Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    I think you’ll find the group grew to 26 but not much chance of it taking place now with the restrictions.
    When do the Jets announce the 2022 U/13’s squads?
    If they haven’t already I mean.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Traditionally thy start their pre-season training after Nationals which is first half of October. Of course it may have all been pushed back but if we say that they still intend on starting mid-October then they really have another month to sort it out

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Traditionally thy start their pre-season training after Nationals which is first half of October. Of course it may have all been pushed back but if we say that they still intend on starting mid-October then they really have another month to sort it out
    This is so late in the scheme of things.

Clubs will have announced their squads then have to make late changes to accommodate it.

Shouldn't they already have an idea on selections by mid to late season and get ahead of the process?

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

I’ve heard emails have been going to parents today a friend of mine has received one for their son.

This is so late in the scheme of things.

Clubs will have announced their squads then have to make late changes to accommodate it.

Shouldn't they already have an idea on selections by mid to late season and get ahead of the process?
    Trails wouldn't be happening till next week at the earliest so allowing Jeta a couple weeks in September isn't that late. I said end of September maybe I am 1-2 weeks later than they would and should be doing it for.

I did hear something about Jets wanting to do a round robin tournament for U12JDL teams as part of their selection process so would've have to have waited for the JDL season to finish anyway.

Trails wouldn't be happening till next week at the earliest so allowing Jeta a couple weeks in September isn't that late. I said end of September maybe I am 1-2 weeks later than they would and should be doing it for.

I did hear something about Jets wanting to do a round robin tournament for U12JDL teams as part of their selection process so would've have to have waited for the JDL season to finish anyway.
    There will be no trials next week lockdown until 10th September then a staged return similar to return to schools therefore there will probably be no allowance for groups etc. until 25th October at the very earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    There will be no trials next week lockdown until 10th September then a staged return similar to return to schools therefore there will probably be no allowance for groups etc. until 25th October at the very earliest.
    Yes thank you I know that, the discussion was around normal circumstances hence the words wouldn't and would've used.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    If you think there will be meaningful trials for the bigger clubs you’ll be disappointed. Most clubs have already made offers to exisiting and new players from EOIs.

The Jets squads have been selected and parents have been contacted.

The few spots that are left will be a very tough battle in the top clubs and it will filter down to the smaller clubs as the players find their way.

Dates these days are irrelevant.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    Wonder if any decline the offer?

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Wonder if any decline the offer?
    Several did last year. It's not for everyone. A lot of 12-13 year olds just want to play with their mates and have fun.

The last 2 years of season cancellations, inability to travel etc would have to have put some that were sitting on the fence off as well you would think.

If you think there will be meaningful trials for the bigger clubs you’ll be disappointed. Most clubs have already made offers to exisiting and new players from EOIs.
    This is kind of true, most clubs have made offers to existing players. Some clubs have made offers to new players, some have promised new players they will make an offer once the season is over and some haven't

This is total bullshit

This is total bullshit[/QUOTE]

Sorry to disappoint. I know a number who have accepted their offer for next.

Sorry to disappoint. I know a number who have accepted their offer for next.
    Sorry to disappoint but I spoke to the person responsible and he laughed at it considering they have yet to contact parents of current squad members if they are in the teams next year or not.

Banned
    Sorry to disappoint but I spoke to the person responsible and he laughed at it considering they have yet to contact parents of current squad members if they are in the teams next year or not.
    Next years 13s Jets doesnt have any current squad members or are you referring to their current clubs?

Sounds like they are requesting that info now from some. Maybe they might still need more time for the full squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Next years 13s Jets doesnt have any current squad members or are you referring to their current clubs?

Sounds like they are requesting that info now from some. Maybe they might still need more time for the full squad.
    Well when he said Jets squad I thought he meant all Jets teams. But next years Jets 13s yes that wouldn't apply, some have been selected and contacted but the 13s Jets squad hasn't been finalised yet.

Well when he said Jets squad I thought he meant all Jets teams. But next years Jets 13s yes that wouldn't apply, some have been selected and contacted but the 13s Jets squad hasn't been finalised yet.
    I've seen several announcements on club NPL pages showing kids at their clubs selected by the Jets for 2022. I can only assume the jets have now notified kids of their selection and are now finalising squads?

Only seen 1 name in the 13's so far. It will be interesting to see the squad they have selected. Especially how much weight they have given to kids who played 13's NPL rather than JDL in 2021.

I've seen several announcements on club NPL pages showing kids at their clubs selected by the Jets for 2022. I can only assume the jets have now notified kids of their selection and are now finalising squads?

Only seen 1 name in the 13's so far. It will be interesting to see the squad they have selected. Especially how much weight they have given to kids who played 13's NPL rather than JDL in 2021.
    Well yes it has been three weeks now and over this month they have filled spots for those that know are going plus contacted players they were also going to offer spots to anyway.

Retention letters were only sent out last week. So any players that don't accept their retention the Jets will then need to fill in further spots. So the squads aren't finalised.

I've seen a couple names for next year's 13s and they were players that had played 13s and also in the TSP program.

Well yes it has been three weeks now and over this month they have filled spots for those that know are going plus contacted players they were also going to offer spots to anyway.

Retention letters were only sent out last week. So any players that don't accept their retention the Jets will then need to fill in further spots. So the squads aren't finalised.

I've seen a couple names for next year's 13s and they were players that had played 13s and also in the TSP program.
    I know of 5 JDL players and 4 NPL sounds like an even mix so far

Magic
    Olympic
    Valentine
    Maitland

Are the clubs I’ve heard they’re from so far I’m sure there are more
    Last edited by Isthisforreal; 20-09-2021 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    I know of 5 JDL players and 4 NPL sounds like an even mix so far

Magic
    Olympic
    Valentine
    Maitland

Are the clubs I’ve heard they’re from so far I’m sure there are more

One of the kids I know was at Edgeworth the other Magic. Good to see it is a good mix of clubs, means more clubs developing players well

One of the kids I know was at Edgeworth the other Magic. Good to see it is a good mix of clubs, means more clubs developing players well
    One of the benefits of the new system I suppose, more clubs getting will get recognition for developing players. Hopefully it shows that you don't have to go to a successful senior NPL club to make the grade and will ensure more even distribution of talent as time goes on.

I'm looking forward to next year to see how the 13's NPL pans out & how the 13's jets perform after being developed through the club SAP instead of the association SAP as one of the criticisms in the past has been that it doesn't develop the kids at the top enough due to dilution of the best players.