Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 670

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

  1. #481
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    13
    This thread is a great example of everything that is wrong with football. It has over twice the amount of posts than the next most active, with the most just been parents of children under 12 years old bickering amongst themselves...... What hope do the kids have if this is the football environment they are developing in. As someone that has had zero involvement in SAP/JDL or any of its other iterations, I truly hope this thread is not representative of its culture as a whole.

  2. #482
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    The inclusion of a regional gala day for each team (assuming per club) would mean 8-9 rounds in phase 3 + however many games on the gala day.

    Anything else outside of that will be a big surprise.
    We've been told there are 3 gala days that clubs must attend at least 1.Other than that we have had no further detail.
    One other thing thats not been discussed is the inclusion of new clubs this year like Central Coast and MNC.Speaking to coaches and players from both these clubs they are really impressed and happy their kids get this level of interaction.I think theyve held their own and ive seen a few players in the 12's that are as good as anyone in the program.With a few more years involvement i cant see them being anything other than some of the strongest teams in the program and thats great for these smaller regions.

  3. #483
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by ExWhistleMan View Post
    This thread is a great example of everything that is wrong with football. It has over twice the amount of posts than the next most active, with the most just been parents of children under 12 years old bickering amongst themselves...... What hope do the kids have if this is the football environment they are developing in. As someone that has had zero involvement in SAP/JDL or any of its other iterations, I truly hope this thread is not representative of its culture as a whole.
    Of course it has more posts, this is the only thread where the best will end up in Manchester and the not so good will have to go to Arsenal

  4. #484
    Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Of course it has more posts, this is the only thread where the best will end up in Manchester and the not so good will have to go to Arsenal
    Little Johnny is only playing for Barcelona, Real Madrid or Manchester City. Not sure where you got your information from but itís wrong 😇😝😝

  5. #485
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    Little Johnny is only playing for Barcelona, Real Madrid or Manchester City. Not sure where you got your information from but it’s wrong ������
    You're kids will be lucky to make it to NPL 14's unless you are the ones doing the coaching.

  6. #486
    Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    You're kids will be lucky to make it to NPL 14's unless you are the ones doing the coaching.
    I donít coach and theyíre already there 😂😂.

  7. #487
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Divided between the JWF clique and the non JWF families.
    Probably didn't help that the TD has banned Lambton players from attending JWF sessions

  8. #488
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    You're kids will be lucky to make it to NPL 14's unless you are the ones doing the coaching.
    Do parents as coaches still get their kid into these squads? or they are good enough anyway?

    Also i will challenge that IF, a lad is still only playing npl by 14s or 15s then sadly they arent going anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    people in general are that spineless that in public they just agree with the left loonies because if you dont you're automatically racist/homophobic/elitist etc.

  9. #489
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    187
    Another question as my only connection with youth here is a relo in Jets youth.

    We know that TDs heavily influence local rep sides now and reputations can be made and lost by this. Are they chosen on reality or do favourites sometimes get the nod. ive noticed some pretty handy players getting overlooked. Do we even care about TSP anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    people in general are that spineless that in public they just agree with the left loonies because if you dont you're automatically racist/homophobic/elitist etc.

  10. #490
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Another question as my only connection with youth here is a relo in Jets youth.

    We know that TDs heavily influence local rep sides now and reputations can be made and lost by this. Are they chosen on reality or do favourites sometimes get the nod. ive noticed some pretty handy players getting overlooked. Do we even care about TSP anymore?
    If you want to be considered to be selected for Jets you would care, if not then it doesn't matter

  11. #491
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Probably didn't help that the TD has banned Lambton players from attending JWF sessions
    Not True, itís not encouraged but definitely not banned

  12. #492
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    Not True, itís not encouraged but definitely not banned
    That might need to be made clear, parents and players believe they aren't allowed/not in their best interests to be attending JWF if they are at Lambton

  13. #493
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    That might need to be made clear, parents and players believe they aren't allowed/not in their best interests to be attending JWF if they are at Lambton
    100% agree but they wonít, they will eventually force out anyone at the club that does I would say. They canít and wonít ban it to use those words they will strongly discourage it. There are still players in the 12s going.

    As soon as RH became involved with the jaffas the JWF program was highly discouraged and people poorly treated because of their association ( referred to as the JWF clique) absolute crap but thatís another story.

    JWF has had a significant impact on newcastle football for the better, you only have to look at the current TSP 12s list NNSW published and off the top of my head I can see at least 10+ plus names who have been apart of the JWF program. If youíre not fortunate enough to be in the TSP program then JWF is the place to be if you want additional training.

  14. #494
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    108
    Jobe has an impressive list of players who have gone on to gain selection in the Jets youth teams after working with him. Well over 50. I wouldnít be sitting around being told what to do if thatís the path your kid wants to take, I would give them every opportunity available.

  15. #495
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Do parents as coaches still get their kid into these squads? or they are good enough anyway?

    Also i will challenge that IF, a lad is still only playing npl by 14s or 15s then sadly they arent going anywhere.
    Thatís not remotely true.

  16. #496
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    100% agree but they won’t, they will eventually force out anyone at the club that does I would say. They can’t and won’t ban it to use those words they will strongly discourage it. There are still players in the 12s going.

    As soon as RH became involved with the jaffas the JWF program was highly discouraged and people poorly treated because of their association ( referred to as the JWF clique) absolute crap but that’s another story.

    JWF has had a significant impact on newcastle football for the better, you only have to look at the current TSP 12s list NNSW published and off the top of my head I can see at least 10+ plus names who have been apart of the JWF program. If you’re not fortunate enough to be in the TSP program then JWF is the place to be if you want additional training.
    Pretty sad as RH only develops his favourite few so the others must pay up elsewhere to get further development.

  17. #497
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Pretty sad as RH only develops his favourite few so the others must pay up elsewhere to get further development.
    To true has been their undoing in the 12s.

  18. #498
    Whatís people hearing around the clubs with respect to U13s 2022? Iím hearing some clubs are a closed shop even though their results so far this year are below average , and others are already penciling in names and looking for gaps ?

  19. #499
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    Not True, it’s not encouraged but definitely not banned
    Either way if any of this is even remotely true its a problem.Not encouraging kids to go and improve their game is the most backwards shit Ive heard.If this is the attitude of some coaches/tds etc then they need to be removed from the sport because they arent acting in the best interests of the kids.

  20. #500
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    What’s people hearing around the clubs with respect to U13s 2022? I’m hearing some clubs are a closed shop even though their results so far this year are below average , and others are already penciling in names and looking for gaps ?
    Of course clubs are thinking about it.Some clubs already have 12's JDL kids training with 13's in order to blend them in to the different format.With TSP lists coming out some clubs now realise they may be losing some quality players and may need to start looking to fill gaps.Ive not seen anything untoward from coaches etc so far but no club is waiting until the trial period to sort their squad out thats for sure.One thing to remember is that with most clubs having 2 squads there are coaches who want to keep going and may move to other opportunities too and they will no doubt take players with them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •