Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NPL Youth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    Glad to see you’ve got your dickhead hat on Jim. You’re never to far away from a lame and uneducated comment
    thankful someone else saw it. I don't know any kid that wants to have their footballing career end at 16. I mean we are all here to see them succeed right? What I'm trying to say is that its not always roses at the top - I'd still like to see technically better football - not rugby tackling and some of the other carry on that happens up here, and frankly Northern NSW is still way behind while people are b***tching about how good they think their club is just because they win premerships at youth. I might agree if we were pumping out top footballers. but we aren't, and that's disappointing for all the kids that play right - no matter what club they are at - because I care more about what my kid and others can achieve out of their football - and weekend football in the NPL is just one part of that.

Surely that's something we can all agree on?

Also - 9v9 - 830pm starts during school term for 13/14 year olds. its the most stupid thing I've seen. Northern do not care that kids don't live 5 minutes from the facility. some parents drive an hour just to get down there and then another hour home - kids that age can be dropped at the facility for the day and could be run as a school holiday / pre-season competition - anything that means me not getting home at 10pm at night and turning around to put my kid on a bus at 730am the next day for school - because some schools actually have attendance requirements. I bet not every club is getting the fun of kicking off at 830pm in the middle of winter on a school night.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    thankful someone else saw it. I don't know any kid that wants to have their footballing career end at 16. I mean we are all here to see them succeed right? What I'm trying to say is that its not always roses at the top - I'd still like to see technically better football - not rugby tackling and some of the other carry on that happens up here, and frankly Northern NSW is still way behind while people are b***tching about how good they think their club is just because they win premerships at youth. I might agree if we were pumping out top footballers. but we aren't, and that's disappointing for all the kids that play right - no matter what club they are at - because I care more about what my kid and others can achieve out of their football - and weekend football in the NPL is just one part of that.

Surely that's something we can all agree on?
    If any kid is treating football as a career before 16 then they are in for a world of disappointment.
    Rule 1. Love the game
    Rule 2. First learn rule 1

Follow these rules and you can still be playing football at 50 despite never reaching your parents expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    Thanks Jim, once again proven my point. Enjoy the world you live in, the rest of us will get on with reality.
    Nah mate your the grub who starts this. Cant even hold a decent convo without having a go then when your told the truth you twaddle off like the coward you are. Give yourself a needle mate no one will miss ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    If any kid is treating football as a career before 16 then they are in for a world of disappointment.
    Rule 1. Love the game
    Rule 2. First learn rule 1

Follow these rules and you can still be playing football at 50 despite never reaching your parents expectations
    So kids cant aspire?

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post

Surely that's something we can all agree on?.
    Actually I agree with a lot of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    14s and 15s NL1 and NPL starts this Wednesday

Bit of a pisstake really 9v9 across half a field, no offside, 25 min halves, not sure what the point of it is except to say that it gives the top 4 NL1 teams an opportunity to have a kick against some NPL teams
    14s
    https://websites.sportstg.com/comp_i...IXTURE&round=0

15s
    https://websites.sportstg.com/comp_i...ROUND&round=-1
    Last edited by Jim; 22-06-2021 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Nah mate your the grub who starts this. Cant even hold a decent convo without having a go then when your told the truth you twaddle off like the coward you are. Give yourself a needle mate no one will miss ya.
    Once again showing the level you’re at, special special individual.

What happens after the 3 rounds are completed? Is there finals or best record wins?
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

I am in support of the 9v9 games as a parent involved in the JDL there are alot of the 12,13 and 14 year old kids who dont have basic skills. first touch, dribbling in tight spaces. The full size fields are letting the boys have terrible touches to control and dribbling terribly because its hidden due to the open spaces. I go to my comment a few weeks ago when friends of mine told me about 2x 13yo in the 12s TSP as they dont have basic skills and yes they run fast and are dominant verbally or physically but their body positions and skills are behind the 12s.
    No I didnt agree with the 5v5 as it was just too small and the walls also hid the technical failures of the players but now we all know and Im sure we wont see that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    I am in support of the 9v9 games as a parent involved in the JDL there are alot of the 12,13 and 14 year old kids who dont have basic skills. first touch, dribbling in tight spaces. The full size fields are letting the boys have terrible touches to control and dribbling terribly because its hidden due to the open spaces. I go to my comment a few weeks ago when friends of mine told me about 2x 13yo in the 12s TSP as they dont have basic skills and yes they run fast and are dominant verbally or physically but their body positions and skills are behind the 12s.
    No I didnt agree with the 5v5 as it was just too small and the walls also hid the technical failures of the players but now we all know and Im sure we wont see that again.
    2-3 games of 50 minutes isn't going to fix this

2-3 games of 50 minutes isn't going to fix this
    I completely agree but you are not going to schedule 10 weekends of it straight away are you?

Any1 wanna help start up NewyFootball forum merch with me? I starting with “Jim’s dickhead hat”. $30 a cap!!!

MEGA LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    I completely agree but you are not going to schedule 10 weekends of it straight away are you?
    Why not? After watching a few games tonight this should be every team's third training session of the week.

A few upsets tonight, Cooks Hill and South Cardiff beat their NPL opponents. Adamstown had to go to penalties to win against their HitFM opponent.

A few upsets tonight, Cooks Hill and South Cardiff beat their NPL opponents. Adamstown had to go to penalties to win against their HitFM opponent.
    Wat was all those pens about? Run from the halfway line? Like indoor soccer from 1980

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Wat was all those pens about? Run from the halfway line? Like indoor soccer from 1980
    Yeah very American, perhaps more likely to score than a normal penalty when the goal is only 5m wide

The new 9v9 shopping trip for NPL clubs, oops I mean 9v9 NPL/HitFM challenge.

Let's hope some good HitFM kids make their way to NPL.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Yeah very American, perhaps more likely to score than a normal penalty when the goal is only 5m wide
    I was there last night very good concept and NNSW should be congratulated for trying something new and different that most only seen as a negative. What I seen is kids having fun and enjoying cup type competitive football mid season. For me it has nothing to with development or highlighting elite individuals it was very exciting and some of the reactions of the kids after their penalty shootout wins was a breathe of fresh air on what is normally a mundane time of the year in football. Results in this format can not be an overall determinate on the gap between NPL and NL1 but it will hopefully highlight the case for clubs youth teams to be detached from their senior ranks and be promoted and relegated on their own merits so the youth football across the board can become more competitive. Along the way rewarding clubs or individual teams within clubs that are working hard and developing. Which in turn will hopefully stop the poaching that some of the bigger clubs do and make them concentrate more on developing their own and hopefully bring a little more loyalty back into local football at least at youth level.

Just my thoughts, but its a great concept and if nothing else it creates more football which cant be a bad thing. Be great to hear from some of the naysayers that were at the ground last night to see if their opinions have change.

Also, it was very professionally run and the amount of NNSW personnel on hand to watch and help out must also be applauded.

I was there last night very good concept and NNSW should be congratulated for trying something new and different that most only seen as a negative. What I seen is kids having fun and enjoying cup type competitive football mid season. For me it has nothing to with development or highlighting elite individuals it was very exciting and some of the reactions of the kids after their penalty shootout wins was a breathe of fresh air on what is normally a mundane time of the year in football. Results in this format can not be an overall determinate on the gap between NPL and NL1 but it will hopefully highlight the case for clubs youth teams to be detached from their senior ranks and be promoted and relegated on their own merits so the youth football across the board can become more competitive. Along the way rewarding clubs or individual teams within clubs that are working hard and developing. Which in turn will hopefully stop the poaching that some of the bigger clubs do and make them concentrate more on developing their own and hopefully bring a little more loyalty back into local football at least at youth level.

Just my thoughts, but its a great concept and if nothing else it creates more football which cant be a bad thing. Be great to hear from some of the naysayers that were at the ground last night to see if their opinions have change.

Also, it was very professionally run and the amount of NNSW personnel on hand to watch and help out must also be applauded.

Quote Originally Posted by matmoncrieff View Post
    *nip*
    Yes looked enjoyable and most players and parents seemed to enjoy the night. Apart from the penalty thing I did say earlier that this should be done all year as the club's third training session on top of their 2 club sessions. Perhaps mix both NL1 and NPL into two large groups picked at random (mix of NL1 and NPL in both) and play all year.

For me it has nothing to with development or highlighting elite individuals it was very exciting and some of the reactions of the kids after their penalty shootout wins was a breathe of fresh air on what is normally a mundane time of the year in football.
    It seems like good development for the players, current format playing 2-6 games depending on what competition you are in and how you perform seems like good development to supplement their work with clubs and weekend games.

Results in this format can not be an overall determinate on the gap between NPL and NL1 but it will hopefully highlight the case for clubs youth teams to be detached from their senior ranks and be promoted and relegated on their own merits so the youth football across the board can become more competitive.
    Considering we had 2 NL1 teams win and a third nearly win it certainly shows that there should be promotion/relegation amongst youth