would have scored but they took their chances well and held on they will be there at the business end not sure about Charlestown..

Quote Originally Posted by Just a spectator View Post
    I saw this game couldn't miss it after the first round clash these teams had...!
    it was an interesting game Charelstown totally controlled the forst 30 minutes and should have been up 3 or 4 nil at that stage... Lakes keeper was in the right spot a few times for rushed shots and made good saves, calmer strikers would have scored by placing the ball but hey..! credit to the young lad for staying big and making some good saves... Lakes scored 2 goals in quick succession courtesey of 2 raging mistakes by the Charlestown back line they stitched their keeper up and couldn't follow simple instructions from him... they were disoriented and caught out of position and Lakes took their chances well. late in the half Lakes had a young fella sent off for decent and went down to 10 men. You would have thought that after half time and only being down by 2 that Charlestown would have come out guns blazing but instead came out looking like a beaten side they had the extra man but you wouldn't have thought so... Lakes rallied and Charlestown panicked they were at best reactive and in no way pro active they needed to move the ball around and stretch the 10 men of Lakes around the park but instead took too long on the ball never moved into space for each other, they dove into tacklesand went into other tackles half hearted and looked like a beaten side from the half time kick off , they had a right wing who has No idea how to play right wing he spent all day chaing the ball inside to shase it back out to the wing and whenever he actually got the ball he eithe passed the ballto the opposition or was just pushed off the ball , infact most of the charelstown side were easily pushed off the ball and were very weak in tackles. this was supposed to be a top ofthe table clash but it was a wimper at the end with Charelestown hardly even haveing a shot in the second half and couldn't find the net against 10 men.. don't know how they are at the top of the table with that kind of effort they don't deserve to be there so would be interesting to watch the table over the next few weeks... if Charelsown think they can make semis they have some serious work to do... Lakes were lucky to get 2 gifts other wise I don't think they would have scored but they took their chances well and held on they will be there at the business end not sure about Charlestown..
    TL/DR
    Sounds like the team with the better keeper won. Maybe if the Charlie keeper could organise his defence they wouldn't concede easy goals all the time instead of him crab-walking around the field pretending to carry the shopping inside.

Geez, for a bloke who just attends as a 'spectator', you seem pretty victimised by the Hammers performance. And you know the ins and outs so well all from the sideline, how odd.
    Maybe next time you're 'spectating' you should try to do something about it instead of coming online and bitching about blokes like a coward.

Banned
    Nah. Come on and give your honest opinion. Dont mind seeing some facts about a game

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    TL/DR
    Sounds like the team with the better keeper won. Maybe if the Charlie keeper could organise his defence they wouldn't concede easy goals all the time instead of him crab-walking around the field pretending to carry the shopping inside.

Geez, for a bloke who just attends as a 'spectator', you seem pretty victimised by the Hammers performance. And you know the ins and outs so well all from the sideline, how odd.
    Maybe next time you're 'spectating' you should try to do something about it instead of coming online and bitching about blokes like a coward.
    Ah wouldn't say that ... Lakes keeper did ok the saves he made were hit straight at him... credit to him though he kept a clean sheeet
    Charlies keeper is a good keeper I wouldn't say he crabs around... he was the busier keeper and made some good saves mainly clean ups but needed to be done..as for the goals.. were you even at the game the Charelstown keeper was organising his defense all day he never shut up... he got stiched for 2 goals and a good example is the second goal his back was under pressure and he called for the ball and the back passed the ball basically to the lakes striker... it's not the keepers fult is a bloke can;t make a simple 10 yard pass...!

Yes I'm a spectator been retired for a while now and I'm no victim buddy ... and being a spectator it's not my job to as you say do something about it , that 's the coache's job and the team...and I wasn't bitching about blokes I just gave a fair oppinion of what I saw on the day ... do you even know what a coward is you peanut... you're probablly one of those precious types who can;t handle the truth or critisism and need to be tokd you're the best everones a winner...

With that response, why don’t you just announce yourself as the second coming of Newysports. You have made one critical error. Charlestown are nowhere near top of the table, they are 9 points off Lakes. Kurri were second before this game
    Last edited by Homer7654; 18-05-2021 at 10:57 PM.

With that response, why don’t you just announce yourself as the second coming of Newysports. You have made one critical error. Charlestown are nowhere near top of the table, they are 9 points off Lakes. Kurri were second before this game
    Charlestown are closer to the top then the bottom. I still see them as being a big threat around finals time.
    After 7 games, Lakes already look the goods for promotion. They will drop some points along the way, Interesting to see who can grab some points off them first.

Ha ha good on ya ... ok then I stand corrected I haven't looked at the tale I was told by someone it was 1 v 2

Ah wouldn't say that ... Lakes keeper did ok the saves he made were hit straight at him... credit to him though he kept a clean sheeet
    Charlies keeper is a good keeper I wouldn't say he crabs around... he was the busier keeper and made some good saves mainly clean ups but needed to be done..as for the goals.. were you even at the game the Charelstown keeper was organising his defense all day he never shut up... he got stiched for 2 goals and a good example is the second goal his back was under pressure and he called for the ball and the back passed the ball basically to the lakes striker... it's not the keepers fult is a bloke can;t make a simple 10 yard pass...!

Yes I'm a spectator been retired for a while now and I'm no victim buddy ... and being a spectator it's not my job to as you say do something about it , that 's the coache's job and the team...and I wasn't bitching about blokes I just gave a fair oppinion of what I saw on the day ... do you even know what a coward is you peanut... you're probablly one of those precious types who can;t handle the truth or critisism and need to be tokd you're the best everones a winner...
    Hi Shal

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Charlestown are closer to the top then the bottom. I still see them as being a big threat around finals time.
    After 7 games, Lakes already look the goods for promotion. They will drop some points along the way, Interesting to see who can grab some points off them first.
    Could be anyone. Everyone will try desperately to take points off them. Kurri looking the goods though atm. Big wins recently

Quote Originally Posted by LINGERA View Post
    Hi Shal
    Lol I'm not Shal buddy, I do know him, I've played with and against him, and he used to train at the same gym, you obviously can't read I've been retired for a while now

Lol I'm not Shal buddy, I do know him, I've played with and against him, and he used to train at the same gym, you obviously can't read I've been retired for a while now
    Ok thanks for clearing that up Shal

Quote Originally Posted by LINGERA View Post
    Ok thanks for clearing that up Shal
    I don't know you Pal and you definatley don't know me... !

Medowie v Cardiff
    Firsts 1-0
    Reserves 4-2