Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    I do not agree to the 5s pre season thing there trying to do.

why would you grade teams with less players on smaller field not like anything they would play on the weekend? makes no sense to me
    NNSWs plan is not to use it as grading , its all about revenue for themselves .
    they are just telling people that ..

teams were submitting scores at the end of last season , they will use that as well as the help of clubs

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    NNSWs plan is not to use it as grading , its all about revenue for themselves .
    they are just telling people that ..

teams were submitting scores at the end of last season , they will use that as well as the help of clubs
    Yep thought that was the actual reason, but i went with what there calling it.

For the 9s surely they can't grade it off that?

Isn't it also the associations request to divide your teams to A and B side if you have two teams for a age group?

or will there be no issue with mixed quality?

Yep thought that was the actual reason, but i went with what there calling it.

For the 9s surely they can't grade it off that?

Isn't it also the associations request to divide your teams to A and B side if you have two teams for a age group?

or will there be no issue with mixed quality?
    I reckon they will use the majority card when it comes down to 9s . if most the other age groups in the club are in one group then they will put them in that to start with..

as far as im aware , MAGIC , OLYMPIC & EDGY have even teams .. im not sure NNSW Football want a A&B Team

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    The 12's I saw all looked a bit cramped and there was a lot of direct football which is getting away from the point of the program but thats for another debate.Wouldnt surprise me to see 12's moved to a bigger field in future years
    I wonder if this is possible - especially when you look at Football VIC and Football NSW looking at pushing 13's back to SAP.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I wonder if this is possible - especially when you look at Football VIC and Football NSW looking at pushing 13's back to SAP.
    I dont agree with this, if the kids havent worked on their 4 core skills enough by age 12 then thats on them.They have to get out onto a full field eventually.There are plenty of age 12 SAP kids already playing 13's NPL this year anyway. If they prove to be good enough then holding back an entire age group for another year is going to be detrimental to their overall development.

I reckon they will use the majority card when it comes down to 9s . if most the other age groups in the club are in one group then they will put them in that to start with..

as far as im aware , MAGIC , OLYMPIC & EDGY have even teams .. im not sure NNSW Football want a A&B Team
    Wow thats surprising to hear, as my clubs directive was to split to A and B sides for all JDL age groups (12s exempt due to 1 team)

In relation to the comments about 13s dropping back to a SAP

There’s needs to be a point when we stop trying to protect? (Not sure that’s the right word) kids from the the negatives of “real sokkah”.

I agree, that we need to put more emphasis on learning the basic skills, and it seems that SAP or JDL is doing this.

But there comes a point when you need to start playing to win on a full size field. Part of development is learning when to stray from structure and say know when to kick a ball long, even though everything you have learnt up to that point is about keeping possession.
    I know these kids keep score, and know when they win and lose. But part of development is coping with pressure, and results adds that pressure and consequences for poor decisions.

This is in relation to the comments re: 13s dropping from NPL to JDL. I think the JDL is doing what it says it’s doing in terms of core skills and I understand the need for this. I just can’t help but think there needs to be some kind of competition, even if it’s a 2 weekend round robin and finals series type thing at the end of the season. Make it a learning exercise if you will, and have northern coaches/gurus watching the games and explaining tactics or something to the kids/coaches.
    If nothing else, it may be interesting to see how the kids/coaches approach the competitive environment in terms of if their structure and composure shines through or if it just turns into maradona runs and long balls. (The latter would definitely serve as an argument to keep scores and tables away from this).

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post

There’s needs to be a point when we stop trying to protect? (Not sure that’s the right word) kids from the the negatives of “real sokkah”.

I agree, that we need to put more emphasis on learning the basic skills, and it seems that SAP or JDL is doing this.

But there comes a point when you need to start playing to win on a full size field. Part of development is learning when to stray from structure and say know when to kick a ball long, even though everything you have learnt up to that point is about keeping possession.
    I know these kids keep score, and know when they win and lose. But part of development is coping with pressure, and results adds that pressure and consequences for poor decisions.

This is in relation to the comments re: 13s dropping from NPL to JDL. I think the JDL is doing what it says it’s doing in terms of core skills and I understand the need for this. I just can’t help but think there needs to be some kind of competition, even if it’s a 2 weekend round robin and finals series type thing at the end of the season. Make it a learning exercise if you will, and have northern coaches/gurus watching the games and explaining tactics or something to the kids/coaches.
    If nothing else, it may be interesting to see how the kids/coaches approach the competitive environment in terms of if their structure and composure shines through or if it just turns into maradona runs and long balls. (The latter would definitely serve as an argument to keep scores and tables away from this).
    i agree with all of this.As you said the kids/coaches and parents know the results, they know who the good teams are, they know who the good players are and they know who the good coaches are.The overall goal of the program was to get to full field and use their skills to win matches.Good coaches will enhance their skills with tactics, fitness and formations.At 13 its time for the kids to get amongst it.To be honest this year so far the drills at training have been so repetitive and boring my kid is not enjoying himself anywhere near as much.He is ready for some more game structure and something new.Wanting these kids to go 5 years of touch pass dribble and shoot without much else is gonna drive them crazy,

Couldn't agree more. i think 12s should be playing competition and still part of the JDL that way they are getting the 4 core skills in while also learning the structure and competition of NPL youth.

Also believe they should be on full field or at least 3/4 of the field at minimum.

Any idea of when the draws will be public? or anyone have a draft they are willing to share

Also believe they should be on full field or at least 3/4 of the field at minimum.
    Definitely this. 1/2 field too small for whole season. Can there be both? 1st round half field tight touches, 2nd round full field.
    Maybe same for 13s.
    Are there enough grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    Definitely this. 1/2 field too small for whole season. Can there be both? 1st round half field tight touches, 2nd round full field.
    Maybe same for 13s.
    Are there enough grounds?
    Short answer, no.With the JDL now at capacity for boys (9,10,11 and first year of 12's) and the addition of girls, rejigging a whole field for one age group will be way too much work for NNSW.Also, the kids get to play on 1st grade grounds every week. If they need new grounds the quality of surface wont be the same.If they move JDL 12 to bigger fields it would be easier to incorporate it into the NPL youth structure and play their games first every week.It probably wont happen in the short term though.

The biggest thing is majority of the kids these days compared to when i was a kid are huge and they are getting bigger each time the 9s come through

anyone else notice that

Wow thats surprising to hear, as my clubs directive was to split to A and B sides for all JDL age groups (12s exempt due to 1 team)
    My question for NNSWF is how they would grade teams who are NOT splitting their two teams; IE. Clubs that are mixing and matching each week?

Short answer, no.With the JDL now at capacity for boys (9,10,11 and first year of 12's) and the addition of girls, rejigging a whole field for one age group will be way too much work for NNSW.Also, the kids get to play on 1st grade grounds every week. If they need new grounds the quality of surface wont be the same.If they move JDL 12 to bigger fields it would be easier to incorporate it into the NPL youth structure and play their games first every week.It probably wont happen in the short term though.
    The idea of playing JDL before NPL Youth games got me thinking.
    Are there any club identities forming? Making kids feel as though they are part of a organisation?
    Eg is there any cross play with NPL youth or even NPL senior setups? Or are JDL very separate to NPL until say 12s.
    Maybe not the most important thing for 9 year olds, they already have their Jets or Overseas idols. But maybe somebody involved with the program could comment on their thought on if this is important and if so, are many clubs doing it?

The idea of playing JDL before NPL Youth games got me thinking.
    Are there any club identities forming? Making kids feel as though they are part of a organisation?
    Eg is there any cross play with NPL youth or even NPL senior setups? Or are JDL very separate to NPL until say 12s.
    Maybe not the most important thing for 9 year olds, they already have their Jets or Overseas idols. But maybe somebody involved with the program could comment on their thought on if this is important and if so, are many clubs doing it?
    absolutely.most clubs ive seen a lot of have a very close association with seniors.i know of a few NPL teams who have done jersey presentations to the kids by the seniors.SAP demonstrations have been played on 1st grade matchdays.even having coaches involved in SAP who are in the seniors set up come through and talk to the kids and encourage them.its really cool and definitely bonds the kids to the club from an early age.
    also it should be noted that every instance ive seen of seniors getting involved in it has always been embraced by the seniors.it never looks as if they are performing some sort of chore.the kids get a real kick out of seeing how the big boys do it, and hopefully it inspires them to want to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Indeed Football Australia came out saying U13s and U14s should be box to box 9v9. Then go to a full size field 11v11 from U15s

Must have been only some clubs asked for that. I was heavily involved in my club's SAP program (i.e. running the SAP program) last year and Northern never asked us for scores. Just coaching one of the JDL teams this year but our TD keeps us abreast of what's going on

Pity your club has to do it like that, ideally the two teams are of equal strength. I do remember one year a particular club did that and their designated B team roundly thrashed their A team later in the year.

absolutely.most clubs ive seen a lot of have a very close association with seniors.i know of a few NPL teams who have done jersey presentations to the kids by the seniors.SAP demonstrations have been played on 1st grade matchdays.even having coaches involved in SAP who are in the seniors set up come through and talk to the kids and encourage them.its really cool and definitely bonds the kids to the club from an early age.
    also it should be noted that every instance ive seen of seniors getting involved in it has always been embraced by the seniors.it never looks as if they are performing some sort of chore.the kids get a real kick out of seeing how the big boys do it, and hopefully it inspires them to want to do the same.
    Excellent! Good to see.
    Some of the best moments and memories I have are playing for a club where you felt part of it all.
    Also spent some time at a club that did not do this, and it always felt like you were unwanted but necessary.
    I’m glad some clubs are seeing the big picture!