Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NPL Youth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    how do you know who knows what or who volunteers where? you are making assumptions based on your own very little knowledge it appears.

If football was less about politics and "who you know, or how much sponsorship you are willing to pay" and actually based on skill, commitment and dedication, Youth football wouldn't be the bag of rubbish that it currently is in NNSW.

On another note has anyone got any idea about the philosophy behind the 9v9 Wednesday night tournament that's starting at the end of June??? small sided games with I assume the SAP sized goals???
    Well said.

Haven’t heard anything on the 9v9 what clubs are involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    Do you still actually believe in trials ? Outside of U9s is any trial an actual trial. Most clubs have always tapped the kids on the shoulder they want and then give the spool of we can’t officially give you a spot in writing until this date because of NNSW rules etc but you have a spot, so turn up to the first trial and we can officially give it to you then.
    There's always one or two spots left even if most are taken from players they retained and some new ones coming in

On another note has anyone got any idea about the philosophy behind the 9v9 Wednesday night tournament that's starting at the end of June??? small sided games with I assume the SAP sized goals???
    Not just SAP sized goals but on a SAP sized field, but there is one difference between U12 JDL and this competition, this competition has no offside at all

Well said.

Haven’t heard anything on the 9v9 what clubs are involved?
    Meant to be all clubs split into 3 compeitions

Cup: Top 6 YNPL teams
    Plate: Bottom 4 YNPL Teams Top4 HitFM teams
    Trophy: Rest of HitFM teams

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Meant to be all clubs split into 3 compeitions

Cup: Top 6 YNPL teams
    Plate: Bottom 4 YNPL Teams Top4 HitFM teams
    Trophy: Rest of HitFM teams
    Tournament concept fantastic , 9v9 on smaller pitches ridiculous

I am assuming the justification will be that without reducing the pitch size they couldn't get enough games completed in time.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I am assuming the justification will be that without reducing the pitch size they couldn't get enough games completed in time.
    9v9 on a half pitch is ludicrous for 14s and 15s. 7v7 would be better for those age groups in an area of that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    That's probably exactly it and no point handing it out to clubs to host means less money for Northern

It’s been done in Spain for years. It’s called the LaLiga promises tournament and it’s a massive thing. Look it up.
    Edit: it’s played 7v7
    Last edited by BS detecor; 03-06-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    9v9 on a half pitch is ludicrous for 14s and 15s. 7v7 would be better for those age groups in an area of that size.
    Would be better to tie a futsal comp onto the NPL, run it on the synthetic. 5 v 5 maybe split into two teams. not in the death cages though as it encourages poor first touch just smashing it off the sides and injuring each other. run it as a preseason and a tournament comp or something. Theres literally no FFA sanctioned futsal in NNSW - yet there's a state / national selection and competitions over the start of the year that northern have no participation in.

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    It’s been done in Spain for years. It’s called the LaLiga promises tournament and it’s a massive thing. Look it up.
    Edit: it’s played 7v7
    7v7 is ideal on the smaller pitches 9v9 is ridiculous these kids will be so cramped on the small pitches

Nationals squad sent out to players today

Nationals squad sent out to players today
    beginning to think there's very little point to being selected in these squads. The more research I do the more that I've seen that the successful players (one example mat Ryan - but there's plenty around in the NPL - especially if you look at senior NPL football in Sydney) had very little to do with either A-League academies or selections for teams like this, there's quite a few players that are picked up when they are playing senior football at 17/18 and have had nothing to do with with "rep" football like TSP etc coming through.

Makes me wonder if players give up too early because of missing out on things like this at 14 or 15 and if the focus on how footballers are developed is flawed somewhere. I did hear of players actually turning down selection to attend camps especially in the 15s this year.

beginning to think there's very little point to being selected in these squads. The more research I do the more that I've seen that the successful players (one example mat Ryan - but there's plenty around in the NPL - especially if you look at senior NPL football in Sydney) had very little to do with either A-League academies or selections for teams like this, there's quite a few players that are picked up when they are playing senior football at 17/18 and have had nothing to do with with "rep" football like TSP etc coming through.

Makes me wonder if players give up too early because of missing out on things like this at 14 or 15 and if the focus on how footballers are developed is flawed somewhere. I did hear of players actually turning down selection to attend camps especially in the 15s this year.
    Definitely not the be all and end all of a footballers life but it never hurts to play in front of national coaches and A league TD’s plus it’s a fun week of football against other elite kids from all over the country.
    There will always be players who turn down these opportunities for one reason or another but not everyone has the same drive and ambition so it’s not a surprise.

I did hear of players actually turning down selection to attend camps especially in the 15s this year.
    They turned down wanting to attend the selection camps? Could be a number of reasons for that including cost, lack of interest, on holiday during the first one etc.

But it seems being at those camps does nothing to increase your chances of being selected as there are a number of players that were never invited to either the 1st or 2nd camp and still got selected

They turned down wanting to attend the selection camps? Could be a number of reasons for that including cost, lack of interest, on holiday during the first one etc.

But it seems being at those camps does nothing to increase your chances of being selected as there are a number of players that were never invited to either the 1st or 2nd camp and still got selected
    Yep - good way to make some more money though. And the number of kids being selected in this team and TSP in general from outside northern nsw (ie influx of kids from the central coast) is pushing local kids out - that's without getting started on what happens with the far north coast.

Also, CB washed out today?? was there a lot of rain on the east side of the lake this week that didn't happen anywhere else?

Also, CB washed out today?? was there a lot of rain on the east side of the lake this week that didn't happen anywhere else?
    Only takes a heavy dew to put that ground in doubt

Yep - good way to make some more money though. And the number of kids being selected in this team and TSP in general from outside northern nsw (ie influx of kids from the central coast) is pushing local kids out - that's without getting started on what happens with the far north coast.

CB’s drainage is appalling.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Anyone know how the Magic 13s went today ?

Anyone know how the Magic 13s went today ?
    6-1 win.