Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    One of the benefits of the new system I suppose, more clubs getting will get recognition for developing players. Hopefully it shows that you don't have to go to a successful senior NPL club to make the grade and will ensure more even distribution of talent as time goes on.

I'm looking forward to next year to see how the 13's NPL pans out & how the 13's jets perform after being developed through the club SAP instead of the association SAP as one of the criticisms in the past has been that it doesn't develop the kids at the top enough due to dilution of the best players.
    Its worth taking into account that for the boys in the jets, they are playing in the same division in football in Sydney that teams at the bottom end of the NPL comp in Newcastle were having competitive trial games against pre-season. It makes me wonder if the Jets Youth system is going to develop much of anything over the next few years, they aren't even playing against other a-league academies next season. I think the youth system at the jets is a write off for the next few years and it will be interesting to see how competitive they are against the NPL teams that are dropped down a division as of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Its worth taking into account that for the boys in the jets, they are playing in the same division in football in Sydney that teams at the bottom end of the NPL comp in Newcastle were having competitive trial games against pre-season. It makes me wonder if the Jets Youth system is going to develop much of anything over the next few years, they aren't even playing against other a-league academies next season. I think the youth system at the jets is a write off for the next few years and it will be interesting to see how competitive they are against the NPL teams that are dropped down a division as of next season.
    At least there is promotion for them. There were many games where all teams were scoring double figures. If they are able to get promoted it will help them out

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    At least there is promotion for them. There were many games where all teams were scoring double figures. If they are able to get promoted it will help them out
    This year the youth were promoted for 2nd round based on 1st round results. Not sure if this holds over to next year.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    This year the youth were promoted for 2nd round based on 1st round results. Not sure if this holds over to next year.
    Semantics, but it wasn’t promotion they hit split the division into two - the top teams and the bottom teams seperated. There’s a whole division of 18+ teams above where they currently play that they have no contact with. They are the best of the best in NSW.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Semantics, but it wasn’t promotion they hit split the division into two - the top teams and the bottom teams seperated. There’s a whole division of 18+ teams above where they currently play that they have no contact with. They are the best of the best in NSW.
    What's your point? What are they supposed to do? COVID derailed the plans to promote quickly to the appropriate level but it will happen eventually.

At the end of the day we have about 12% the population of Sydney. The Jets youth will find their level bouncing between NPL 1 & 2. Even if next years Jets 13's are in NPL 4 they should hit NPL 2 at least before 16's or 18's where the best of the best kids should be getting the game experience they need.
    Last edited by Aegon; 23-09-2021 at 07:57 PM.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

What's your point? What are they supposed to do? COVID derailed the plans to promote quickly to the appropriate level but it will happen eventually.

At the end of the day we have about 12% the population of Sydney. The Jets youth will find their level bouncing between NPL 1 & 2. Even if next years Jets 13's are in NPL 4 they should hit NPL 2 at least before 16's or 18's where the best of the best kids should be getting the game experience they need.
    Jets 13s are in NPL2 as well, all of them are.

FNSW had NPL 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 2.2 Jets were in 2.1 and dominating all games except for the 15s which at times only just managed to win. All of NPL 1.1 and top half of 1.2 are in NPL1 now. Bottom half of 1.2 and top half of 2.1 are in NPL2 and the rest are in NPL3.

Jets are this year only in NPL2 because they were put in 2.1 and weren't allowed to move out of there. Now they have promotion and relegation Jets have a good chance of moving up to NP1 they will still dominate half of NPL2 but will be interesting to see how they go against these clubs coming from 1.2 and could very well get promoted. U13s aren't counted towards the club championship for promotion

If you don't get my point I don't think I can help you. If you are only getting the "best" at 16 or 18 then that's a lot of cash to pay out waiting to hit 16 if you are even still in the squad by then. its 3k a season now isn't it? Lots of them are jumping to the mariners when they figure it out...

It could be argued that there are a bunch of jets kids sacrificing their own development for future generations of jets players especially as this will be their 3rd year in the bottom division because of covid

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    It could be argued that there are a bunch of jets kids sacrificing their own development for future generations of jets players especially as this will be their 3rd year in the bottom division because of covid
    They will be in the second division next year

They will be in the second division next year
    They were in 2nd division this year, they may get to play the teams that struggle in the top div if FNSW don’t succumb to the pressure from those relegated clubs.
    Seniors will still play NPL4

Banned
    They were in 2nd division this year, they may get to play the teams that struggle in the top div if FNSW don’t succumb to the pressure from those relegated clubs.
    3 years of no movement. NSWF is just as cancerous as nnswf.

Not really they were in 2.1 there was 1.1 and 1.2 above them

Not really they were in 2.1 there was 1.1 and 1.2 above them
    No they were in NPL2, they had NPL1 above them, 24 teams. At the start of the season they just had to come top2 and be promoted but half way through the year FNSW changed the rules again so now they just get to play the 8 strugglers from the top24 sides. The seniors stay in NPL4.
    It will be season 4 before they even have a chance to play the other A league academy’s and if you factor in the NPL life of the average kid, there are a lot who sacrificed their best years for future kids at 2 - 3 grand a year.
    That was the point I was getting at

No they were in NPL2, they had NPL1 above them, 24 teams. At the start of the season they just had to come top2 and be promoted but half way through the year FNSW changed the rules again so now they just get to play the 8 strugglers from the top24 sides. The seniors stay in NPL4.
    It will be season 4 before they even have a chance to play the other A league academy’s and if you factor in the NPL life of the average kid, there are a lot who sacrificed their best years for future kids at 2 - 3 grand a year.
    That was the point I was getting at
    It was really the third tier. Just like League 1 isn't the top league in England

Banned
    It was really the third tier. Just like League 1 isn't the top league in England
    I think it's a good improvement.

If they can start there and jump another it puts them into the right company soon enough.

Geez ,
    this thread is getting boring again LOL
    Bring back some club talk , fights , arguments etc.

I’m hearing the Jets youth are changing their name to Newcastle Magic, they have selected so many from Magic over the years LOL.
    All jokes aside they should be proud that so many get picked up, shows they are doing things correctly. Credit where credit is due.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    I’m hearing the Jets youth are changing their name to Newcastle Magic, they have selected so many from Magic over the years LOL.
    All jokes aside they should be proud that so many get picked up, shows they are doing things correctly. Credit where credit is due.
    23 players from Magic have transitioned to the Jets in the last 3 years... Premier Youth Development Club!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    Not wrong but there’s a couple of clubs this year that have supplied the bulk

In the 13s
    Magic x 5-6
    Olympic x 4
    Maitland x 4
    Valo x 2

Doesn’t say much for the development programs at other clubs nothing from Jaffas , Edgy, Weston, Charlestown

Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    Not wrong but there’s a couple of clubs this year that have supplied the bulk

In the 13s
    Magic x 5-6
    Olympic x 4
    Maitland x 4
    Valo x 2

Doesn’t say much for the development programs at other clubs nothing from Jaffas , Edgy, Weston, Charlestown
    Yes, if the clubs mentioned continually don’t have players progress to the Jets.

It cannot be based solely off the first year of the program where clubs have had control over development.

Charlestown, Edgy & Jaffa’s are all stronger in this years 11’s than this years 12’s so it will be interesting to see if the numbers are consistent at the end of next year.

Hopefully as the program progresses more parents will see that they don’t need to go to the strong NPL clubs to see their kids progress.
    Last edited by Aegon; 27-09-2021 at 04:15 PM.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin