Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Very interesting facebook post to NNSWF on the JDL grading process and draw:

https://www.facebook.com/nnswf/posts/4251393518224666
    Hahahahahha little buddy who made the post couldn't wait to get back in there as soon as he could to let everyone know his kid won 18-0 or whatever.
    What is it with parents at that club such little man syndrome.
    Id lile to personally congratulate Mr Dart on his child being the greatest ever, and by extension he being the greatest dad coach that ever lived.
    Im so super happy Facebook exists so parents like him can claim their clout.

What a clown.

Anyway im sure he's now moved on to messaging Maccas about the rudeness of their staff or the price of petrol or some such other lame ass shit.

Anyone know his insta profile im betting good money there are pronouns and climate change hashtags.

Anyway for the record I watched a few games over the weekend and there was a lot of skill on display and some fantastic football being played. There is hope for the future yet.......

Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    It’s unfortunate but when the almighty dollar takes precedence over quality we end up with what we have now.

Cut the team numbers, make it a genuine premier competition which still has room for 320 of the age groups best U9s through to 360 of the age groups best U12s..
    The extra numbers has only invited more problems compared to the old 10 team version and overwhelmed nnsw into not doing much.
    Its given hope to some lads that are no where near it at cost at near or over 1k.
    Cap it at 16 to 18 teams which is close to the old SAP and Net combined. Have better recruitment and scouting from clubs and northern.
    And for stuff sake have trials for all rep teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

NNSWF have published a JDL FAQ:

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/w...WEB-FORMAT.pdf

It looks like it is an attempt at addressing recent concerns that have been raised by clubs and individuals.

The main things that still stand out to me are:

Why was Phase 1 of the draw held at
    Lake Macquarie Regional Football
    Facility (LMRFF)?

Complete 330 team assessments
    undertaken by NNSWF’s Technical
    Team to ascertain as accurately as
    possible the overall skill level of the
    players at each of the clubs.

I think it has been called out on numerous occasions that the skill level determination based on 5v5/6v6 differs greatly from the 7v7/9v9 formats. I watched boys (typically faster/stronger) who dominate large fielded games struggle in the small sided format due to the lack of opportunity to use their abilities. On the flip sided some boys who are slower but have a high skill level looked much stronger on the small fields.

The use of the Football Five5 pitches
    (smaller pitch and less players) ensured
    that players got more touches, repeated the
    four core skills more often and increased
    the frequency of football decision-making

This is completely inaccurate for the 11's and 12's. The benefits are outweighed by the large team sizes where kids can be spending as much as 1/2 the game on the bench. Not quite so detrimental for the 9's and 10's.

How has NNSWF constructed Phase 2
    fixtures?

The placement of individual teams in pools
    may be considered in the future, however
    this approach is not supported by clubs due
    to logistical considerations including the
    capacity of Club Technical Directors to visit
    multiple venues on the same match day.

If this is the case at your club - I'd be asking some questions of the technical staff. Running an A/B format is currently not supported for grading into pool A or B based on feedback from club Technical Directors. This does not appear a fair result for at least one of the squads based on a CLUB decision.

Why are clubs allowed to put multiple
    teams into each age group?

There is no
    evidence to suggest that limiting clubs to
    one team per JDL age group will disperse
    talented players across all clubs.
    The maximum number of teams was
    agreed to by clubs and confirmed as part of
    the JDL participation agreement.

I think this is a cop out. Calling out lack of evidence on a program still experiencing growth as it is only 4 years old is like making up statistics etc. You could also call out that there is no evidence that more players wouldn't distribute to other clubs.

Again though, the clubs as a whole have pushed for 2 teams per age.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Why are clubs allowed to put multiple
    teams into each age group?

There is no
    evidence to suggest that limiting clubs to
    one team per JDL age group will disperse
    talented players across all clubs.
    The maximum number of teams was
    agreed to by clubs and confirmed as part of
    the JDL participation agreement.

I think this is a cop out. Calling out lack of evidence on a program still experiencing growth as it is only 4 years old is like making up statistics etc. You could also call out that there is no evidence that more players wouldn't distribute to other clubs.

Again though, the clubs as a whole have pushed for 2 teams per age.
    Thanks for posting this.It seems like most of the concerns on the facebook page were from NL parents.It sounds like they should be asking questions of their TD before complaining to NNSW.She should also be asked her stance on coaches and the A and B team format.I also dont think Magic and Olympic (lets face it this is who most are talking about) should be punished for having 2 strong teams.The idea that if they only get one team their kids will just go play for Adamstown or NL to strengthen their squad isnt as simple as suggested.I'd much rather somewhere like Adamstown do a better job of developing their players so they arent looked at as relying on kids from other clubs to make up their numbers.Again, the balance between avoiding the program being a closed shop and making it too lopsided isnt easy but sometimes i feel like everyone is punishing the kids rather than the clubs for this imbalance.

"This is completely inaccurate for the 11's and 12's. The benefits are outweighed by the large team sizes where kids can be spending as much as 1/2 the game on the bench. Not quite so detrimental for the 9's and 10's."

i think this effects 9s and 10s also.

having squad sizes of 9 to 10 kids. and only allowing 5 on the field has 5 kids sitting and waiting

To add one more thing,the idea of 2 teams per age was designed to have a core group ready and able to be picked straight from 12's JDL into a full squad of 13's NPL.Limiting clubs to one team means they need to go and poach 6-8 players for their 13's and the best clubs will still poach the best talent anyway.At least this way all NPL clubs should have a pool of kids who have experienced the JDL program to choose from to form their 13's team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    "This is completely inaccurate for the 11's and 12's. The benefits are outweighed by the large team sizes where kids can be spending as much as 1/2 the game on the bench. Not quite so detrimental for the 9's and 10's."

i think this effects 9s and 10s also.

having squad sizes of 9 to 10 kids. and only allowing 5 on the field has 5 kids sitting and waiting
    You are right, there isn't much of a difference, in Fast5 format the playing time per game is reduced significantly for all age groups.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    To add one more thing,the idea of 2 teams per age was designed to have a core group ready and able to be picked straight from 12's JDL into a full squad of 13's NPL.Limiting clubs to one team means they need to go and poach 6-8 players for their 13's and the best clubs will still poach the best talent anyway.At least this way all NPL clubs should have a pool of kids who have experienced the JDL program to choose from to form their 13's team.
    I'll be very interested watching the process unfold for those clubs with 2 teams.
    They will need to drop 6-8 players at least from their current 12's and that is without even considering recruiting from other clubs.

Some of it will be mitigated by the Jets picking up players but just considering Magic, Olympic, Jaffas and Edgeworth there will be something in the vicinity of 20-25 players looking for a new club to play 13's at.

I'll be very interested watching the process unfold for those clubs with 2 teams.
    They will need to drop 6-8 players at least from their current 12's and that is without even considering recruiting from other clubs.

Some of it will be mitigated by the Jets picking up players but just considering Magic, Olympic, Jaffas and Edgeworth there will be something in the vicinity of 20-25 players looking for a new club to play 13's at.
    yes i agree and id rather have an oversupply of talent than those 4 clubs out recruiting big numbers for next year.The 20-25 you speak of, plus the undoubted influx of good kids who have been playing in other comps will hopefully increase the overall level for 13's, which is the real point of it all.

I also dont think Magic and Olympic (lets face it this is who most are talking about) should be punished for having 2 strong teams.The idea that if they only get one team their kids will just go play for Adamstown or NL to strengthen their squad isnt as simple as suggested.I'd much rather somewhere like Adamstown do a better job of developing their players so they arent looked at as relying on kids from other clubs to make up their numbers.
    Completely disagree.

Adamstown should be allowed to have some stronger players to help with the development of other players. And clubs with 2 strong teams should be also forced to develop against the better players and not just continue to start with the stronger players.
    Now this isnt a demand as big clubs prepare better than most and are rewarded with strong squads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Completely disagree.

Adamstown should be allowed to have some stronger players to help with the development of other players.
    Im not sure what you mean here.Allowed by who?

TSP tomorrow night, I hear they have taken a lot of kids into the trials. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    TSP tomorrow night, I hear they have taken a lot of kids into the trials. Thoughts?
    What ages?

Quote Originally Posted by djjones View Post
    What ages?
    12s

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    Cant hurt.Kids that are not good enough will get to see the kids who are,and the kids who are good enough will see how many other kids want their spots and hopefully appreciate the opportunity.A few parents noses out of joint wondering why their little Johnny has to go through the indignity of trials and some crying that their little Johnny didnt get an invite.Think you'll find though that the kids that get picked will be the top tier of kids in the program so it will all work out fine.

Cant hurt.Kids that are not good enough will get to see the kids who are,and the kids who are good enough will see how many other kids want their spots and hopefully appreciate the opportunity.A few parents noses out of joint wondering why their little Johnny has to go through the indignity of trials and some crying that their little Johnny didnt get an invite.Think you'll find though that the kids that get picked will be the top tier of kids in the program so it will all work out fine.
    Trials are the best way to compare. Yeah for sure players who are similar will be picked and will miss but it's better than only having TDs who select their favourites.

Trials are the best way to compare. Yeah for sure players who are similar will be picked and will miss but it's better than only having TDs who select their favourites.
    I don't know what you are talking about TD's nominate kids for the TSP trials... lol. Some are picked through being watched at games, but TD's still offer up names of kids they think should be selected.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about TD's nominate kids for the TSP trials... lol. Some are picked through being watched at games, but TD's still offer up names of kids they think should be selected.
    I can correct you. Last year TD's sent in the names, no trials. Didnt matter as Covid squashed it all.

I can correct you. Last year TD's sent in the names, no trials. Didnt matter as Covid squashed it all.
    I'm not sure how that's correcting me? But if it makes you feel better, go for it.

What ages?
    12s and 13s