Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SAP SUPER COACH View Post
    it appears more changes in the JDL coaching space with a club recently losing there TD after being hung out to dry by one of his coaches, can anyone confirm?
    Club? Geez there'd be a few that would know already.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    It already exists.Its called the U/12 Interdistrict comp.You should sign your kid up for that if thats what youre after.
    There's more than one age group in JDL

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    There's more than one age group in JDL
    Absolutely.But is the discussion point here people wanting 9 year olds battling for trophies before they can kick with both feet?Or 10 year olds losing semis because we dont care all that much about offside at that age?Because again NNSW have,for now, decided the age that points and finals and trophies matter is 13's.If parents are that thirsty for success for their kids then surely get them in an ID comp with those incentives from whatever age they can.I just feel like we as parents are forever trying to make this program good for us rather than the kids and it just bothers me.The first crop of these kids havent even graduated from the program and people are on here carrying on about not having enough desire or passion.I have no idea where they get that from because the kids I watch every weekend across many age groups all try their hardest to win.
    (and just to be clear im not accusing you of that).

Absolutely.But is the discussion point here people wanting 9 year olds battling for trophies before they can kick with both feet?Or 10 year olds losing semis because we dont care all that much about offside at that age?Because again NNSW have,for now, decided the age that points and finals and trophies matter is 13's.If parents are that thirsty for success for their kids then surely get them in an ID comp with those incentives from whatever age they can.I just feel like we as parents are forever trying to make this program good for us rather than the kids and it just bothers me.The first crop of these kids havent even graduated from the program and people are on here carrying on about not having enough desire or passion.I have no idea where they get that from because the kids I watch every weekend across many age groups all try their hardest to win.
    Happier the way it is. No points. Kids can play as fast as they like without the pts.

They have enough competition between each other as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post

They have enough competition between each other as it is.
    This is a really good point Jim.

it appears more changes in the JDL coaching space with a club recently losing there TD after being hung out to dry by one of his coaches, can anyone confirm?
    U gonna fill us in on the news super coach? Who been hung by which coach?

Someone asked a question if it was worth having points in the final stage and then seemed their reasoning was about development. Not all development is about technical stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Someone asked a question if it was worth having points in the final stage and then seemed their reasoning was about development. Not all development is about technical stuff.
    My question is where the best coaches at? If my kid gonna get better where he to go?

No1 talk about that. All this club that club no scores no ladder but where the best coaches??

How do the kids feel? Would a little comp over a weekend or 2 at the end make them happy? Is that something they’d like to do?

Devils advocate, can it be a worse idea than the cage matches?
    Only 1-2 weeks of the program, at the end. Bit of fun for the kids. Parents get to go to work the next day and pop on their local forum and tell us who won.

I’d be interested to see it trialled with maybe the 2 older age groups. Argument being that it’s a bit of a competitive environment to help them prepare for competitive matches in NPL Youth. Would also be good to see, and would potentially validate the no points/scores approach to this development/elite league. If clubs stick to their fundamentals and try to play out as they normally would, it could be good. If they resort to sticking 2 players high and long ball to them or the game being a mess, it kind of validates the idea to not score and compete for points. (Would you even introduce the concept of offside? Just to delineate it from what they’ve been doing)

Think there’s more reasons not to do it, kind of sends mixed messages too. But, not the worst idea.

It’s an interesting point as to the purpose of this comp/league/kick around. If it’s about their football development and journey, then on paper, I wouldn’t be opposed to some kind of hybrid set of rules between SAP and NPL youth. Eg maybe introduce offside in the older groups. An attempt to prepare and transition them to NPL. (Do many teams “exploit” offside? Would there be many offsides in a game as is?

Or do we not really have a problem going from small fields, no offside, no points etc to big field, offside rules, points. Let NPL a youth clubs educate their players in pre-season.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 24-06-2021 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    How do the kids feel? Would a little comp over a weekend or 2 at the end make them happy? Is that something they’d like to do?

Only 1-2 weeks of the program, at the end. Bit of fun for the kids. Parents get to go to work the next day and pop on their local forum and tell us who won.

I’d be interested to see it trialled with maybe the 2 older age groups. Argument being that it’s a bit of a competitive environment to help them prepare for competitive matches in NPL Youth. Would also be good to see, and would potentially validate the no points/scores approach to this development/elite league. If clubs stick to their fundamentals and try to play out as they normally would, it could be good. If they resort to sticking 2 players high and long ball to them or the game being a mess, it kind of validates the idea to not score and compete for points. (Would you even introduce the concept of offside? Just to delineate it from what they’ve been doing)

Think there’s more reasons not to do it, kind of sends mixed messages too. But, not the worst idea.

It’s an interesting point as to the purpose of this comp/league/kick around. If it’s about their football development and journey, then on paper, I wouldn’t be opposed to some kind of hybrid set of rules between SAP and NPL youth. Eg maybe introduce offside in the older groups. An attempt to prepare and transition them to NPL. (Do many teams “exploit” offside? Would there be many offsides in a game as is?

Or do we not really have a problem going from small fields, no offside, no points etc to big field, offside rules, points. Let NPL a youth clubs educate their players in pre-season.
    Offside is already in the 11's and 12's & in 9's and 10's game leaders are supposed to give free kicks for blatant offsides.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Parents get to go to work the next day and pop on their local forum and tell us who won.
    The problem is this is the only reason it would exist.The kids play to win and learn,the good coaches coach to win the right way,parents for the most part just want to brag.We dont need more of it.Also,with more at stake the behavior towards refs and players will only get worse and im not interested in any of that for my kid.Hes lucky at the moment his coach is amazing and more interested in the process rather than the result and hes a better footballer because of it.He'll get plenty of heartbreak and glory from next year on.Im fine for him to wait til then.

The coaches club is in the last 32 of the FFA Cup
    down to Magic, Olympic, Weston
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

In the La Liga futures tournament they have an offside line that is basically the edge of the penalty area and you can only be offside beyond that line. Interesting concept

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    down to Magic, Olympic, Weston
    It's magic

How does a coach hang a TD out to dry?

I watched Jaffa’s vs Magic in the 11’s this morning.

2 very competitive games. Both great to watch.

One of them the was the first goalless game of SAP/JDL I have seen in 3 years.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Did anyone got to the first gala day weekend?

If so, how did it go? Any pain points? What worked well?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Did anyone got to the first gala day weekend?

If so, how did it go? Any pain points? What worked well?
    I spoke to a parent whos son played in the 12's yesterday.He said there was a fair gap in talent between the Newcastle NPL teams and the rest.He said they had some last minute changes due to the covid rules but otherwise went as well as expected.

And said coach is a disease. bad luck for the TD

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    And said coach is a disease. bad luck for the TD
    Sound like Tragic

I bet ya a middy we all no the coach.