Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

i thought northern would have the boys and girls contact details at registration why would they need to go through tds? if they are out looking at the kids at all they should know there names and be able to contact the parents with offers. this is from the email it says there is no cost

THE TRIALS AND WHAT TO EXPECT
    There is no cost involved to trial. Players are to wear their club training kit and to bring a water bottle.
    Each player will need to attend two open trial sessions.

BOYS:
    • Monday 17 January, 9.30am -11.30am
    • Tuesday 18 January, 3.30pm - 5.30pm
    GIRLS:
    • Monday 17 January, 3.30pm - 5.30pm
    • Tuesday 18 January, 9.30am - 11.30am

Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    i thought northern would have the boys and girls contact details at registration why would they need to go through tds?
    I suspect that the selectors will look more closely at those players nominated than those that weren't.

i thought northern would have the boys and girls contact details at registration why would they need to go through tds? if they are out looking at the kids at all they should know there names and be able to contact the parents with offers. this is from the email it says there is no cost

There is no cost involved to trial. Players are to wear their club training kit and to bring a water bottle.

BOYS:
    GIRLS:
    What age group?

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    What age group?
    It’s under 12’s.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    It’s under 12’s.
    thanks, makes sense, hard to get around to all the JDL clubs, some move clubs between JDL and NPL etc due to team sizes and selections. Never hurts to go for a run if you are invited it helps to see where your strengths are and where you could improve against other kids.

Go for a run, have some fun, learn something, don't be disheartened if you miss out if theres lots of kids.

Commenting so people who actually want to participate like normal human beings can find the thread....

I wonder if next year it will be called the JDL forum?

BOYS:
    GIRLS:
    middle of school hols. hmmmm. Token event?

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    middle of school hols. hmmmm. Token event?
    Nah, national camp for the older boys and girls is around the same time. Would be before the next TSP cycle starts.

Nah, national camp for the older boys and girls is around the same time. Would be before the next TSP cycle starts.
    Yep and they want the cycles to coincide with the school terms so needs to be sorted before schools starts

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Yep and they want the cycles to coincide with the school terms so needs to be sorted before schools starts
    Probably should have been sorted this side of Christmas then, a lot of kids will miss the trials due to pre arranged holidays, etc

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Probably should have been sorted this side of Christmas then, a lot of kids will miss the trials due to pre arranged holidays, etc
    If kids are serious about their football they won't miss an opportunity to trial for TSP if given it, if they do theres 150 kids waiting behind them to have a go.

Sorry but not sorry? it's a commitment in life like everything else is.

Banned
    Agree. do it now.

6 weeks wont make any difference. Families with pre made plans to travel shouldnt be a handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Agree. do it now.

6 weeks wont make any difference. Families with pre made plans to travel shouldnt be a handicap.
    Nope, they have given 6 weeks for people to be able to be organised. I believe theres a cycle still going. They aren't going to boot the current kids out so people can stop crying about being too busy in the school holidays to attend.

The current batch of 15's need to finish up before they bring a new cohort in.

BTW once they hit NPL you get two weeks at Christmas and you are back into preseason 2/3 nights a week, there isn't no 6 weeks of holidays then either.

Nope, they have given 6 weeks for people to be able to be organised. I believe theres a cycle still going. They aren't going to boot the current kids out so people can stop crying about being too busy in the school holidays to attend.

The current batch of 15's need to finish up before they bring a new cohort in.

BTW once they hit NPL you get two weeks at Christmas and you are back into preseason 2/3 nights a week, there isn't no 6 weeks of holidays then either.
    Nobody said anything about finishing the current cycle early. Just running trials prior to a holiday period.

6 weeks? It means nothing if you booked a holiday prior to that notification. Lots of people haven’t seen friends, family or taken time off work for an extended amount of time due to covid restrictions.

Expecting people to cancel their plans for under 12 trials is ridiculous.

My son will be at the trial days as we’ll be back from holidays prior, however I guarantee he would have missed out if we had a clash.

Nobody said anything about finishing the current cycle early. Just running trials prior to a holiday period.

6 weeks? It means nothing if you booked a holiday prior to that notification. Lots of people haven’t seen friends, family or taken time off work for an extended amount of time due to covid restrictions.

Expecting people to cancel their plans for under 12 trials is ridiculous.

My son will be at the trial days as we’ll be back from holidays prior, however I guarantee he would have missed out if we had a clash.
    The cycle wouldn't finish until the school holidays which is right before Christmas, so yes it would have to be finished earlier to compensate. They likely have missed some sessions as well due to lockdown.

I know people who travel from the mid-coast to play football down here. I know people who are at the wanderers from up here who travel to Sydney. People choose to make different levels of commitment to football, but there ain't no way a club or the federation is going to rearrange their whole trial period to suit peoples holiday schedules. Theres nothing to say that you've booked a holiday and the borders won't shut again either or travel gets restricted again, thats also another choice that people have to make.

If you don't want to cancel your plans to attend no one is forcing you. There would be kids who are on holidays who would also make the effort to travel back here just to attend. Because thats the commitment they and their families have made to their football.

There would be also people going away before Christmas, should they arrange a special session just to suit every single individual, now that you've just made them cancel all their plans to attend? where does it end? just when it suits you?

Banned
    The cycle wouldn't finish until the school holidays which is right before Christmas, so yes it would have to be finished earlier to compensate. They likely have missed some sessions as well due to lockdown.

I know people who travel from the mid-coast to play football down here. I know people who are at the wanderers from up here who travel to Sydney. People choose to make different levels of commitment to football, but there ain't no way a club or the federation is going to rearrange their whole trial period to suit peoples holiday schedules. Theres nothing to say that you've booked a holiday and the borders won't shut again either or travel gets restricted again, thats also another choice that people have to make.

If you don't want to cancel your plans to attend no one is forcing you. There would be kids who are on holidays who would also make the effort to travel back here just to attend. Because thats the commitment they and their families have made to their football.

There would be also people going away before Christmas, should they arrange a special session just to suit every single individual, now that you've just made them cancel all their plans to attend? where does it end? just when it suits you?
    Nah. They should do it now before everyone goes.

You’re missing the point entirely. Northern could have run TRIALS for cycle 1 2022 prior to school holidays starting, which wouldn’t affect the current batch of 2021 TSP. It’s also minimising the disruption to the majority of potential participants.
    Regardless of yours or anyone else’s level of commitment, Northern could have easily planned this better or even, as someone mentioned earlier, avoided trials altogether by undertaking active scouting & identification which is 100% their remit.

Hence why they have asked TDs to nominate players as well