Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: 2021 NPL Youth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    "Better development" is the most over rated crap for mine around here. What are we developing? NPL or NL1 grade?
    A good coach in NL1 is going to be better for a young player than a shit coach at NPL. Not to mention potential opportunity to play up not just one grade but higher. Rather be a 15 or 16ypo playing 1st grade which will be better to then get into an NPL senior team than just playing my age group in NPL.

Not sure what you mean by 12 and 13yo already are ready for NPL 1st grade

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hi guys.

This is a fantastic discussion. Thanks for having it.

My son is headed to U13 next season and we are currently at this crossroads. He is a higher performing player in a NL1 U12 SAP team and he doesn’t want to leave his coach and team but wants to play NPL. If as is being said the youth league is decoupled and his club are included then I see no point him going anywhere because he’ll get the competition he craves.

BUT I just don’t know how much better the environment is at NPL clubs. We have been with our club since Noah’s ark.
    Depends on the clubs you are talking about. I also doubt Youth will be decoupled for next season, Northern aren't known for their organisational skills.

I’m realistic enough to know he might not find a place in those top tier NPL clubs but believe him strong enough for many of the others. I assume the top tier U13 teams will mainly pick from their SAP squads, and rightly so.
    Don't assume anything most clubs will leave spots open for kids from elsewhere and the number will vary depending how good their players are

Don't assume anything most clubs will leave spots open for kids from elsewhere and the number will vary depending how good their players are[/QUOTE]

Kidding right? Clubs don’t leave spots open unless they don’t have kids good enough 🤦*♂️.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Not sure what you mean by 12 and 13yo already are ready for NPL 1st grade
    My main point is that our youth are just about reaching the highest development possible at NPL youth and then most avenues are a shut shop unless some family mortgages their house to try for the next level. I find our system not good enough compared to the major cities and other countries.
    Its Not the coaches or clubs fault. They are doing a pretty good job considering resources.
    I'd like our development to be even more efficient, technical, stronger where we create higher player levels that constantly compete on a higher level then have more interaction with Aleague youth training systems.
    I think Kew J is trying to do this with some of our NPL youth now. Have shadow jets youth players who may be ready to step up to have a real chance in the aleague or even a predetermined pathway to certain European leagues so it doesnt seem amazing but a formality. So develop for the top not just our NPL.

Banned
    Not sure about individual clubs but Kew looks like he is employing better pathways so far.