Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

2021 Premier Club SAP

discussion here

Should this thread title be changed to 2021 JDL or Junior Development Leagues in line with the NNSWF name change?
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

I see Central Coast United announcing Trials for Junior Development League with NNSW for this season for both the boys and girls comps.

Quote Originally Posted by sideline88 View Post
    I see Central Coast United announcing Trials for Junior Development League with NNSW for this season for both the boys and girls comps.
    https://www.ccutd.com/jdl-boys

Merewether WPL are still looking for a few girls for their under 11 JDL, and a goalkeeper. Great bunch of girls all come together as a new team end of last year so lots of friendly new faces. training is 5pm - 6pm Mon, Tue, Thur. Some girls come all three nights some can only make it two, they are all having a great time and learning lots.

Northern NSW Football has determined to conduct a series of 6 v 6 games on the small sided courts at its headquarters at the Lake Macquarie Regional Football Facility, Speers Point for the first 3 rounds of the competition starting in mid March.

Northern NSW Football has stated that:
    • Each team will play a minimum of 2 matches per weekend, meaning a total of 6 matches over 3 weekends.
    • Matches will be 2 x 15min halves.
    • Ideally teams will play their two matches back-to-back to avoid parents having to stay around the facility for several hours.
    • Matches will be scheduled on Saturday and Sunday; however, teams will only be scheduled to play on either Saturday or Sunday on each weekend.
    • Matches will be played under Football Fives rules, which will be distributed closer to the start of the season.
    • Northern NSW Technical staff will be in attendance at all JDL Fives days.
    • Fixtures for rounds 1-3 will be released by 26th February.

Under 11s and Under 12 specifics:
    • Further to the above, given the potential size of squads for these age groups –matches will be 6-a-side (6 players each on the field at any time).
    • For clubs with 13 or 14 registered players (on PlayFootball) in the under 11s or under 12s, there is an opportunity to split each JDL team into 2 Fives teams to ensure players are getting adequate match time throughout the 3 week period. These teams can be rotated and changed on a game by game basis, there will be no restrictive rules on who can play for each team, other than noting that teams may play at the same time so must be self sufficient.
    over 6 games or 12 half games to satisfy appropriate playing time for all players.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    For clubs with 13 or 14 registered players (on PlayFootball) in the under 11s or under 12s, there is an opportunity to split each JDL team into 2 Fives teams to ensure players are getting adequate match time throughout the 3 week period.

Clubs who have taken 14 players for a 9 a side team have got to look at themselves. Fancy having 5 substitutes for an hour match.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Clubs who have taken 14 players for a 9 a side team have got to look at themselves. Fancy having 5 substitutes for an hour match.
    100% agree. But it happens. clubs out there with way too many players, yet even up to this week others are still reaching out trying to fill teams.

I do not see the point at all of the above.

The fields aren't big enough for 6v6
    I have no idea what the driving force behind this is except to maybe make it easier for the NNSWF staff to see the players.
    Small sided 5v5 or 6v6 is not going to be a true reflection on how some players actually perform in real games.
    Using the small sided games to determine how teams are allocated into the appropriate competition level is a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I do not see the point at all of the above.

The fields aren't big enough for 6v6
    I have no idea what the driving force behind this is except to maybe make it easier for the NNSWF staff to see the players.
    Small sided 5v5 or 6v6 is not going to be a true reflection on how some players actually perform in real games.
    Using the small sided games to determine how teams are allocated into the appropriate competition level is a farce.
    Ridiculous. Therell be no one watching. nnsw want 3 weeks of rent or are just pretending that they are doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Ridiculous. Therell be no one watching. nnsw want 3 weeks of rent or are just pretending that they are doing something.
    Revenue raising exercise. They haven’t even got a Technical Director have they? No one replaced Clacka after his short stay!!!!!

It's not clear to me whether clubs will be charged for this exercise, so I'm not sure revenue raising is the reason... But, it's also not clear what the motivation is here.

It's obvious to most people I've spoken to that this will not satisfactorily produce the stated outcome so why do it? It's not much better than just asking clubs to grade their own teams

I don't understand why they can't run essentially the same format but on the bigger fields with the correct number of players? What's the benefit to them to run it in the cages? It's not like grading teams gets easier in the cages.. is it?

I agree grading will make for a better development environment - but I just don't see their process working.

Looking forward to the season though.

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    I don't understand why they can't run essentially the same format but on the bigger fields with the correct number of players? What's the benefit to them to run it in the cages? It's not like grading teams gets easier in the cages.. is it?
    The only reason I can see is that they can get 8 games going at once and not 4.

I agree grading will make for a better development environment - but I just don't see their process working.
    They started off well with clubs to record their scores so that Northern can grade them properly but give it 8 weeks under normal conditions

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    It's not clear to me whether clubs will be charged for this exercise, so I'm not sure revenue raising is the reason... But, it's also not clear what the motivation is here.

It's obvious to most people I've spoken to that this will not satisfactorily produce the stated outcome so why do it? It's not much better than just asking clubs to grade their own teams

Looking forward to the season though.
    just poll the coaches especially in 11s and 12s. They will all know straight away who the strongest clubs are. would have been solved in 5mins.
    its been clear from the start the better teams dont want to be winning 30 nil every week. the teams getting beat 30 nil every week dont want their kids getting flogged.
    the stronger teams will want to be in the top division, the ones needing more development will want to be separated.
    this 5 a side idea solves nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    just poll the coaches especially in 11s and 12s. They will all know straight away who the strongest clubs are. would have been solved in 5mins.
    its been clear from the start the better teams dont want to be winning 30 nil every week. the teams getting beat 30 nil every week dont want their kids getting flogged.
    the stronger teams will want to be in the top division, the ones needing more development will want to be separated.
    Wasn't it stated last season that its all about forcing the kids to get more touches on the ball and be involved? NSW Football did an audit and found kids were getting minimal touches on the bigger pitches?
    Maybe the idea is that the kids cant hide or be bypassed when locked into a small area. You may find the stronger teams aren't as free flowing once a new set of skills is needed and weaker kids occupying space.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    Wasn't it stated last season that its all about forcing the kids to get more touches on the ball and be involved? NSW Football did an audit and found kids were getting minimal touches on the bigger pitches?
    Maybe the idea is that the kids cant hide or be bypassed when locked into a small area. You may find the stronger teams aren't as free flowing once a new set of skills is needed and weaker kids occupying space.
    Not sure of the report you are referring to, so theres no way ill disagree.It can be looked at two ways. the smaller pitch can mean that bigger stronger faster kids just end up in an under 5's style cluster of kids competing for the ball.
    One thing from watching kids go from 9's go through to the now 12's age group, is that the better teams (and therefore coaches) teach the kids how to use the space on the park, how to drag defenders to open channels and how to still be involved and contributing when they dont have the ball.Thats a really big skill for the kids and its often overlooked.The better teams in the older age groups are all playing through and around teams with the ball. players are working off the ball to create space for others and there is definitely a level of football IQ being introduced to the kids.
    Any teams in those age groups booting long balls and hoping for the best are getting found out. Thats why i dont think the small side games give a good representation of the 11s and 12s when its just to grade the kids for a totally different format.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    But just to clarify I totally agree on your point here.The very best kids in the program will thrive in any format.But there are kids who's game and skills are better suited to a bigger field.The one folly in the program has always been trying to use the cirriculum to produce just one type of player.teams need a variety of talents,and most teams in the program have a pretty good balance.The better coaches seem to have taken the strengths of the kids they have and highlighted the good and worked on the bad.

Because that's not what junior development is about. there is NO point going to a bigger field if you can only control the ball with your first touch 50% of the time. If you don't have those 4 core skills nailed (1v1, first touch, passing / striking the ball, and running with the ball) then you will only fall further and further behind. Because they just don't have the time in NPL to go back and teach you ball control, when the ball is kicked from the goal keeper and you consistently can't get it under control. Forget about the type of player, forget about the team. Even if a team is winning 10 nil, it doesn't mean they are nailing those skills, and it will only become really apparent when all of a sudden they play with a different team, or they want to move up a division and play with better kids. Junior development is not about the GAME. that's what the game training phase is for, but they can't teach that phase properly if the kids aren't drilled until their eyes bleed in those four core skills.

The best advice I'd give any parent going into any development program now is to forget about what everyone else is doing and just make sure your player nails those 4 core skills, kids that have poor first touch will fall away from the higher divisions as they get older and the kids that have it nailed are moving onto more advanced game training.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Hi guys. Happy new year to you all.

At the end of last season we were asked to submit results from our games to Northern as these were to be used to grade the teams this season. So, this 5 v 5 comp shouldn’t be necessary.

Some may say that teams may have changed since then, and while this is true, I believe teams will largely be similar in strength. A 5 a side comp isn’t going to tell anyway anything different than they already know.

If anyone from Northern reads these forums, could you come on and explain the reasons/benefits of this change in format? The memos sent out only advise of the change without any explanation for it.

A

Maitland WPL U/13’s is chasing a goal keeper for the upcoming season. If anyone knows of someone who might be interested get them to contact me on 0421646037

Cheers Cal