Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Any teams get to train this week? I know the young fellas training was washed out all week, his been driving me batty kicking the ball around the house!

we are yet to have training called off due to rain, and the pitch has been quite dry (Monday was the worse even then was okay)

Quote Originally Posted by Game_over View Post
    Any teams get to train this week? I know the young fellas training was washed out all week, his been driving me batty kicking the ball around the house!
    haven't missed too many sessions the last few weeks but have had a few moved from our ground out to Speers Point. good having an all weather facility close by where the kids can train

Quote Originally Posted by sideline88 View Post
    haven't missed too many sessions the last few weeks but have had a few moved from our ground out to Speers Point. good having an all weather facility close by where the kids can train
    Does your club charge you when you transfer to speers point

Quote Originally Posted by Dontknowmuch View Post
    Does your club charge you when you transfer to speers point
    Not to date, i believe the club has made allowance for a minimum number of sessions at speers point for the season, weve a had a good mix of half field and the small sided fields in the time out there

It's great that some clubs have factored in sessions at Speers point to cater for wet weather, etc.

I'm not sure our club has any intention to ever undertake training there - even wet weather alternative locations are typically training at Howzat, the Uni or another indoor venue.

Last week was probably the first time in 3 years that the kids have not had a single scheduled session go ahead.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

The JDL draw is out

Not sure what they are hoping to achieve still, most of the historically stronger clubs play each other just like the clubs new to JDL are up against each other as well.

Looking at a rough breakdown of the boys teams - there are 28 (30 in U9's) teams per age group so if they are looking for two different pools it'll be roughly 14 teams per pool.

I know there will be a team or 2 being the exception to the rule, but it could quite easily have been broken down into this for phase 2:

Jaffa's, Olympic, Magic, Edgeworth, Maitland & Azzurri x 2 teams with New Lambton (A) and maybe Adamstown as the first pool.

New Lambton (B), Valentine, Lakes, Wallsend, Weston, Sth Cardiff, West Wallsend, Kahibah, Cooks Hill, Toronto & Singleton squads making up the second pool.

The biggest unknown is Central Coast United and where they will fit into the mix.

Surely this could have been worked out in conjunction with the clubs TD's rather than doing these fast 5 games?

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

I think its a huge money grab for the association.

How can you possible grade teams on a totally different style of football

Are Belswans, Cessnock and Thornton the only "premier clubs" without any SAP teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    I think its a huge money grab for the association.

How can you possible grade teams on a totally different style of football
    Are clubs actually being charged an additional fee for this though?

Quote Originally Posted by sideline88 View Post
    Are clubs actually being charged an additional fee for this though?
    I am unsure if there is direct cost to the club or not.

But the amount of people through there and canteen etc would bring in good revenue i would imagine

I am unsure if there is direct cost to the club or not.

But the amount of people through there and canteen etc would bring in good revenue i would imagine
    Almost 140 teams there over the first weekend, so roughly 1300-1400 players + families, coaches, club staff etc.

Week 2 even more with the addition of Northern Inland, North Coast & Mid North Coast teams.

In 12's Maitland and NL only have one team dont they? Are they expecting their kids to play 4 games in a day?Most other clubs somehow need to get equal game time for 24-26 players in a couple of 5 a side games?It all seems really poorly thought out.Lots of kids sitting around on the bench rather than playing/training.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    In 12's Maitland and NL only have one team dont they? Are they expecting their kids to play 4 games in a day?Most other clubs somehow need to get equal game time for 24-26 players in a couple of 5 a side games?It all seems really poorly thought out.Lots of kids sitting around on the bench rather than playing/training.
    All teams will have 2 games on the same day each weekend

9s,10s, x2 teams will have 4 game

11s,12s i believe each team has been split into 2 teams. (so if 11s have 2 teams already its split to 4)

thats what i found out off the draw anyway

All teams will have 2 games on the same day each weekend

9s,10s, x2 teams will have 4 game

11s,12s i believe each team has been split into 2 teams. (so if 11s have 2 teams already its split to 4)

thats what i found out off the draw anyway
    So they are assuming clubs like edgeworth/olympic/magic will only have kids play 1 game per weekend in this format?while i personally dont think it helps anything im happy to support it in case something good comes from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    The JDL draw is out

Not sure what they are hoping to achieve still, most of the historically stronger clubs play each other just like the clubs new to JDL are up against each other as well.

Looking at a rough breakdown of the boys teams - there are 28 (30 in U9's) teams per age group so if they are looking for two different pools it'll be roughly 14 teams per pool.

I know there will be a team or 2 being the exception to the rule, but it could quite easily have been broken down into this for phase 2:

Jaffa's, Olympic, Magic, Edgeworth, Maitland & Azzurri x 2 teams with New Lambton (A) and maybe Adamstown as the first pool.

New Lambton (B), Valentine, Lakes, Wallsend, Weston, Sth Cardiff, West Wallsend, Kahibah, Cooks Hill, Toronto & Singleton squads making up the second pool.

The biggest unknown is Central Coast United and where they will fit into the mix.

Surely this could have been worked out in conjunction with the clubs TD's rather than doing these fast 5 games?

I don't agree with this idea. You put the clubs that are in NPL into a draw and the Clubs in HitFM (or whatever its called now) Into a draw. Kids don't get better just playing people of similar level forever, they have to learn to be strong on the ball against better opposition. they want kids to go into NPL to fill the shortfall they were having with the old SAP, so NPL clubs MUST be playing each other. Teams also change every year so sure Jaffas / magic etc might be strong one year, but when the parents get the craps with the way the JDL is being run at some clubs they will move somewhere else. If kids develop really well let them trial for an NPL JDL, we have some top kids with us in NPL from HitFM, because they were approached to come over to NPL and they fit well into the squad.

Thats how development is supposed to work, upwards as kids develop, and down if they decide they don't like the pressure of whatever level of football they are in.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    I don't agree with this idea. You put the clubs that are in NPL into a draw and the Clubs in HitFM (or whatever its called now) Into a draw. Kids don't get better just playing people of similar level forever, they have to learn to be strong on the ball against better opposition. they want kids to go into NPL to fill the shortfall they were having with the old SAP, so NPL clubs MUST be playing each other. Teams also change every year so sure Jaffas / magic etc might be strong one year, but when the parents get the craps with the way the JDL is being run at some clubs they will move somewhere else. If kids develop really well let them trial for an NPL JDL, we have some top kids with us in NPL from HitFM, because they were approached to come over to NPL and they fit well into the squad.

Thats how development is supposed to work, upwards as kids develop, and down if they decide they don't like the pressure of whatever level of football they are in.
    I disagree only on the timing.Everything you said is correct but this program is supposed to spread the net as wide as possible in order to get U/13's to be the time when results/ladders/victories become the focus.New Lambton had teams in 11 and 10 last year that were as good as anyone.If they had only been playing against the 'weaker' teams from 9's then they never get to the level they are now.The obvious counterpoint is just to join Magic/Olympic/Jaffas from 9's but that just wasnt the case because those clubs either knocked them back or they were already choosing from their own community kids.If the 9-12 program gives the most kids the best chance of cracking NPL at 13 then the system is working.In its 4th year now we are seeing clubs who have struggled with numbers reducing to one team per age group,we are seeing new clubs getting the chance to join in and hopefully it raises the overall level.but saying kids are NPL worthy at 9 and putting them in a 'B' division before they've probably had any chance to get good coaching (or teammates) is going way to far in my opinion.

Agree or Disagree it is what NNSWF have decided to do.

I was only saying that this 3 week assessment or grading thing at LMRFF really didn't need to occur as most of the age groups would be a similar break down to what I mentioned above.

If you look at the draw for each age group in the boys the typically stronger teams are playing each other in most of the games as it is.

Teams also change every year so sure Jaffas / magic etc might be strong one year, but when the parents get the craps with the way the JDL is being run at some clubs they will move somewhere else.
    Magic, Jaffas and Olympic will always have the strongest teams not because they are run the best but because 99% of the players taken into the Jets program come from the NPL teams of one of those 3 clubs.

Banned
    So is this Comp going to be 5 in total on pitch or goalkeeper and 5 players which will be 6 total. Most teams I know have 11 or 12 players so that’s going to be interesting.