Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

If it was pre game id take a guess that it was a uniform clash and one team didnt want to wear bibs.Ive seen that before and it was just as pathetic back then.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    If it was pre game id take a guess that it was a uniform clash and one team didnt want to wear bibs.Ive seen that before and it was just as pathetic back then.
    😂 stop it they are 9yr old kids who don’t keep score. If they are fighting over bibs they deserve to be kicked out

how the hell does something start pregame? it wasnt strip colour

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    �� stop it they are 9yr old kids who don’t keep score. If they are fighting over bibs they deserve to be kicked out
    It was more sad and funny rather than serious,but one teams argument that they deserve to wear their colour because theyd been around longer and that covering up their badge with a bib was unacceptable was pretty hilarious to see.Luckily the opposition coach and referee were not having it and made them change.The kids didnt care they just wanted to play.Its always the adults that get in the way of these things.Always.

It was more sad and funny rather than serious,but one teams argument that they deserve to wear their colour because theyd been around longer and that covering up their badge with a bib was unacceptable was pretty hilarious to see.Luckily the opposition coach and referee were not having it and made them change.The kids didnt care they just wanted to play.Its always the adults that get in the way of these things.Always.
    Are you serious? That what the disagreement was over ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    TSP tomorrow night, I hear they have taken a lot of kids into the trials. Thoughts?
    Has anyone heard back re the U12 trials? Boys and/or girls?

Quote Originally Posted by Meggsy View Post
    Has anyone heard back re the U12 trials? Boys and/or girls?
    Watched the 12s boys. 60 odd kids. A Few standouts but not as many as I expected and a couple who just arent quite there yet but generally hard to know.

IMO Therell be many who miss out who are as good but hopefully the coaches will get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    Watched the 12s boys. 60 odd kids. A Few standouts but not as many as I expected and a couple who just arent quite there yet but generally hard to know.

IMO Therell be many who miss out who are as good but hopefully the coaches will get it right.
    Cheers. Anyone watch the girls U12s. I know quite a few who attended the trial

Easy solution whomever was listed as the away team to change

Really?
    If I'd been in this situation I might have struggled not to laugh! I'm guessing they don't use bibs at training?

I had to go google who had been around longer, turns out it's Weston FC by some margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Easy solution whomever was listed as the away team to change
    Yes that was the issue,The away team felt they deserved to wear the colour despite the rule.To be clear this a different story to the one involving Weston.I was just giving an example of how silly people get about this stuff.This was 3 years ago and it sounds like things havent changed much.

Since when do Weston and Olympic colours clash anyway? Plenty of games where they kept their strips. Was there a complaint?

Quote Originally Posted by djjones View Post
    Since when do Weston and Olympic colours clash anyway? Plenty of games where they kept their strips. Was there a complaint?
    Yeah I think we're barking up the wrong tree; sapdad was sharing an anecdote from another situation.

Unless someone has more hard evidence we're stuck wondering why two (or more) U10 JDL coaches would ever have need to be involved in a physical altercation.

So the rest of Phase 1 draw is out - I'm told that us being scheduled to play in Tamworth is an error ... just as bloody well!

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    So the rest of Phase 1 draw is out - I'm told that us being scheduled to play in Tamworth is an error ... just as bloody well!
    They travel down here every week, not unreasonable to expect someone to go up there once a year provided they made the games in the arvo.

I'd use it as a good excuse to take the family away for the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    They travel down here every week, not unreasonable to expect someone to go up there once a year provided they made the games in the arvo.

I'd use it as a good excuse to take the family away for the weekend
    Oh absolutely, I agree.

However it was more directed to the fact that Tamworth aren't in the JDL, and we're playing West Wallsend.
    I'm sure they've made a mistake since both grounds are called Johnson/Johnston.

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    Oh absolutely, I agree.

However it was more directed to the fact that Tamworth aren't in the JDL, and we're playing West Wallsend.
    I'm sure they've made a mistake since both grounds are called Johnson/Johnston.
    lol oh I thought they were in U12s

But yes good thing two Newcastle teams aren't going up there to play

I seen a bit of SAP this season & all these new lambton parents need to pull there head in. They have there navy teams which are good but there gold team in each age ain’t no better than the Southy and Cookers.

People crying about the split comp but from what I seen it looks right.

If new lambton kids think they too good then they know what they should do..........

I watched an U10's JDL match on the weekend and noticed that the coach of one of the teams was giving specific instructions to his players to crowd the opposing keeper on corners.

Personally I'm not a fan of this at this age and don't think it really helps with the development phase. But I'm interested to hear others opinions.

Change my mind.

After a few rounds this season i would love to hear peoples opinions on the below topics.

Firstly i think there is a lack of knowledge across some coaches and coaching staff in regards to the drop off zones, Free kicks. Is this something for each club to assure there teams and coaching staff understand the rules of JDL correctly? or do you beleive each club take there own opinion of these rules and play it how they like?

Topics:

1) Players moving up a age group? yes or no? if so how does your club run this? E.g. under 9s player playing or training under 10s
    2) Drop off zone? does your club police this and how is it run?
    3) the knowledge that there is no direct freekicks?
    4) positional rotation? (for some kids i have found clearly have no interest or drive to play certain roles and to me looks to bring down a team in regards to there overall developing during game situations)

Quote Originally Posted by Game_over View Post
    I watched an U10's JDL match on the weekend and noticed that the coach of one of the teams was giving specific instructions to his players to crowd the opposing keeper on corners.

Personally I'm not a fan of this at this age and don't think it really helps with the development phase. But I'm interested to hear others opinions.

Change my mind.
    Theres really no need for it, as a parent of a goalkeeper who now is out of that phase, the response in a tactical sense (for a much older age group) is to put your defenders between the attacking players and the keeper, then hold or push off your own players if you need to, but for a bunch of ten year olds? there's so many other important things to be learning there's plenty of time for that **** later on. I bet a corner like that and the ball either went flying over or didn't make it onto the pitch, or they missed it completely anyway because they were too busy trying to do the stuff the coach was telling them to do.