Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    First 2 (yes 2!) rounds have been released.

It’s blindingly obvious that the 5-6 a side competitions have meant absolutely nothing.

They have split clubs down a fairly obvious NPL/NL1 line into pool A and pool B with Valo and Lakes being pushed into pool B as well.

A few of the competitive NL1 teams should feel rightfully aggrieved that they are in pool B whilst NPL “B squads” are in pool A.

Very little positive to say.
    Especially when said NL1 teams easily beat those NPL squads.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Especially when said NL1 teams easily beat those NPL squads.
    Yes i feel sorry for NL especially in 12's.I know they lost half their squad but the kids that are there are still really good and were cleaning up everyone in the 6 aside games.To have them in a lower tier and keep a couple of the NPL clubs in the top tier is a glaring mistake.

To myself, the scheduling just looks really lazily done. Only releasing 2 weeks, grouping clubs across age groups, keeping A & B squads together & not rewarding or punishing individual teams abilities is really poor.

Blatantly proves the LMRFF 5 & 6 a side grading reason was a lie.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Seems 9/10 people here have children in the 12s. I was always told that SAP was all about development. It appears the only Clubs NOT running A and B teams is magic and olympic and I get the whole idea that that they have the best kids (not taking away from the coaches as ive watched them too for my own interest)but why is my club and every other splitting teams to keep up because If they arent split the comp is even.

You can forget all the chat about parents winning and poor coaching as it is being promoted and managed by the clubs. Prove me wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    Seems 9/10 people here have children in the 12s. I was always told that SAP was all about development. It appears the only Clubs NOT running A and B teams is magic and olympic and I get the whole idea that that they have the best kids (not taking away from the coaches as ive watched them too for my own interest)but why is my club and every other splitting teams to keep up because If they arent split the comp is even.

You can forget all the chat about parents winning and poor coaching as it is being promoted and managed by the clubs. Prove me wrong?
    Talking to some parents at one club who have one team that has performed better than the other the answer can sometimes be fairly simple.
    They had one team of kids that have been together since year 1 and 2. They are comfortable, play well and have developed really well. The other team is made up of mostly new kids and has yet to gel.The parents are hopeful that once they gel as a team they will become just as good as the other team.I can understand not wanting to break up kids that have come this far together.There is probably different situations at other clubs but thats at least one reason why there is a gap in performance at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Talking to some parents at one club who have one team that has performed better than the other the answer can sometimes be fairly simple.
    They had one team of kids that have been together since year 1 and 2. They are comfortable, play well and have developed really well. The other team is made up of mostly new kids and has yet to gel.The parents are hopeful that once they gel as a team they will become just as good as the other team.I can understand not wanting to break up kids that have come this far together.There is probably different situations at other clubs but thats at least one reason why there is a gap in performance at the moment.
    This is the same situation at my sons club, the club has made an effort to have 2 even teams across all ages. Some teams have gelled quicker than others but I'm confident in the coming weeks they will even out.

As far as grading of the competition goes, I don't think we where ever going to get a good result whether NNSW used the last few weeks results or not, grading for the season was never going to be accurate from fast 5/6's results. Hopefully NNSW will use the performances from phase 2 to help form a more even phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post

Grading squads is about developing kids, when kids with equivalent skill levels train together, coaches can plan training sessions to their skill levels and build upon them.

Having a lopsided squad just to get an even result on game day does nothing for the weaker players as the stronger players dominate and the weaker players see the ball far less. It’s the same on training days, do coaches coach to the weakest player or strongest player ? Either way it’s to the detriment of one or the other. Grading squads goes a long way to evening this out and better development, it’s not about winning on game day in JDL it’s the best way to develop kids of all levels.

Grade squads and graded competition will ultimately end up with better football development, happier kids and a stronger football base for the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    Grading squads is about developing kids, when kids with equivalent skill levels train together, coaches can plan training sessions to their skill levels and build upon them.

Having a lopsided squad just to get an even result on game day does nothing for the weaker players as the stronger players dominate and the weaker players see the ball far less. It’s the same on training days, do coaches coach to the weakest player or strongest player ? Either way it’s to the detriment of one or the other. Grading squads goes a long way to evening this out and better development, it’s not about winning on game day in JDL it’s the best way to develop kids of all levels.

Grade squads and graded competition will ultimately end up with better football development, happier kids and a stronger football base for the region.
    Completely disagree with all of this. Statistics show that a high percentage of elite footballers come from non elite football streams with a high number coming from country areas. In most cases your kid will develop better in a non-graded team, have more touches etc etc. Graded teams are just for trophy hunters and parents social media pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Completely disagree with all of this. Statistics show that a high percentage of elite footballers come from non elite football streams with a high number coming from country areas. In most cases your kid will develop better in a non-graded team, have more touches etc etc. Graded teams are just for trophy hunters and parents social media pages.
    Love your statistics post a link with them if you can, your name suits this comment. Tell all the professionals that come through academies that. There are no trophy’s in JDL and most of the most talented footballers I’ve seen in the local JDL have very modest parents who’s kids sports don’t make the social media pages ..

both of you are wrong.

Some kids need to work with kids at their level to feel comfortable to develop in their own time. Other kids need to find the best and play with and against them as that's how they develop - Win or not, score goals or not.

Every player and child is different. The trick is knowing your own child and coaches understanding what drives one kid might paralyse another and another kid might be completely bored unless they are up against it. The reason why private academies are popular is because all kids are different and sometimes it really doesn't matter where you are playing JDL some kids will want more of a challenge and small group training often provides the extra on top.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    both of you are wrong.

Some kids need to work with kids at their level to feel comfortable to develop in their own time. Other kids need to find the best and play with and against them as that's how they develop - Win or not, score goals or not.

Every player and child is different. The trick is knowing your own child and coaches understanding what drives one kid might paralyse another and another kid might be completely bored unless they are up against it. The reason why private academies are popular is because all kids are different and sometimes it really doesn't matter where you are playing JDL some kids will want more of a challenge and small group training often provides the extra on top.
    I agree with what you’re saying. I just think with grading it’s not always about the best players it’s as a coaching team identifying which boys will work beat together from a range of aspects as you mention above , along with skill, attitude etc etc ..

Private academies are popular and in a lot of cases needed for local football development. There are many to chose from offering different styles and options to suit kids of all levels

Grahame Law soccer
    Jobe Wheelhouse
    Clayton Zane
    Perry Melon
    And Gary Van Egmont is the latest one I’ve heard of all offering different options to the kids

It’s not about the trophies or social media status as some like to claim but it’s more opening options for those who chose to take them up. I assume that heir aim is to reach their own full potential whatever grade or level that maybe.

I’m tired of reading people trying to be negative and constantly pull people and or clubs down for trying to better themselves.

If you really want development you have to think outside this little bubble that’s NNSW JDL, whether teams are graded or not.
    The jets decision to step into Sydney is a start but young players need to be exposed to constant statewide and nationwide tournaments to see what level is out there.
    European teams obviously have an advantage geographically but we can only work with what we have.
    Kanga cup is a good mid year competition open to all teams but there needs to be more. Only then will players really get tested and improve.

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    If you really want development you have to think outside this little bubble that’s NNSW JDL, whether teams are graded or not.
    The jets decision to step into Sydney is a start but young players need to be exposed to constant statewide and nationwide tournaments to see what level is out there.
    European teams obviously have an advantage geographically but we can only work with what we have.
    Kanga cup is a good mid year competition open to all teams but there needs to be more. Only then will players really get tested and improve.
    Do Jets have 9-12 teams playing in Sydney? Understand and agree with what you’re saying for 12+.

The debate around competition for 9-12 largely revolves around the temptation vs discipline. At some point they need to start learning how to win games they shouldn’t and how to avoid losing games they should win and that’s not skills you can teach at training, it’s more mental and maybe a little tactical. But too much of that, can degrade development.
    I use long ball as an example. Long ball seems to be a dirty phrase and associated with poor teams. If you teach your teams long ball tactics, it might work occasionally but you’ll get found out and your players won’t have the skills through midfield to nullify other teams. However if your teams only used to the skills battle of passing the ball around (like most JDL game plans I imagine - good habits), pressing high, you can be very easily undone
    By a team that bypasses your midfield and turns it into a foot race between attacker and defender.
    Playing for results too early, encourages the “just win” mindset and you lose those skills that are much more beneficial later on like
    First touch under pressure or one touch play.
    The converse is that if there’s no results for too long, you can sometimes lose that edge. Not always. But sometimes. The ability to shut out games, or to push for winners etc.

From what I’ve read here, it seems like a good balance atm. Maybe 12s could record score but no tables, but then again, kids know the score.
    Idk.

Private academies are popular and in a lot of cases needed for local football development. There are many to chose from offering different styles and options to suit kids of all levels

Grahame Law soccer
    Jobe Wheelhouse
    Clayton Zane
    Perry Melon
    And Gary Van Egmont is the latest one I’ve heard of all offering different options to the kids

Ive been told Gary Van Egmond clinic is by invitation only

To top it all off there are TSP trials next week for the 12s, 9v9. So what was the point of the last 3 weeks? Every week was long lines at the canteen, ridiculous parking, kids getting hurt and parents growing in frustration with the entire JDL set up. If it was suppose to be talent ID and grading what did they get out of it ? Obviously nothing if they’re still holding trials for kids the clubs put forward.
    Wonder if the 10s and 11s will have trials?

When are the 12s on? be good to have a look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Well our first game is done and dusted. Won't mention the score, but will mention that the teams were mismatched.
    Not fun, nor beneficial, for the losing side, not very good for the winning sides development.

How was your experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Wonder if the 10s and 11s will have trials?

When are the 12s on? be good to have a look.
    A week Monday I’m told. Looking at some massive numbers attending, typical northern.
    Last edited by Arsenal222; 18-04-2021 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    Well our first game is done and dusted. Won't mention the score, but will mention that the teams were mismatched.
    Not fun, nor beneficial, for the losing side, not very good for the winning sides development.

How was your experience?
    It’s obvious the grading from the fast5s worked well, lopsided and a waste of a day.

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post

How was your experience?
    May we know the teams involved?

Thoughts on the smaller field?

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    May we know the teams involved?

Thoughts on the smaller field?
    NLFC Under 10 Navy v Toronto Awaba

I assumed the smaller field was just for U09s and they hadn't changed it, is that not the case? TBH it didn't make that much difference, there was still enough space when required. I'll be in a better position to judge it if/when we come up against a stronger opposition.