Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NPL Youth Thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2021 NPL Youth Thread

discussion here

I am looking forward to watch some preseason trials. If anyone knows of any can you list them below? Thanks Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    discussion here
    Today it was Edgeworth vs Broadmeadow

U13 Edgy 4-3
    U14 Edgy 4-1
    U15 Edgy 3-0
    U16 Edgy 4-0

Jeepers creepers yeah!

Anyone got any positive NPL youth news, thats not going to come across as creepy?

[QUOTE=KITZ;245332]Anyone got any positive NPL youth news, thats not going to come across as creepy?[/QU

Yesterday it was Edgeworth vs CC Mariners

U13 CCM 5-0
    U14 CCM 3-1
    U15 CCM 9-1
    U16 CCM 3-2

Jeepers creepers yeah!

From all reports Maitland’s youth NPL gave Valentine a touch up over the weekends trial games. Especially in the 13s and 14s

[QUOTE=Captain_Carl;245362]
    Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Anyone got any positive NPL youth news, thats not going to come across as creepy?[/QU

Yesterday it was Edgeworth vs CC Mariners

U13 CCM 5-0
    U14 CCM 3-1
    U15 CCM 9-1
    U16 CCM 3-2

Jeepers creepers yeah!
    U13 CCM 5-0
    U14 CCM 3-1
    U15 CCM 9-1
    U16 CCM 4-2

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    From all reports Maitland’s youth NPL gave Valentine a touch up over the weekends trial games. Especially in the 13s and 14s
    From memory it was
    13’s 10-1
    14’s 7-0
    15’s 2-0
    16’s 4-1

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    From memory it was
    13’s 10-1
    14’s 7-0
    15’s 2-0
    16’s 4-1
    Yeah looks close I’d say the 13s would have been higher, I didn’t see it all from the start but they looked pretty slick for a 13s team.

Yeah looks close I’d say the 13s would have been higher, I didn’t see it all from the start but they looked pretty slick for a 13s team.
    Might be the last of the old HV SAP program coming though, depending on how many of them they took.

Looks like it might be a bit of a different comp for the 14's this year, will be interesting to see how the season shapes up, probably the same up around the top 4, but then a bit different through the rest of the ladder. I'm looking forward to seeing what the season brings.

Yeah they are I get the pleasure of seeing them train on a regular basis having the same training nights as them, and they do look good just at training. Unfortunately didn’t see them play at all as I only saw the back end of the 15’s and all the 16’s. So only going off what I remember seeing on the scoreboard.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Yeah they are I get the pleasure of seeing them train on a regular basis having the same training nights as them, and they do look good just at training. Unfortunately didn’t see them play at all as I only saw the back end of the 15’s and all the 16’s. So only going off what I remember seeing on the scoreboard.
    Where did they pull the team from ?

Youth season kicks off this weekend and for everyone’s benefit I am going to tell you which teams in each age group will finish in the top 4 at the end of the season. Note, they are in alphabetical order not rank order:

U13s - Broadmeadow, Edgeworth, Lambton, Maitland
    U14s - Edgeworth, Maitland, Mid Coast, Newcastle
    U15s - Edgeworth, Maitland, Newcastle, Valentine
    U16s - Edgeworth, Lambton, Maitland, Newcastle

You might find a couple of these predictions surprising but nobody understands youth football like me and when you look at this post at the end of the season you will find my accuracy to be upwards of 80%. Before anyone criticises me about what an arrogant moron I am put your money where your mouth is and let’s see your predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Youth season kicks off this weekend and for everyone’s benefit I am going to tell you which teams in each age group will finish in the top 4 at the end of the season. Note, they are in alphabetical order not rank order:

You might find a couple of these predictions surprising but nobody understands youth football like me and when you look at this post at the end of the season you will find my accuracy to be upwards of 80%. Before anyone criticises me about what an arrogant moron I am put your money where your mouth is and let’s see your predictions.
    I love the post and confidence but am very surprised about the Edgeworth 13s. Rumour has it they had to make places for sponsors kids

U13s - Magic, Jaffa's, Maitland, Olympic
    U14s - Magic, MNC, Olympic, Rosebuds
    U15s - Azzurri, Magic, Olympic, Rosebuds
    U16s - Edgy, Magic, Jaffa's, Olympic

Is it definitely still top 4 this year?
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Has there been many preseason trials this year? I’ve only seen a few results posted

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post

Id drop Adamstown out of 14s and 15's possibly put Maitland or Edgeworth there in 14's (but I'd like to see how their new keepers perform though). Our last trial game against them in the 15s they fielded half a team of 16's and still only won by 2 goals. would appear they don't have kids that are good enough to push up into the next age group and its pretty poor form fielding players an age down especially for a trial game. for a team we lost to by a bit of a margin last year in the 13s, we beat Adamstown in preseason trials this year. Theres always a bit of change between 13's and 14s so other than olympic, MNC, Edgeworth who will field almost the same team I'm expecting to see some changes happening across that age group.

@Retired01 - that wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Not sure why you are claiming Edgeworth top across three grades

Their 14s only finished 6th last year, not many changes. Certainly not enough to now make them better than Mid Coast which only lost one game all year and Olympic only losing 2. You're off your rocker.

15s Edgeworth well they should make top 4 again, Magic developed their players well and so they went to Jets so they will drop but Olympic will easily finish top

Only Premier you have correct is Edgeworth 16s

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post

Swap MidNorth and Olympic on top and and Magic to 3rd or 4th in 14s and you will be right

How has Azzurri changed enough to finish top in 15s?

You'd be right for 16s

If I am going to tell people they are wrong I may as well put my predictions in (and some of you are)

13s - Lambton, Broadmeadow, Edgeworth, Charlestown
    14s - Mid Coast, Olympic, Maitland, Adamstown (I wouldn't have Adamstown so high but since most of them didn't end up going to Jaffas they will still do alright)
    15s - Olympic, Maitland, Edgeworth, Broadmeadow
    16s- Edgeworth, Lambton, Olympic, Broadmeadow