Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I have because the father was very insistent going on about it and complaining to the committee when the TD suggested he go back down as he was struggling in U10s, but only once
    Id be shocked if the kid is still playing at 16 with mess like that surrounding him.If the TD gave in to the parent then heaven help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    Kids playing up is really more for the parents ego than anything. Seen it many times.
    There are many players that can play up but they only fit in not stand out. I havent seen any superstars that really need this. Maybe in 9's there's a fair bit of discrepancy and staying up for a year can help but after that improvements are large. Even the bigger faster players need to work on other skills. Plenty of time to fill in for the age up in NPL Youth.
    wow. Youve hurt a few egos with this one.

If there's space above go for it. It won't make or break a professional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

What is up at Maitland? Heard SAP coaches got sacked this week. Kids all miserable. Speak to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    From the JDL Rules:
    5.4. GOAL KICK DROP OFF-LINE
    All attacking players are required to remain behind the drop-off line when goal kicks are being
    taken until the team taking the goal kick has taken a touch.
    Not applicable when goalkeeper receives ball in general play.

In general play the defending players are to retreat outside the penalty area and can move forward once the ball has been put on the ground or rolled to an attacking player.

On goal kicks the defending players are to retreat to the drop off line and can move forward once an attacking player has taken a touch.
    Funny, I was at a game on the weekend and saw 2 coaches from the same team yelling at the game leader because they didn't understand this rule. Obviously in the group of coaches that didn't read the rules

Same 2 coaches through out negative after negative comments to their kids also, I do feel sorry for the players in teams that have coaches that carry on that way.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    What is up at Maitland? Heard SAP coaches got sacked this week. Kids all miserable. Speak to me!
    I've heard on the grapevine that they have told the parents from this years 11's squad that they'll be reducing down to one team in 2022 and have already informed individuals that they will not be at the club next season.

On the coaching front - No idea what is going on there, they did actually advertise for coaches for JDL several weeks ago. Seems very early in a season to be replacing coaches.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

I've heard on the grapevine that they have told the parents from this years 11's squad that they'll be reducing down to one team in 2022 and have already informed individuals that they will not be at the club next season.

On the coaching front - No idea what is going on there, they did actually advertise for coaches for JDL several weeks ago. Seems very early in a season to be replacing coaches.
    What a crappy thing to do to the kids this early in the year, let alone going to one team the last year before needing a bigger squad.That didnt work for Jaffas, it isnt working for New Lambton and its not the point of the program.But anyway we have all been over that before.They were advertising for coaches for the remainder of this year and into next year for multiple age groups so the decision to let this JDL coach go was made a while back it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    What a crappy thing to do to the kids this early in the year, let alone going to one team the last year before needing a bigger squad.That didnt work for Jaffas, it isnt working for New Lambton and its not the point of the program.But anyway we have all been over that before.They were advertising for coaches for the remainder of this year and into next year for multiple age groups so the decision to let this JDL coach go was made a while back it seems.
    Is it possible to coach decided to leave rather than being let go?

Jaffas won't trial anyway into 13s, their director of football will just go out and pick who he wants - don't think having one squad would bother him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Nope - Info is the Maitland SAP TD has also been let go this week. One of the coaches let go was his son.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Jaffas won't trial anyway into 13s, their director of football will just go out and pick who he wants - don't think having one squad would bother him at all.
    Jaffas went from two squads in 10's to one in 11's then back to 2 in 12's.That to me says they acknowledge their error.

Wrong again. Why do you bother with the cryfest. Players will go where THEY want.

Nope - Info is the Maitland SAP TD has also been let go this week. One of the coaches let go was his son.
    Must have their reasons. Do they have others ready to come in for next year?

The man who runs the Facebook page ‘Play Premier Football JDL/SAP Junior Development League’ is a wonderful man. If you have not seen it I highly recommend you do. He promotes all things good about JDL and shares posts from all clubs. He has no financial interests with running the page, just a passion for helping parents, players and clubs to see the best of what the program has to offer. I am proud to call him my mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Wrong again. Why do you bother with the cryfest. Players will go where THEY want.
    wrong about what? I can tell you that Jaffas didn't run trials - NPL players were selected and recruited by the Jaffas Football Manager. Thats not wrong that's a fact.

wrong about what? I can tell you that Jaffas didn't run trials - NPL players were selected and recruited by the Jaffas Football Manager. Thats not wrong that's a fact.
    Ignore Jim, just a troll who knows little about what is actually going on in general let alone local football.

💯

I’m hearing TSP teams have been selected and advised for the 12s, no surprise it’s the TD favourites again

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    The man who runs the Facebook page ‘Play Premier Football JDL/SAP Junior Development League’ is a wonderful man. If you have not seen it I highly recommend you do. He promotes all things good about JDL and shares posts from all clubs. He has no financial interests with running the page, just a passion for helping parents, players and clubs to see the best of what the program has to offer. I am proud to call him my mate.
    Well said

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Ignore Jim, just a troll who knows little about what is actually going on in general let alone local football.
    And here comes the boyfriend to defend his mate rofl. Dont know me so cant know much. Keep walkin
    Last edited by Jim; 14-05-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Trials will happen but not in pack style. Thats enough info.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    I’m hearing TSP teams have been selected and advised for the 12s, no surprise it’s the TD favourites again
    Some must be worthy