Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    It’s funny how it was only a single age group where this happened.

Club issues or parents sense of entitlement?

The kids never seems unhappy at training or during the games.
    Obviously you don’t know the kids nor the parents.

Enlightenment me on why you say parents sense of entitlement?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post

Parents (in general - not everyone) in that age group were
    Unhappy they didn’t have a say when NF were engaged to provide technical support.
    Constantly butting heads with the Director of Football after he was appointed.
    Divided between the JWF clique and the non JWF families.
    Difficult to get volunteers from for home games.
    After hearing about the second 12’s team being introduced some outright refused to mix their kids with the “new kids”.

This is just what I can remember off the top of my head.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Unhappy they didn’t have a say when NF were engaged to provide technical support.
    Constantly butting heads with the Director of Football after he was appointed.
    Divided between the JWF clique and the non JWF families.
    Difficult to get volunteers from for home games.
    After hearing about the second 12’s team being introduced some outright refused to mix their kids with the “new kids”.

So if Richard told you the sky was falling in and the earth was flat you’d believe him too?

So if Richard told you the sky was falling in and the earth was flat you’d believe him too?
    Lol, you asked the question, I gave you a response.

Now you’re making an assumption on where it was heard. You forget there are managers, co-ordinators & other parents who talk.

You are just showing your inherent bias. As I mentioned earlier. It’s funny the issues only occurred in a single age group.
    Last edited by Aegon; 22-05-2021 at 07:55 PM.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Unhappy they didn’t have a say when NF were engaged to provide technical support. FALSE
    Constantly butting heads with the Director of Football after he was appointed. FALSE
    Divided between the JWF clique and the non JWF families. FALSE and actually laughable

Difficult to get volunteers from for home games. FALSE
    After hearing about the second 12’s team being introduced some outright refused to mix their kids with the “new kids”. FASLE and Actually laughable again and it’s this point that identifies it comes from Richard.

Hey just wanted to clarify the above for you, might need to fact check before you open up.

Banned
    Lol, you asked the question, I gave you a response.

Now you’re making an assumption on where it was heard. You forget there are managers, co-ordinators & other parents who talk.

You are just showing your inherent bias. As I mentioned earlier. It’s funny the issues only occurred in a single age group.
    dont feed the trolls. Unhappy parents at every club at some point. Theres been plenty at the big 4 but dont let that bother you.

Make a decision and move on. In the end how many will make the Aleague from here? 0.5?

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    dont feed the trolls. Unhappy parents at every club at some point. Theres been plenty at the big 4 but dont let that bother you.

Make a decision and move on. In the end how many will make the Aleague from here? 0.5?
    Parents don't even realise how hard it is just to make first grade in the NPL.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Parents don't even realise how hard it is just to make first grade in the NPL.
    Interesting point. We have around 150 NPL players graduating NPL U16s EACH year.

Say about half getting to U18s then a dozen max each year gaining some continuous time in NPL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Its ok,the New Lambton Kids that left last year all have the worst parents in the world too according to some.As some one who knows parents from both clubs mentioned,not one of them has regretted moving on.Probably something in that.Clubs are fine theres always kids willing to take a spot.Its best we all move on.

I believe there is a broader cultural issue at the Jaffas.

I became aware of 2 recent examples that point to the issue.

1. A team manager for the U/12 team sent a message ahead of the Newcastle Olympic game denigrating less fortunate members of society (housing commission) who reside close to Darling St oval. The manger has not been reprimanded by the club.

2. A defender within the U/12 team continues to target players in back play. In yesterdays game he karate kicked a NO player off the ball and subsequently scythed the same player down in the following play with the ball well and truly gone. What are Jaffas senior coaching figures doing about such behaviour. Will it take a serious injury to deal with and correct the beahviour?

Quote Originally Posted by NewyGem View Post

1. A team manager for the U/12 team sent a message ahead of the Newcastle Olympic game denigrating less fortunate members of society (housing commission) who reside close to Darling St oval. The manger has not been reprimanded by the club.

2. A defender within the U/12 team continues to target players in back play. In yesterdays game he karate kicked a NO player off the ball and subsequently scythed the same player down in the following play with the ball well and truly gone. What are Jaffas senior coaching figures doing about such behaviour. Will it take a serious injury to deal with and correct the beahviour?
    Anyone who has ever played at darling st knows they are the first ones to banter the “people less fortunate🙄” behind the ground.

Anyone who has ever played NO has come up against players who don’t mind a back field cheap shot especially if the game isn’t going their way.

I don’t think that’s an isolated jaffas problem

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Anyone who has ever played at darling st knows they are the first ones to banter the “people less fortunate🙄” behind the ground.

Anyone who has ever played NO has come up against players who donÂ’t mind a back field cheap shot especially if the game isnÂ’t going their way.

I donÂ’t think thatÂ’s an isolated jaffas problem
    Jaffas have a problem, they can try and isolate a group of parents who have left the club as the problem but it still exists. Hopefully 2022 might be the year of the Jaffa once a few more have left.

Jaffas have a problem, they can try and isolate a group of parents who have left the club as the problem but it still exists. Hopefully 2022 might be the year of the Jaffa once a few more have left.
    Now that all the warriors have carried on about the parents and club how did the most important people (the Boys) play against the so called giants?

It’s disgraceful behaviour I agree on both fronts, as some dumb shit has already commented it not the first nor the last time it will happen against NO, but to condone it at JDL is absolutely disgraceful.

But don’t panic it’s ok, it will be the previous parents who have left or it will be a rouge parent and player or even better it will be the JWF group

There will be every excuse under the sun to condone the club’s behaviour and yes it is the club, once you pay your registration you become a representative of the club. It’s disappointing because not everyone who represents the club is of this nature but it certainly brought on by the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    Now that all the warriors have carried on about the parents and club how did the most important people (the Boys) play against the so called giants?
    Like you would expect in the 12s, when you lose quality like the 12s you can’t expect to compete can you ? The Goalkeeper (who played in both games) was the only reason score lines didn’t blowout. Olympic were a class above, well coached, well drilled and well mannered.
    Last edited by Isthisforreal; 24-05-2021 at 09:14 AM.

Getting back to the focus of Kids and development.

Seeing a number of games over the past few weeks in various age groups wanted to highlight a few things and see other peoples thoughts.

1) negativity - So many times i have seen negativity from parents and more importantly coaches. Things as simple as body language from coach or coaches can have a real impact on players. We need to remember we are building kids up to be not only quality little footballers but also growing and molding them as humans. Give kids negative feedback all the time is never a good thing. Too often you hear or see coaches telling kids that was "crap", saying they are disappointed in them or even throwing there hands up when things don't go there way/ slouched over and uninterested in there chairs when the game isn't going as expected. Kids look and see this they need to look and see positivity and feel encouraged to continue

2) Coaching techniques, i have seen coaches cheering and celebrating other teams/kids mistakes that is quite disappointing. Also yelling things like "whack them" & "Just boot it and chase it" is not focusing on learning to play football

what are everyone else thoughts and views they have seen this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    Getting back to the focus of Kids and development.

Seeing a number of games over the past few weeks in various age groups wanted to highlight a few things and see other peoples thoughts.

1) negativity - So many times i have seen negativity from parents and more importantly coaches. Things as simple as body language from coach or coaches can have a real impact on players. We need to remember we are building kids up to be not only quality little footballers but also growing and molding them as humans. Give kids negative feedback all the time is never a good thing. Too often you hear or see coaches telling kids that was "crap", saying they are disappointed in them or even throwing there hands up when things don't go there way/ slouched over and uninterested in there chairs when the game isn't going as expected. Kids look and see this they need to look and see positivity and feel encouraged to continue

2) Coaching techniques, i have seen coaches cheering and celebrating other teams/kids mistakes that is quite disappointing. Also yelling things like "whack them" & "Just boot it and chase it" is not focusing on learning to play football

what are everyone else thoughts and views they have seen this year?
    My son has had both quiet and loud coaches.Ive never once thought any of them were out of line in the way they taught my son including the times when hes been dragged and spoken to quite sternly on the sidelines during games.He enjoys the dedication of his coaches and understands the overall point of coaches sometimes being loud.Ive certianly seen loud coaches who i dont think contribute much to the development of kids but luckily theyve been on the other bench.Crowds are getting worse I saw a crowd go really over the top after their team either won or drew level in the final minutes of a game through an own goal from the other team.The kids and coaches certainly didnt celebrate so the parents could have learnt something but obviously the result really mattered to them.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    My son has had both quiet and loud coaches.Ive never once thought any of them were out of line in the way they taught my son including the times when hes been dragged and spoken to quite sternly on the sidelines during games.He enjoys the dedication of his coaches and understands the overall point of coaches sometimes being loud.Ive certianly seen loud coaches who i dont think contribute much to the development of kids but luckily theyve been on the other bench.Crowds are getting worse I saw a crowd go really over the top after their team either won or drew level in the final minutes of a game through an own goal from the other team.The kids and coaches certainly didnt celebrate so the parents could have learnt something but obviously the result really mattered to them.
    Not commenting on load or quietness of coaching as i agree both are very effective in there own right. As long as the message is clear and positive i believe will benefit the kids. (remembering they are only 9-12 years still)

More commenting on the load negativity comments to kids and in particular playing style of "Boot it Chase it"

Only time to get upset to kids and even this needs to be in the right manner is in regards to behavior, energy or bulling. If it is with how the play or the skill of making mistakes its not warranted specially if the kids are trying

If its the kid Im thinking of Ive certianly never seen anything cheap from him.Hes definitely a big strong lad who loves a slide tackle but I think thats how hes been taught and no one ever pulls him up on it.Its a shame as he will go to NPL next year get proper refs who will card him straight away and he'll have to relearn some stuff.His coaches arent helping by not teaching him the right way to tackle.As for the cheap shit and mouthing off some of these kids from lots of clubs will learn harsh lessons next year when refs wont cop a second of it and start punishing them.All part of life they will either evolve and shut their mouths or suffer the consequences as Im pretty sure refs are still undefeated in that contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    Only time to get upset to kids and even this needs to be in the right manner is in regards to behavior, energy or bulling. If it is with how the play or the skill of making mistakes its not warranted specially if the kids are trying
    Absolutely agree.As for the negativity and 'boot it' type stuff theres really only 2 coaches in my sons age that do it and its always been the way from them.Parents know full well what they are like before their kids join up in those teams so they shouldnt be shocked.There absolutely might be more but ive not seen them.Weve all spoken about it before but it would be great if Club TDs or NNSW coaches at the facility see that kind of stuff that they'll pull the coach aside and have a word.Most coaches hearts are in the right place but some need a bit more supervision from above.