Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NPL Youth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    In terms of fees. I’ll just say that not everyone is in a financial position to pay this type of money for a sport. Not everyone comes from a family who understand the way the code works at the moment or is fully across it. (My first year of NBN was $400 for everything, and the next club was 350). You’d be surprised how many juniors and parents new to sporting world don’t know about elite competitions until it’s “too late”. Growing up, my parents just assumed NBN was where the better All Age players were. Anyway. I do believe or sincerely hope that if there were any genuine cases of parents not being able to afford their child rego and fees, that clubs would help out. It takes a lot for somebody to ask for financial help and state they can’t afford it. If there are clubs who wouldn’t subsidise or have payment plans or something in place for the odd child who unfortunately couldn’t afford it, then I don’t think you’d want to be part of that club anyway.
    This is where the discussion started before some clown started banging on about Coles.

Yes it is expensive part of that is the associations (including FA) who all want a piece of the pie as well. The game is becoming a sport for the wealthy, clubs and the associations should be looking to reduce costs where possible.

Why because people will go to community, will go to other sports and they can include the talented kids that could be the next A-league player, the next socceroo etc. In the UK the EPL clubs will have free coaching clincs in poor areas because they know there is plenty of talent within the lower classes and it isn't just the well off that can produce kids with raw talent

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Saw the 16s Adamstown Charlestown NPL yesterday. Lads tried hard on both sides. Could have gone either way, buds nicked it 1-0.

Seemed a little scrappy for the main maybe due to the effort of both defences. Some of the players were a bit tentative at times and appeared out of their depth which makes me wonder about the depth of the whole comp. The Carlie coach or assistant was very calm during the after team talk to the point where im wondering about how concerned they really are about development. Not putting down these gentlemen down as it's a big job and they ensured a nice positive tone just wondering how serious we are at this level. Maybe they are just playing for fun which is fine.
    Not sure if needing to yell and scream after a game is worth it. You said you watched the game and both teams tried hard and could've gone either way but Adamstown just got it. If Azzuri did try hard and play well the coach understands that and is relaying that sometimes you can play your best and still lose. Perhaps he is more concerned about development and less about winning

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    Have to agree, with the exception of Maitland you're tracking well. I haven’t been to see as many games as I what I would have liked but will hopefully get to see some of the better teams clash... any individual teams you’ve seen that were a good watch ?
    In 13s Magic and Edgeworth are looking really strong and play some good football.
    In 14s Edgeworth are early standouts and are definitely a stronger team than last year but Olympic and Mid Coast are still two of the teams to beat.
    In 15s I can’t see anyone overcoming Olympic (although Magic did in last season’s grand final).
    In 16s I saw a great contest between Edgeworth and Olympic.

Reviewing my above comments I will make a call that either Olympic or Edgeworth will win the club championship (for Youth).

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    This is where the discussion started before some clown started banging on about Coles.

Yes it is expensive part of that is the associations (including FA) who all want a piece of the pie as well. The game is becoming a sport for the wealthy, clubs and the associations should be looking to reduce costs where possible.

Why because people will go to community, will go to other sports and they can include the talented kids that could be the next A-league player, the next socceroo etc. In the UK the EPL clubs will have free coaching clincs in poor areas because they know there is plenty of talent within the lower classes and it isn't just the well off that can produce kids with raw talent
    🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

We’re not in the UK, you can’t even compare if our ALeague Clubs tried to compete and do everything an EPL club does it will be a lot more then the JETs in financial trouble and needing bailouts. Lets face it the sport in Australia isn’t in a financial state to support lower tier football the way it should to have the perfect world you guys dream about.

But in saying that if you think an NPL club is going to let the next A League player go because they can’t afford the fees you’re also kidding yourself, I know a number of kids across a few clubs who have talent and are strong NPL players the clubs help out with the costs. I’m yet to hear of a club turn someone away. Correct me if I’m wrong and the club should be Named and Shamed.

The bottom line is people that live in fairly land that think they clubs are taking 30% plus of the rego fees and purely spending it on paying first graders are so far out of touch with the costs involved in running the JDL, WPL and NPL programs.

NPL is an inexpensive opportunity for NPL level kids who have aspirations to play at that level and or higher to get better quality coaching and facilities

And just back on some else previous comments that called out Lake Mac for spending all the money on first grade and not development, you really need to do yourself a favour and go and speak to someone from the Club, I was fortunate enough to speak with a parent in their NPL system and could not speak highly enough of the improvement and coaching their child is getting. it’s their second year there and the club is working hard from first grade through to JDL, they acknowledge they don’t have the talent of some of the bigger name clubs but it’s certainly not from lack of trying to develop and improve all aspects of the club at all levels... time will tell and first grade are leading the way for them.
    Last edited by Take it easy; 13-04-2021 at 07:16 AM.

NPL is an inexpensive opportunity for NPL level kids who have aspirations to play at that level and or higher to get better quality coaching and facilities.
    This is part of the problem that people were discussing before some clown came in trying to fit is broken analogy about people purchasing goods from Coles

This is part of the problem that people were discussing before some clown came in trying to fit is broken analogy about people purchasing goods from Coles
    Obviously you missed the point on the coles analogy, that was referring to the person making to claim that people pay their money they should get a say in how it’s spent within the clubs.

The coles analogy is a basic reference, you spend your money there also but don’t expect a say in how they spend.

Simple put once again NPL is cheap for what you get. Either pay and play or don’t and don’t play NPL

If more people got behind clubs instead of constantly looking for the negative, you’d be surprised the difference local football would be.

Analogy is still flawed.
    I buy self chosen groceries to eat which is good value for money. I pay kids to develop football skills and expect good value for money. Some clubs may some definitely not.
    Last edited by Jim; 13-04-2021 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Analogy is still retarded.
    I buy self chosen groceries to eat which is good value for money. I pay kids to develop football skills and expect good value for money. Some clubs may some definitely not.
    🤣🤣

You must have some serious issues in life...

That’s is the dumbest comment I’ve read on here today actually nearly ever. You win the trophy 🏆.. I hope you feel good at winning something...

You buy self chosen groceries just like you pay a self chosen club the value is in your choice 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️....

Jim you have given me the laugh that will last a while and it was free, so much value in that.

Anyway Jim, obviously your choice of club hasn’t given you value, or your markers of Value are skewed

Not sure if needing to yell and scream after a game is worth it. You said you watched the game and both teams tried hard and could've gone either way but Adamstown just got it. If Azzuri did try hard and play well the coach understands that and is relaying that sometimes you can play your best and still lose. Perhaps he is more concerned about development and less about winning
    Dont assume i like raised voices, I abhor that. The skills, processes and pattern of play were quite low. I had to check it wasnt community football

Obviously you missed the point on the coles analogy, that was referring to the person making to claim that people pay their money they should get a say in how it’s spent within the clubs.
    And then you tried claiming later on that parents are actually employees not customers. So not only is your analogy flawed but also you don't understand it yourself

I think I speak for most when I say, I hope we can stop with the supermarket analogies now?

Anyway. I think its still important to have a good senior team which helps to attract stronger youth teams.

And then you tried claiming later on that parents are actually employees not customers. So not only is your analogy flawed but also you don't understand it yourself
    Again go and reread what was written... 🤡🤡🤡

Anyway. I think its still important to have a good senior team which helps to attract stronger youth teams.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I think I speak for most when I say, I hope we can stop with the supermarket analogies now?
    Generally speaking, you get what you pay for. You shop for a Kia you get a Kia, you shop for a Ferrari you get a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Generally speaking, you get what you pay for. You shop for a Kia you get a Kia, you shop for a Ferrari you get a Ferrari.
    But when I buy a Kia, I give them my money, but I can’t tell them what engine to put in it, or what seats I want, but when I can, I do. Or is it more about the research they put into designing a new car. Maybe it’s just a percentage for each.
    Pretty similar to how a club operates imo. Thanks for clearing that up

This week 2x NNSWF U14s TSP teams went to Sydney to play in a tournament against squads already selected for National Championships. Two Sydney zones (Southern TSP, Western TSP) as well as Capital Football and Riverina. The 2 NNSWF teams collectively won 6 from 6 games with a goal record of 21 goals for and 1 goal against. Now the selectors have to pick a single team from this! Great depth in the 14s age group in our region.

Another weekend down, another weekend or lopsided score lines amongst some close contests

Has anyone seen a team that has changed their previous opinion or a team they think is to strong yet ?

13s seam to have 3 clear cut teams jaffas, Magic and Edgy. Magic appear to be by far ahead of the competition and the rest just making up numbers.

14s Olympic, Edgy and Magic, very tight top 3 but fall away after that

15s Olympic and Azzuri have started the season well, although I think It’s a much more even age group Olympic are looking good

16s haven’t watched a lot but appears to be the same as most years the best 16s are in the 18s comp which brings the competition much closer

Shoot me down now but at least let’s talk some football

Another weekend down, another weekend or lopsided score lines amongst some close contests

Has anyone seen a team that has changed their previous opinion or a team they think is to strong yet ?

13s seam to have 3 clear cut teams jaffas, Magic and Edgy. Magic appear to be by far ahead of the competition and the rest just making up numbers.

15s Olympic and Azzuri have started the season well, although I think It’s a much more even age group Olympic are looking good

16s haven’t watched a lot but appears to be the same as most years the best 16s are in the 18s comp which brings the competition much closer

I think for the 13s for Maitland will be up there also from all reports

I'll add Jaffas into the mix for 14s as well they did draw with the runaway team yesterday. Some teams just haven't played enough football to be able to get a good indication from them all.