Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Either way if any of this is even remotely true its a problem.Not encouraging kids to go and improve their game is the most backwards shit Ive heard.If this is the attitude of some coaches/tds etc then they need to be removed from the sport because they arent acting in the best interests of the kids.
    Not even remotely true.

Jaffas run extra optional training on Monday's on top of the existing team training sessions.

I cannot get my son to the Monday sessions this year and was asked why I couldn't get him there. I gave the reasons behind it and was open about Jr doing regular sessions outside of the club to subsidise his training and the club are happy where it stands.

My son is one of several in his age group that get training elsewhere. Although I can't speak for the rest of them, my son and I have had no negative feedback or encouragement to stop the external sessions.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Not even remotely true.
    Not even remotely true in your case.Sounds like it is very true in other cases.As I said,any coach or any TD at any club that pours this stuff on should be removed.Im glad your kid isnt subjected to it.

Not even remotely true in your case.Sounds like it is very true in other cases.As I said,any coach or any TD at any club that pours this stuff on should be removed.Im glad your kid isnt subjected to it.
    Not in my case.... or the other 2 kids in his age group that I know get training outside the club.

Until the earlier post I had never even heard a rumour of external training being discouraged.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Not even remotely true.

Jaffas run extra optional training on Monday's on top of the existing team training sessions.

I cannot get my son to the Monday sessions this year and was asked why I couldn't get him there. I gave the reasons behind it and was open about Jr doing regular sessions outside of the club to subsidise his training and the club are happy where it stands.

My son is one of several in his age group that get training elsewhere. Although I can't speak for the rest of them, my son and I have had no negative feedback or encouragement to stop the external sessions.
    As I said this isn't the belief of a number of players/parents, indeed, when "optional" training is on Monday then they shouldn't be going to JWF on Monday or indeed other days since the Monday session is there

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    As I said this isn't the belief of a number of players/parents, indeed, when "optional" training is on Monday then they shouldn't be going to JWF on Monday or indeed other days since the Monday session is there
    Is this a belief or something that has been communicated though? There's a huge difference.

As I said earlier I am only privy to information on the 3 kids I know of in the 11's that do external training. There may be more, I don't know for sure. None of the 3 have had any discouragement from coaches or anyone else from attending externally run sessions.

Is this a belief or something that has been communicated though? There's a huge difference.

As I said earlier I am only privy to information on the 3 kids I know of in the 11's that do external training. There may be more, I don't know for sure. None of the 3 have had any discouragement from coaches or anyone else from attending externally run sessions.
    It’s exactly as someone said further up if your one of his favourites you get what you want, if you’re not then you’re condemned. This isn’t a belief it’s first hand and factual.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    It’s exactly as someone said further up if your one of his favourites you get what you want, if you’re not then you’re condemned. This isn’t a belief it’s first hand and factual.
    Read rule #5 of the forum posting rules.

I get you have issues with Jaffas and individuals at the club. But continually naming a person or people is an ongoing issue in this forum.

I hope your young lad is having a great experience at his new club and if so surely you can focus on what is going well for him now rather than continually bashing a club where it didn't work out for you both.

I get you have issues with Jaffas and individuals at the club. But continually naming a person or people is an ongoing issue in this forum.

I hope your young lad is having a great experience at his new club and if so surely you can focus on what is going well for him now rather than continually bashing a club where it didn't work out for you both.
    Agreed.On another topic have you heard anything about these proposed gala days?Has your club committed to any particular date?

Aegon your loyalty to your club is to be commended,but as a mate said to me “there is two types of players at the Jaffa’s, one that has been shown the door and one that is waiting to be shown the door” I truely hope your youngster is the exception to this.

On the JWF issue it seems to me where there is smoke there is fire

Agreed.On another topic have you heard anything about these proposed gala days?Has your club committed to any particular date?
    Nothing at all apart from the NNSWF communication.

At the moment everyone is working off the assumption that clubs will be assigned their gala day when the draw is released on the 9th of June.

Not ideal if you get allocated Tamworth on the 27th of the same month.

You’re making an assumption I have left the club ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    Of all the many good things that has or is happening at the club this small part is true sadly. There are a select few who get offered further development because of 1 likeable attribute. Hard work isnt one. In saying that the few trialists who have forced there way into teams have been far superior that those few that have been shown the door just as it happens every other club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Of all the many good things that has or is happening at the club this small part is true sadly. There are a select few who get offered further development because of 1 likeable attribute. Hard work isnt one. In saying that the few trialists who have forced there way into teams have been far superior that those few that have been shown the door just as it happens every other club.
    What the likeable attribute??

When we all finished punching on jaffas can some1 tell me what is up at Hamilton? Been told 10’s & 11’s parents reall pissed off atm.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    When we all finished punching on jaffas can some1 tell me what is up at Hamilton? Been told 10’s & 11’s parents reall pissed off atm.
    I know one of the 11's squads is struggling a bit this season compared to past years, but one of my sons best mates is in the other squad and when I have spoken with his parents they haven't had a bad word to say.

I know one of the 11's squads is struggling a bit this season compared to past years, but one of my sons best mates is in the other squad and when I have spoken with his parents they haven't had a bad word to say.
    Was about to say the same thing.A friends son plays in the 11's and has nothing but good things to say about the team and the club.Just to add,my son has come all the way through playing against the 12's and they are not only a great squad but they are great kids and coaches and have always been a credit to the program.
    Last edited by sapdad; 31-05-2021 at 09:31 AM.

What I heard was one team in both 10's & 11's not happy this year. might not be your mates team but been told there been some blow ups over things this year from a few loud parents

Banned
    What I heard was one team in both 10's & 11's not happy this year. might not be your mates team but been told there been some blow ups over things this year from a few loud parents
    Yes, heard some grumblings but that happens as some aspects arent going to plan. Often happens when results are down or after a big loss.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Yes, heard some grumblings but that happens as some aspects arent going to plan. Often happens when results are down or after a big loss.
    you tend to find that with every club who has two teams in each age group.
    if one team is playing better or coaching differences there is always someone or parents unhappy from the other team

Like every club. Just hope they don’t cut down to one team to get rid of the trouble makers