Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    How’s everyone’s 5v5 and 6v6 experiences go? As expected lots of boys sitting on the bench as much as playing. The heat also threw a spanner in the works today with game cancellations.

Was I the only one who refused to spend money at the centre today out of spite?
    Arrived at 1230 for 1 & 140pm games and they'd called off the previous game. And within minutes learnt both our games also canned. Just devastating for kids who have already lost so much football in the last 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    Arrived at 1230 for 1 & 140pm games and they'd called off the previous game. And within minutes learnt both our games also canned. Just devastating for kids who have already lost so much football in the last 12 months.
    ok so rules must followed but, couldnt extra precautions can be added? Large insulated ice water buckets? 1 minute drinks breaks with water on head etc half way through 1st and 2nd half.

Apart from that, next 2 weeks could be doomed as well. March is usually a hot month
    Last edited by Jim; 13-03-2021 at 09:32 PM.

How’s everyone’s 5v5 and 6v6 experiences go? As expected lots of boys sitting on the bench as much as playing. The heat also threw a spanner in the works today with game cancellations.
    Hi Aegon,

We were at the facility yesterday and the conditions were very poor due to the rain. Sounds the exact opposite of the day before!

My observations were that the concept seems poorly conceived and does not add any real value. Our club receive a Memo this week which talked about the games giving players a chance to show off the 4 core skills of SAP but the games I watched were like grown men 5 a side games: lots of grunt, lots of long shot blasters, lots of subs!!

I did see Northern reps watching games so there was more officials milling around than on normal SAP weekends. I hope Northern get out of this what they need. I am just not sure what that is!! LOL

A

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hi Aegon,

We were at the facility yesterday and the conditions were very poor due to the rain. Sounds the exact opposite of the day before!

My observations were that the concept seems poorly conceived and does not add any real value. Our club receive a Memo this week which talked about the games giving players a chance to show off the 4 core skills of SAP but the games I watched were like grown men 5 a side games: lots of grunt, lots of long shot blasters, lots of subs!!

I did see Northern reps watching games so there was more officials milling around than on normal SAP weekends. I hope Northern get out of this what they need. I am just not sure what that is!! LOL

A
    It was definitely a very wet day down there yesterday for all involved. you mentioned that you seen a lot of subs? for us it was quiet the opposite, we played teams that had been divided into 2 separate teams which allowed almost every player to play full game. Between us and our opposition i think typically we had one player to sub players on and off per half which worked great.

Our young one did comment though that they cannot wait to play on a full field again so they can actually get a chance to actually run with the ball. lots of really quick ball and lots of pressure with the 6v6 format

All I can say about the 5v5 and 6v6 format is that it was scrappy.
    I caught pieces of Olympic v Maitland, Jaffa's v Maitland & Jaffa's vs Olympic as they were the games around us.

Lots of ball stuck against the wall and pushing and shoving to get it. Huge amounts of long shots & dribbling with less emphasis on passing.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

All I can say about the 5v5 and 6v6 format is that it was scrappy.
    I caught pieces of Olympic v Maitland, Jaffa's v Maitland & Jaffa's vs Olympic as they were the games around us.

Lots of ball stuck against the wall and pushing and shoving to get it. Huge amounts of long shots & dribbling with less emphasis on passing.
    The jaffas 12s need to get on the field quickly, looked ordinary on the small pitch and score lines reflected it.

Im currently looking for the best junior Tennis players so Im going to have a table Tennis tournament to make it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Im currently looking for the best junior Tennis players so Im going to have a table Tennis tournament to make it easier.
    🤣🤣🤣

Well said.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

I noticed Northern had a few officials watching today for the JDL at LMRFF
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

I noticed Northern had a few officials watching today for the JDL at LMRFF
    Who the Cleaner and the groundsman?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    Who the Cleaner and the groundsman?

those 2 plus some others identifying players. Some of these "scouts" are connected to npl clubs. not sure if that is a good idea or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

those 2 plus some others identifying players. Some of these "scouts" are connected to npl clubs. not sure if that is a good idea or not.
    A few clubs are moving away from open trials and starting to approach players when they are moving into NPL. I know a few clubs are starting to not want to run trials at all, will just invite players in to train. especially in the older age groups.

by the age of 12 plyers/parents and coaches know who the best kids are.if they think watching them at 6 a side is going to present anything new then they are idiots.contrary to this most of the gun kids ive watched for 3 years looked nothing special in those small courts and its doing them a diservice.everyone i know agrees who the best kids are, they will make Jets and the rest will follow the best coaches and programs into 13s which should be the way.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    by the age of 12 plyers/parents and coaches know who the best kids are.if they think watching them at 6 a side is going to present anything new then they are idiots.contrary to this most of the gun kids ive watched for 3 years looked nothing special in those small courts and its doing them a diservice.everyone i know agrees who the best kids are, they will make Jets and the rest will follow the best coaches and programs into 13s which should be the way.
    And then by 18, most of the kids you thought were outstanding are back in the pack and a new group of hard working late developing players are standing out. Football is the best

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    And then by 18, most of the kids you thought were outstanding are back in the pack and a new group of hard working late developing players are standing out. Football is the best
    exactly,which is why i hope clubs dont close off trials to kids outside the SAP program.

How many kids do the Jets select? 15 or 16?

If they follow similar selections as the TSP last year (too much effort to run this year apparently) then in 2022 this years U12 Olympic are going to lose at least 7, Magic maybe 4 & a sprinkling of players from other clubs. The numbers were very similar in this years U11's as well.

Each year, there's always a couple of kids who turn the jets down for one reason or another but that's a lot of big shoes to fill when moving to under 13's NPL.

I wonder if it disincentives some clubs in the future from talent hoarding as "winning" games in SAP may not have a long term benefit.

How many kids do the Jets select? 15 or 16?

If they follow similar selections as the TSP last year (too much effort to run this year apparently) then in 2022 this years U12 Olympic are going to lose at least 7, Magic maybe 4 & a sprinkling of players from other clubs. The numbers were very similar in this years U11's as well.

Each year, there's always a couple of kids who turn the jets down for one reason or another but that's a lot of big shoes to fill when moving to under 13's NPL.

I wonder if it disincentives some clubs in the future from talent hoarding as "winning" games in SAP may not have a long term benefit.

Think you'll find Magic will have way more than 4. Maitland has a couple as do Jaffas. Plus theres a few kids playing NPL 13's that may stay back next year if they get into the Jets.I dont think any one club will be ripped apart by kids going to the Jets and clubs should be proud to have their kids selected.The likes of Olympic and Magic will never struggle to get talented kids wanting to play there.

I’m only going off memory when it was discussed early last year. Apparently almost 1/2 Olympics 2021 under 12’s were selected with several of them in the age belows TSP.
    I know they wouldn’t struggle to fill their numbers but bringing in players of a similar standard would be almost impossible.

I’ll be very interested to see next years 13’s NPL results anyway to see what sort of an impact the new Club SAP has had vs the association SAP.

Has the program worked in creating a larger cross section of more highly skilled players or not?

I’m only going off memory when it was discussed early last year. Apparently almost 1/2 Olympics 2021 under 12’s were selected with several of them in the age belows TSP.
    I know they wouldn’t struggle to fill their numbers but bringing in players of a similar standard would be almost impossible.

I’ll be very interested to see next years 13’s NPL results anyway to see what sort of an impact the new Club SAP has had vs the association SAP.

Has the program worked in creating a larger cross section of more highly skilled players or not?
    It has had to improve more kids as more kids are being exposed to higher skilled training and game play.

I Feel there are more than 2 clubs dominating with the top kids now. So many clubs are taking JDL and NPl youth recruitment more seriously. Most recently look at Edgys npl youth results against Olympic on the weekend.