Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NPL Youth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    I love the post and confidence but am very surprised about the Edgeworth 13s. Rumour has it they had to make places for sponsors kids
    I heard that as well but those players are good so probably would've made it anyway. I heard that those kids got put in the team's leadership group to please the sponsors.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I heard that as well but those players are good so probably would've made it anyway. I heard that those kids got put in the team's leadership group to please the sponsors.
    Under 13s have a leadership group?

Not sure why you are claiming Edgeworth top across three grades

Their 14s only finished 6th last year, not many changes. Certainly not enough to now make them better than Mid Coast which only lost one game all year and Olympic only losing 2. You're off your rocker.

15s Edgeworth well they should make top 4 again, Magic developed their players well and so they went to Jets so they will drop but Olympic will easily finish top

Only Premier you have correct is Edgeworth 16s
    If you read his post he does say that his top for is in ALPHABETICAL order

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    I love the post and confidence but am very surprised about the Edgeworth 13s. Rumour has it they had to make places for sponsors kids
    I am not sure of the politics there but they did defeat the highly fancied Magic team in a preseason trial.

There can always be a surprise packet and no doubt we probably will get a surprise or two ... or three if we revise these posts at season’s end.

Edgeworth 14s preseason results:
    3-1 loss against Mariners (quite respectable)
    4-1 win against Magic (last year’s grand finalists)
    2-1 win against Central Coast United (play in Sydney NPL)
    Another 3-1 loss against Mariners (quite respectable again).

Time will tell if I am off my rocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    yeah thats a bit precious but if it works everyone will be on it.

Wow, predictions for junior football, please, let’s just hope each child improves and becomes a better person for the experience without mum and dad checking scores and tables, some people just don’t get it

Lakes and valo to struggle in all 4 grades

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Wow, predictions for junior football, please, let’s just hope each child improves and becomes a better person for the experience without mum and dad checking scores and tables, some people just don’t get it
    People aren’t allowed to follow or be invested in the top tier of youth football in the hunter but it’s ok for you to be passionate about a second tier senior team in the same region?

That makes sense......
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Swap MidNorth and Olympic on top and and Magic to 3rd or 4th in 14s and you will be right

How has Azzurri changed enough to finish top in 15s?

You'd be right for 16s
    No particular order - just top 4.

I thought I did alphabetical order but in hindsight J comes before M
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Does anyone know of the career path of Connor Metcalfe who is currently playing for Melb City?He keeps getting referred to as a former Cardiff South player did he get picked out from their youth or was there something else.Theres never any mentions on if he was in Jets youth.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad;24***3
    Does anyone know of the career path of Connor Metcalfe who is currently playing for Melb City?He keeps getting referred to as a former Cardiff South player did he get picked out from their youth or was there something else.Theres never any mentions on if he was in Jets youth.
    he played for NNSW up till 11-12 then family moved to Melbourne for work, i remember reading a FTBL article about him a couple of years back

Quote Originally Posted by sideline88;24***6
    he played for NNSW up till 11-12 then family moved to Melbourne for work, i remember reading a FTBL article about him a couple of years back
    cheers.good to see him doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor;24***0
    Lakes and valo to struggle in all 4 grades
    Valo 13s and 15s will do better than you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Valo 13s and 15s will do better than you expect.
    I saw the 13s play the second half against Maitland, lots of work to do. I know it was only a trial but the stopped keeping score at 10-1

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    I saw the 13s play the second half against Maitland, lots of work to do. I know it was only a trial but the stopped keeping score at 10-1
    That’s right but I also saw Valo 13s defeat Jaffas in a preseason trial and they are a team I have picked to finish top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    That’s right but I also saw Valo 13s defeat Jaffas in a preseason trial and they are a team I have picked to finish top 4.
    Good luck to the boys, hopefully it is a close competition this year all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    I think you will find most u13s in NPL will have at least Captain and Vice Captain

Nope. Lakes 14s have won all of their trial games against NPL teams. Valo maybe. But lakes in a couple of age groups will be different.