Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Banned
    Actually the old system was as bad and political including parent punch ons in juniors but what was really missing back then is the tech media where people can argue or discuss with each other 24/7 like today.

On another note I think 24 to 28 clubs per age is too many for 1 comp.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    My mates kid isnt allowed to trial/meet with other clubs even though he hasnt been given a spot. They are still considering picking him (unless they find someone better) and seem to be hinting that if he does meet/trial with anyone else then hes no chance to stay.
    Just trial anyway. Any club holding you to ransom isnt the way to go imo.

Larger issues are fine to discuss but the individual name calling and club shaming (the majority of it by heresay) is out of line.
    Agree about names but alot isnt heresay. Be careful of dismissing fact. I think its the reaction that might need to be toned down.
    Last edited by Oldy; 26-08-2021 at 09:26 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Very interesting that todays memo from NNSWF has the JDL season continuing post lockdown.

Memo Link

Rounds 19-22 planned to be played from Sept 18/19 through to Oct 9/10.

There might be some awkward conversations & training sessions considering how many clubs have already released players or had players choose to leave.
    3 weeks away. Not a lot of time

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Are you serious? There was absolutely NONE of this rubbish in the old system, no club division no one rubbishing each other and in 12s they even had a ladder and it still wasn’t as competitive as this “new” system is, even state championships. The problem isn’t people from the previous system, let me tell you that now. None of what you are saying is actually remotely close to the truth. The system wasn’t changed because “the old system was worse” the system was changed purely to push more kids through - hence the level of development for a lot of kids has actually dropped. Anyone who’s had kids come through both versions will give you some hard truths about how much worse the new system is regarding the behaviours of both parents, kids and coaches.
    Year 1 meeting 1 (paraphrasing): We dont want clubs to develop kids from under 6's then lose them to so called elite training programs so we are introducing a new program to keep club juniors at clubs.I was there and heard it,they made no attempt to hide this point.
    Fast forward a few years,certain clubs are recommending their kids only do extra training with certain elite training programs outside of JDL.None of that is in the best interests of the kids and we both agree on that.They took away competition ladders and focused on the training rather than game play and winning.Fast forward a few years and clubs have abandoned that in the pursuit if winning.I hate that, we both agree on that.Behaviour of kids/coaches and parents is worse.Well there are more of all 3 groups and I will never disagree with it.We agree on this too.But dont pretend like it was never an issue back then.Again,I think NNSW have dropped the ball here by not policing and disciplining offenders.They said they would,we agree they havent.Sheer number of kids means that more kids will be entering 13's better prepared.The first group is about to go through that.To comment on overall development is pointless because you dont actually have a sample size yet.So we are actually agreeing on more things than we disagree on.Im not here to tell you what is better,but i was there when they explained what they were doing,and ive now seen a full cycle of it unfold.Im definitely entitled to have an educated opinion on what ive seen.

Are you serious? There was absolutely NONE of this rubbish in the old system, no club division no one rubbishing each other and in 12s they even had a ladder and it still wasn’t as competitive as this “new” system is, even state championships. The problem isn’t people from the previous system, let me tell you that now. None of what you are saying is actually remotely close to the truth. The system wasn’t changed because “the old system was worse” the system was changed purely to push more kids through - hence the level of development for a lot of kids has actually dropped. Anyone who’s had kids come through both versions will give you some hard truths about how much worse the new system is regarding the behaviours of both parents, kids and coaches.

And no. Signing kids up at 9 then telling they aren’t allowed to leave for 4 years is ridiculous as well if my kid isn’t happy and wants to move or the some kids aren’t a good fit fit a club there is absolutely no reason they should have to keep them. Parents just need to get over their own egos and realise that kids develop differently and it won’t suit everyone. Nothing in life does.
    I didn’t say they weren’t allowed to leave. I said the club couldn’t kick them out to replace them with a gun from another club. If you choose to leave in that 4yrs that’s ok. The club can’t ‘cut’ you

Quote Originally Posted by Unhappygreek View Post
    Well it’s going to be very interesting as NNSW saying the last 4 games of JDL will be played. How will the grubby new TD who had no balls to call the kids himself and cut my son and others go about facing the kids and parents.Also the magic coach who plays Olympic twice how will he face the parents of kids He had a hand in cutting at olympic!
    OK some real talk

Mr Know it all on here said b4 that 2 hamilton kids got cut & 1 left. I’m guess out of over 20 kids

Y your kid get cut? U upset the new coach or something? Or & im sorry to ask weren’t yr kid good enough?

2/20 ain’t a lot. Maybe it just weren’t 2b for yr boy. Lots of other clubs out there tho 🤷🏽

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    3 weeks away. Not a lot of time
    Northern getting ahead of themselves again here if it’s anything like last time when we came out of lockdown community sport did not start for 2 to 3 weeks after that period to allow the community to readjust and then when it did start training was only allowed in small groups (Max: 5 persons) and only one parent allowed to spectate can’t see why any of that will change this time around.

My lad played community football until he was 12, spent a year in NPL and then got picked up by the jets. Never got picked in a sap team

It’s at least 6 kids that have been told that they don’t have spots next year after being told we would all be retained.it’s hard to find spots atm with covid not being able to trial anywhere.
    The thing that upsets all the parents iv spoken to is that the new TD didn’t have The balls to ring he got someone else to do it ,which shows a lot about his character 😡

It’s at least 6 kids that have been told that they don’t have spots next year after being told we would all be retained.it’s hard to find spots atm with covid not being able to trial anywhere.
    The thing that upsets all the parents iv spoken to is that the new TD didn’t have The balls to ring he got someone else to do it ,which shows a lot about his character ��
    I know a parent in that age group, they said 2 were cut, 2 went elsewhere. They said that the team was already 1-2 players short this year so that's why 6? (Idk about this number if it's right) were added to the team which outweighed the number cut/leaving

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    I know a parent in that age group, they said 2 were cut, 2 went elsewhere. They said that the team was already 1-2 players short this year so that's why 6? (Idk about this number if it's right) were added to the team which outweighed the number cut/leaving
    It's at least 6. We are all temporary

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    My lad played community football until he was 12, spent a year in NPL and then got picked up by the jets. Never got picked in a sap team
    And that is the way to do it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Avoids shenanigans.

And no. Signing kids up at 9 then telling they aren’t allowed to leave for 4 years is ridiculous as well if my kid isn’t happy and wants to move or the some kids aren’t a good fit fit a club there is absolutely no reason they should have to keep them. Parents just need to get over their own egos and realise that kids develop differently and it won’t suit everyone. Nothing in life does.
    He said clubs weren't allowed to cut them not that players weren't allowed to leave

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Anyway my kid is done and onto 13's next year so im hopeful the parents getting involved have as good an experience as mine.
    You'll have to start a new account with a new name

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    You'll have to start a new account with a new name

Well it’s going to be very interesting as NNSW saying the last 4 games of JDL will be played. How will the grubby new TD who had no balls to call the kids himself and cut my son and others go about facing the kids and parents.Also the magic coach who plays Olympic twice how will he face the parents of kids He had a hand in cutting at olympic!
    and please share with us all the dates of these clashes ...
    i would love to watch

Quote Originally Posted by JustHearThings View Post
    So wait......... Unhappygreek don't know what he talking about?

Sound like he might be UnhappyMaso pretending so that he can stirr that shit.

Ima gonna call on that right here right now.

Sucks when your kid gets cut, true.

Coming on a forum and putting someone on blast with half the story is a fast track to making sure your kid (well, moreso you) gets a 'too hard basket' rep going forward.

Yep, maybe he did do the wrong thing. Maybe he made the decision he thought was best in the moment, and cut your kid as early as possible (not really anyones fault that its during covid, makes it hard, but you cant stop and wait to make decisions if you're already sure of them)

I think this is a really good opportunity to teach a young player about resilience and versatility. Spending ones time blaming others, especially coaches or TDs who are often just people trying to make the right call as per their job description, idk to me it just instills a victim mentality in the kid from day dot.

Kids like that, when things dont go right its always the coaches fault for not playing me, the teammates fault for not passing me the ball etc - theyre a nightmare to coach in youth and senior ranks because theyve had it reinforced that anything negative that happens to them isn't their fault and they the best player in the side. Ends up with a kid who isn't strong enough to bounce back from adversity, to better themselves in training, and to learn to contribute to a team outcome. Combine a difficult parent with the above player personality type? No thanks.

I dont know whats happened in detail, and I dont think anyone on this board does either (or, moreso only giving select detail - both sides) but whats done is done. Dust yourself off, teach the kid about setbacks, hopefully light a fire under him to want more for his footballing life.

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Hell of a lot cheaper too.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!