Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Sound like Tragic

I bet ya a middy we all no the coach.

Lad at the local club has the choice next year between Playing U12 JDL or U13 NPL. Has played up an age before which was well suited but not this year.
    Physical attributes no problem, skill level fine, and quick.
    Current club wont do it but another club will. He's seems happy enough where he is but is busting at the bit to get to the big field and pts.

Is there any benefit to jump early into 13s?

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Lad at the local club has the choice next year between Playing U12 JDL or U13 NPL. Has played up an age before which was well suited but not this year.
    Current club wont do it but another club will. He's seems happy enough where he is but is busting at the bit to get to the big field and pts.

In my opinion it’s completely dependent on the individual.
    Are they completely dominating 11’s?
    Are they physically more advanced than most other kids?
    What advantage will they get from playing up and age?
    Would they benefit from another year of no results, meaning they may have a bit more creative flexibility?
    They’ll need to understand they’ll get less touches per game as well.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Where ever the better coaching and environment is, thats where id play him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    In my opinion it’s completely dependent on the individual.
    Are they completely dominating 11’s?
    Are they physically more advanced than most other kids?
    What advantage will they get from playing up and age?
    Would they benefit from another year of no results, meaning they may have a bit more creative flexibility?
    They’ll need to understand they’ll get less touches per game as well.
    Good points. That last one is very true. Wondering myself if its beneficial. Its not a huge thing just an option to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Where ever the better coaching and environment is, thats where id play him.
    Very fair point. not sure at this stage

I’d say play NPL, if his skills are good and it’s a mid/top NPL club with good rep.
    If he looks out of place or JDL is easy for him, play up.
    JDL seems great for development and affording players conditions to improve their fundamentals, but once that’s under control, there’s a lot to learn from playing NPL. An extra year with NPL coaching (assumed good quality), competitive games, longer games, tactical awareness, comradery that develops as a result of playing for points.
    If the NPL club has a good rep and he’s not gonna be benched all the time, should consider it.

Depends which club it is, is it a strong club that will help challenge or develop him or is it a weak club looking for some good players that may not help him out. If it is the former certainly do it if latter leave him where he is if it too is at a good club. If at a good club you might mention that he is going to play U13s at another club and they might then push him up, that's what a U12s TSP player did at their current club.

Ok so he stands out in JDL? Will he stand out in the 13s NPL team or just make up the numbers? I know plenty of JDL kids that can jump to a 13s NPL team and be just another player or even some that would walk into the lower 13s teams. Some JDL teams even beat the lower 13s NPL teams. Lots of the bottom clubs will offer younger talents spots in NPL over JDL 12s just to lure them over and parents think it’s a huge achievement. Like others said if it’s at a top club yes, bottom club then you will end up regretting it. Seen it happen in older ages and won’t be much different in younger ages.
    Is it the kid that can’t wait for the points table or the dad? 👀

What are the stand out benefits for playing at 13's early?

My young lad (in this years 11's) was spoken to about playing for his local club's 13's team next year.
    I couldn't think of any justification for him doing so, he's not the biggest lad but he's strong technically.
    He currently has an excellent coach and looks forward to every training session and game.
    My opinion is that he will benefit from another 12 months of technical & physical development.

By taking that extra step up to NPL 13's competition there is pressure on to win games that in some cases may stifle the opportunity to try new things and risk them going wrong in a game situation, there is also the risk of less playing time (bigger squads) & less time with the ball.

I'd also heard on the grapevine that several of the boys in this years 12's TSP playing 13's NPL seemed to be less technically proficient than their 12's JDL counterparts.

I may be missing something, but I am not in a rush to get him up the age groups as I think this stage of learning the game is essential.
    Last edited by Aegon; 12-07-2021 at 12:25 PM.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    What are the stand out benefits for playing at 13's early?

My young lad (in this years 11's) was spoken to about playing for his local club's 13's team next year.
    I couldn't think of any justification for him doing so, he's not the biggest lad but he's strong technically.
    He currently has an excellent coach and looks forward to every training session and game.
    My opinion is that he will benefit from another 12 months of technical & physical development.

By taking that extra step up to NPL 13's competition there is pressure on to win games that in some cases may stifle the opportunity to try new things and risk them going wrong in a game situation, there is also the risk of less playing time (bigger squads) & less time with the ball.

I'd also heard on the grapevine that several of the boys in this years 12's TSP playing 13's NPL seemed to be less technically proficient than their 12's JDL counterparts.

I may be missing something, but I am not in a rush to get him up the age groups as I think this stage of learning the game is essential.

It’s pretty simple let’s not over complicate it.

If the kid is ready then he’s ready regardless of age.

There are 12s playing 13s this year and are killing it, it’s been great for them. There are also some who weren’t ready and are struggling.

The TSP shouldn’t be used as a reference, there are some there that absolutely should be playing NPL, there are some who aren’t ready yet and there are some who shouldn’t be in the TSP program at all.

If they’re dominating their own age group and are physically ready then playing up an age won’t be an issue. There’s a boy playing up in 12s JDL now who is killing it and is one of the best players in the 12s JDL, if he played in the 12s again next year he would be bored, not challenged at all and would destroy other teams come game day, no one wins.

It’s all about the individual and if they’re ready.. let’s not try and do the one size fits all approach, you’ll only stifle the progress.
    Last edited by Isthisforreal; 12-07-2021 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    It’s pretty simple let’s not over complicate it.

If the kid is ready then he’s ready regardless of age.

There are 12s playing 13s this year and are killing it, it’s been great for them. There are also some who weren’t ready and are struggling.

The TSP shouldn’t be used as a reference, there are some there that absolutely should be playing NPL, there are some who aren’t ready yet and there are some who shouldn’t be in the TSP program at all.

If they’re dominating their own age group and are physically ready then playing up an age won’t be an issue. There’s a boy playing up in 12s JDL now who is killing it and is one of the best players in the 12s JDL, if he played in the 12s again next year he would be bored, not challenged at all and would destroy other teams come game day, no one wins.

It’s all about the individual and if they’re ready.. let’s not try and do the one size fits all approach, you’ll only stifle the progress.
    I saw 1 lad coast through 12s this year. Seemed like a lost year. IMO he would have easily been more challenged learning the craft of on a larger field in 13s this year. Seeing him is what bought this up to the other kid.

It's not a big deal but a good discussion point at this age group. If 12s were played on a bigger field i think there'd be less need to go anywhere.

Mentioning TSP, many who played up this went into this. Wonder if they would choose the same if everyone stayed 12s.

I bet you don’t know who it is !
    But he is leaving to join his under the bus TD has announced it already !

Quote Originally Posted by SAP SUPER COACH View Post
    I bet you don’t know who it is !
    But he is leaving to join his under the bus TD has announced it already !
    Someone who liked the last TD. hmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Someone who liked the last TD. hmmm
    Unfortunately this sounds messy.

Politics, egos & agendas getting in the way of development of the kids.

What is the bet that players want to follow the coach or TD? It'll probably result in some changes to the JDL landscape.

Coach has been advised by new club that can’t take kids as there is an agreement.
    I’m also told the TD had no relationship with players or parents so why would they follow Makes no sense.
    Which way do you run in a storm ?

Coach has been advised by new club that can’t take kids as there is an agreement.
    I’m also told the TD had no relationship with players or parents so why would they follow Makes no sense.
    Would be a "can't offer kids spots before trials", if he has a great player the TD isn't going to say no just not allow the coach to say he has a spot first.

New club sounds like it has some integrity. BUT, if the parents want to follow it's hard to knock back the better ones.

And as Aegon said, pity this has to happen in kids football. Theyll still all play each other regardless of colours.

What is the current ruling of clubs offering spots already to current JDL players from different clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    What is the current ruling of clubs offering spots already to current JDL players from different clubs?
    Ruling? There is no ruling, parents will take kids to whichever club they want and not much you can do to stop them.
    On the other matter you guys make a big deal out of the smallest crap. So what a coach left a club 😱 its football that’s what happens regularly, stop making a big deal out of it. Players and coaches will swap teams it’s not a big drama, stop trying to create one because you guys are bored and need something to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    Ruling? There is no ruling, parents will take kids to whichever club they want and not much you can do to stop them.
    On the other matter you guys make a big deal out of the smallest crap. So what a coach left a club �� its football that’s what happens regularly, stop making a big deal out of it. Players and coaches will swap teams it’s not a big drama, stop trying to create one because you guys are bored and need something to talk about.
    I really don't care if players swap clubs etc as it happens everywhere. I was generally asking as i have heard there is a certain date that clubs can only offer players outside there club a spot in there JDL program if that said player is currently playing for another JDL club.