Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
In terms of fees. I’ll just say that not everyone is in a financial position to pay this type of money for a sport. Not everyone comes from a family who understand the way the code works at the moment or is fully across it. (My first year of NBN was $400 for everything, and the next club was 350). You’d be surprised how many juniors and parents new to sporting world don’t know about elite competitions until it’s “too late”. Growing up, my parents just assumed NBN was where the better All Age players were. Anyway. I do believe or sincerely hope that if there were any genuine cases of parents not being able to afford their child rego and fees, that clubs would help out. It takes a lot for somebody to ask for financial help and state they can’t afford it. If there are clubs who wouldn’t subsidise or have payment plans or something in place for the odd child who unfortunately couldn’t afford it, then I don’t think you’d want to be part of that club anyway.
This is where the discussion started before some clown started banging on about Coles.

Yes it is expensive part of that is the associations (including FA) who all want a piece of the pie as well. The game is becoming a sport for the wealthy, clubs and the associations should be looking to reduce costs where possible.

Why because people will go to community, will go to other sports and they can include the talented kids that could be the next A-league player, the next socceroo etc. In the UK the EPL clubs will have free coaching clincs in poor areas because they know there is plenty of talent within the lower classes and it isn't just the well off that can produce kids with raw talent