Jaffas
    For me …
    Azzurri
    Mid Coast
    Valentine
    Jaffas

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    Azzuri - Surprise packets and will be there when the Season gets serious
    Don't they have a bunch of emerging Jets in that team?I haven't seen them play yet but Magic and Jaffas have been the teams to impress me most so far.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Don't they have a bunch of emerging Jets in that team?I haven't seen them play yet but Magic and Jaffas have been the teams to impress me most so far.
    Wouldnt they be in this years 13's Jets if they were going to get there? There isnt a lot of movement in Jets youth teams.

They are a decent team though
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Another week down, anyone have any highlights or observations they want to share?

Any teams exceeding expectations?

Another week down, anyone have any highlights or observations they want to share?

Any teams exceeding expectations?
    Been watching some metro Jets youth and some local NPL Youth over last few months. Pretty underwhelmed at what im seeing here. Some players are up for some intense footy but most not. Seems like many are going through the "processed" motions.

Clubs already looking to 2022 for additional players. It’s about that time of year I guess.

Everyone’s thoughts on coaches reaching out to “minors” directly via Instagram rather than via Club TD or (hang on, here’s an idea) the kids parents?

True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Clubs already looking to 2022 for additional players. It’s about that time of year I guess.

Everyone’s thoughts on coaches reaching out to “minors” directly via Instagram rather than via Club TD or (hang on, here’s an idea) the kids parents?

True story.
    If you don't trust your kids to be internet safe, might be better to just not let them have social media.

Contact the club - find out if its legit.

It also depends on the age of the player.
    Last edited by KITZ; 29-05-2021 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    If you don't trust your kids to be internet safe, might be better to just not let them have social media.

Contact the club - find out if its legit.

It also depends on the age of the player.
    Agreed. And for the record - not talking 15 year olds - younger

True story.
    Nup. Friends of the family or mates suggesting, thats ok. Asking the player to contact parents is fine. But officials from clubs always through the parents.

Agreed. And for the record - not talking 15 year olds - younger
    I’d name the club. Respect goes along way and the coach should talk to the parents.

I’d name the club. Respect goes along way and the coach should talk to the parents.
    If the coach doesn't know the parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    If the coach doesn't know the parents?
    Well he shouldn’t be coaching if he’s not that clever. Let’s get real it’s the NPL someone always knows someone. If you can find the kid on social media you can find his parents and do the respectful thing

Well he shouldn’t be coaching if he’s not that clever. Let’s get real it’s the NPL someone always knows someone. If you can find the kid on social media you can find his parents and do the respectful thing
    If you know the kid nothing wrong with saying like to come trail.

The issue becomes when they start offering them the spot or even offering money as one coach did for an U14 player a couple years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    If you know the kid nothing wrong with saying like to come trail.

The issue becomes when they start offering them the spot or even offering money as one coach did for an U14 player a couple years ago
    Do you still actually believe in trials ? Outside of U9s is any trial an actual trial. Most clubs have always tapped the kids on the shoulder they want and then give the spool of we can’t officially give you a spot in writing until this date because of NNSW rules etc but you have a spot, so turn up to the first trial and we can officially give it to you then.

Do you still actually believe in trials ? Outside of U9s is any trial an actual trial. Most clubs have always tapped the kids on the shoulder they want and then give the spool of we can’t officially give you a spot in writing until this date because of NNSW rules etc but you have a spot, so turn up to the first trial and we can officially give it to you then.
    It’s worked that way since the TD of Newcastle football used to give his whole team to olympic 13’s. There’s usually a final spot here and there in the big clubs for a triallist and the rest will filter on through the other clubs until they end up at lakes. Unless a kid literally has 2 left feet, they should find a spot somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    It’s worked that way since the TD of Newcastle football used to give his whole team to olympic 13’s. There’s usually a final spot here and there in the big clubs for a triallist and the rest will filter on through the other clubs until they end up at lakes. Unless a kid literally has 2 left feet, they should find a spot somewhere
    100% old mate from NF now at a club in between New Lambton and Jesmond spends his time siphoning players and offering informed opinions. He has always been a decent pied piper but his intentions have never been as pure as he portrays. Let's be honest. The HILARIOUS thing is that there are STILL NPL Youth Coaches offering chances to come to NPL programs when the only thing PREMIER about them is the amount of complete bullshit that these clubs continue to trot out year after year after year whilst D Eland and co remain anonymous. Come and play NPL for us........aside from a couple of clubs.....run in the other direction....

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    100% old mate from NF now at a club in between New Lambton and Jesmond spends his time siphoning players and offering informed opinions. He has always been a decent pied piper but his intentions have never been as pure as he portrays. Let's be honest. The HILARIOUS thing is that there are STILL NPL Youth Coaches offering chances to come to NPL programs when the only thing PREMIER about them is the amount of complete bullshit that these clubs continue to trot out year after year after year whilst D Eland and co remain anonymous. Come and play NPL for us........aside from a couple of clubs.....run in the other direction....
    Old mate as you put it has away to make himself big, he is apart of most discussions on the SAP forum but I want to ask why is 90% of it negative toward him and his new club land role. What has he done ? Hasn’t he been in the region now for a significant time and had a significant contribution?

Old mate as you put it has away to make himself big, he is apart of most discussions on the SAP forum but I want to ask why is 90% of it negative toward him and his new club land role. What has he done ? Hasn’t he been in the region now for a significant time and had a significant contribution?
    I agree. Disgruntled parents whose children are better skilled than the actual parent every was so parent decides a nameless forum is the best place voice opinions on stuff they know nothing about, have no interest in volunteering so run it down

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    I agree. Disgruntled parents whose children are better skilled than the actual parent every was so parent decides a nameless forum is the best place voice opinions on stuff they know nothing about, have no interest in volunteering so run it down
    how do you know who knows what or who volunteers where? you are making assumptions based on your own very little knowledge it appears.

If football was less about politics and "who you know, or how much sponsorship you are willing to pay" and actually based on skill, commitment and dedication, Youth football wouldn't be the bag of rubbish that it currently is in NNSW.

On another note has anyone got any idea about the philosophy behind the 9v9 Wednesday night tournament that's starting at the end of June??? small sided games with I assume the SAP sized goals???

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    how do you know who knows what or who volunteers where? you are making assumptions based on your own very little knowledge it appears.

If football was less about politics and "who you know, or how much sponsorship you are willing to pay" and actually based on skill, commitment and dedication, Youth football wouldn't be the bag of rubbish that it currently is in NNSW.

On another note has anyone got any idea about the philosophy behind the 9v9 Wednesday night tournament that's starting at the end of June??? small sided games with I assume the SAP sized goals???
    $300 entry cost per team. 10 teams in NPL (Mid Coast and North Coast excluded) + 12 teams in NLI x 2 age groups (14s and 15s) = $13,200

How’s that for philosophy?