Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
If there have been code of conduct breaches and the club has called the players out on it and the players resign mid-season because they don't feel like they have to behave properly I think it is unfair on all the other players.

Would be a different story if they couldn't field a team from the start.
The behaviour was swearing at officials to the point they should have been sent off, at injured players from the opposition team, at training. Not just the general swearing that kids sometimes do, but directed at people. Repeated incidents over time, unfortunately.

Pretty much what I told my son when I spoke to him. Don't ever put your football development in the hands of your team mates, you have to look out for yourself in order to make it through to seniors in this sport, those players didn't just affect their own development but their teammates who got dragged into it as well, as well as all the other players in the region.

The club did the right thing in trying to address it. The players let the club down, themselves and their fellow team mates and not to mention the sport as a whole.

I think putting together a new team now would just be pulling players from other teams and divisions and from what I've seen it's an age group a few clubs are struggling to fill this year, not sure it would be fair on other clubs to do that at this point in the season.