Imo, a coach has a couple of sprays up their sleeve each season. In my opinion they should be reserved for effort related issues like turning the ball over cheaply and not trying to recover or just not putting in 100% effort. Effort is something the player can control, and as a player I had no problem with a coach pointing that out.
Mistakes, positioning, skills etc should draw constructive feedback and simple instructions.

Personally, I don’t think many young players or players in general react positively to being yelled at.

I think there are ways to keep players accountable that don’t involve yelling. Players Identifying their game goals or writing down an objective or aim then reviewing it post game is a way to make players think about their own game.
I remember a coach I had in NBN 18s told me as captain I needed to get up my players when they screwed up and to let them know it wasn’t good enough. For me, that wasn’t my nature. As mentioned above, players know when they make errors or do something wrong, the reaction and effort is much more important. Encourage them to make sure next time or to work to get it back, just some encouragement goes a long way and fosters a much better experience.