Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
Glad to see you’ve got your dickhead hat on Jim. You’re never to far away from a lame and uneducated comment
thankful someone else saw it. I don't know any kid that wants to have their footballing career end at 16. I mean we are all here to see them succeed right? What I'm trying to say is that its not always roses at the top - I'd still like to see technically better football - not rugby tackling and some of the other carry on that happens up here, and frankly Northern NSW is still way behind while people are b***tching about how good they think their club is just because they win premerships at youth. I might agree if we were pumping out top footballers. but we aren't, and that's disappointing for all the kids that play right - no matter what club they are at - because I care more about what my kid and others can achieve out of their football - and weekend football in the NPL is just one part of that.

Surely that's something we can all agree on?

Also - 9v9 - 830pm starts during school term for 13/14 year olds. its the most stupid thing I've seen. Northern do not care that kids don't live 5 minutes from the facility. some parents drive an hour just to get down there and then another hour home - kids that age can be dropped at the facility for the day and could be run as a school holiday / pre-season competition - anything that means me not getting home at 10pm at night and turning around to put my kid on a bus at 730am the next day for school - because some schools actually have attendance requirements. I bet not every club is getting the fun of kicking off at 830pm in the middle of winter on a school night.