Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    All fair points.My post was only about TDs and coaches having the better opinion and using the largest sample size available.
    Having the sample size in front of you for direct comparison is 2nd to none for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    You really do talk shit, it was never banned. It has always been by application until this season when the JDL meet the NPL. The exemptions granted last year were mainly to the former Jets academy players that went to NPL when they folded the U12s as they went to the Sydney comp.

Always has to be someone try to blame northern, you’re in club land stop grasping at straws and pouring shit on NNSW when it’s not the facts
    Northern have taken down last season's rules but I can tell you that Northern did ban U12s from registering in U13s last year. You even admit they made exemptions, if it was allowed they would never have needed to make exemptions.

All fair points.My post was only about TDs and coaches having the better opinion and using the largest sample size available.Its clear those opinions are very different in even such a small space as NNSW.TSP is just another program to try and develop the kids in the same way that JDL is a way to develop them as opposed to traditional community football.None of these pathways is the correct one,especially at this age as these kids coming through will be the first graduates of the new system.Hopefully NNSW continually tweaks the program every year in order to make it even better.Kids will drop out, kids will come from outside the program and all of it is fine.Wherever kids end up,either Jets/NPL or All Age with their mates, I just want them to give it their best and not think that if they havent been selected at 12 for some extra training thats its all over.
    Times are so different now with opportunity and I feel for the kids (in the sense that there seems a lot of pressure to make these teams or their football dreams are over).
    Newcastle United Youth teams folded the year I trialled as a bit of fun, got told I wasn’t in the picture for the squad atm, but there was a chance if there were cancellations. They folded, that squad basically went into Macquarie and NPS SYL which had replaced the older club based SYL. Played inter district juniors in like G-B grade until 15s when ID senior coach invited me to play and train. Which I thought was the top tier at the time. He then told me about NBN trials and off I went into the NBN/NPL system at 16 with no previous “elite” training. Imo, held my own and maybe lacked the skill of some but made up for it with effort, communication and willingness to learn.

I guess now, kids are so lucky that parents like you, know about and are aware and able to access these elite programs. My parents has NFI. My cousin married an ex breakers who played first grade at Edgy, and my parents thought it was their All age A grade....
    kids can develop and make it at any age. Preserve fence and effort go just as far as natural talent imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Times are so different now with opportunity and I feel for the kids (in the sense that there seems a lot of pressure to make these teams or their football dreams are over).
    Newcastle United Youth teams folded the year I trialled as a bit of fun, got told I wasn’t in the picture for the squad atm, but there was a chance if there were cancellations. They folded, that squad basically went into Macquarie and NPS SYL which had replaced the older club based SYL. Played inter district juniors in like G-B grade until 15s when ID senior coach invited me to play and train. Which I thought was the top tier at the time. He then told me about NBN trials and off I went into the NBN/NPL system at 16 with no previous “elite” training. Imo, held my own and maybe lacked the skill of some but made up for it with effort, communication and willingness to learn.

I guess now, kids are so lucky that parents like you, know about and are aware and able to access these elite programs. My parents has NFI. My cousin married an ex breakers who played first grade at Edgy, and my parents thought it was their All age A grade....
    kids can develop and make it at any age. Preserve fence and effort go just as far as natural talent imo.
    Unless you have a footballing background or a link to the premier clubs the information was not easy to find. Community clubs have no incentive to advertise it.

The only reason I found out about SAP/JDL was through co-workers & even then they were pointing me towards the old association SAP program. Thankfully the Hunter Valley Football Operations Manager was extremely helpful and pointed me in the right direction.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I guess now, kids are so lucky that parents like you, know about and are aware and able to access these elite programs.
    I had no idea of the SAP program.My sons community coach thought he was decent enough and more importantly in love with the game that he suggested my son trial.From there he has had an amazing experience and still has the same enjoyment for the game.In contrast one of his mates is a year older and never had any experience other than community football but went straight into one of the top 4 NPL youth clubs and is thriving.Im all for every kid hopefully finding their own path and setting their own goals.Kids in my sons team are laser focused on wanting to play for the Jets and there is no reason to doubt them based on ability and desire,i hope they make it.My son would love to get into an NPL youth squad and develop further from there.He wont ever make TSP or play for the jets but i wouldnt swap the experience for anything in the world.My kid has met so many awesome people and made lifelong friendships that may no have been there without being involved in JDL.I look at JDL like anything in life,if you can give your kid the best chance at a happy and educational experience you take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Northern have taken down last season's rules but I can tell you that Northern did ban U12s from registering in U13s last year. You even admit they made exemptions, if it was allowed they would never have needed to make exemptions.
    This is correct. Mandate was Jets kids 12s only for 13s. All different now so who cares.

Received an update from the club:

• Phase 2 wraps up 4-6 June
    • Phase 3 draw released on the 9th of June
    • No games 11-13 June
    • Phase 3 commences 18-20 June
    • No games 2-4 July
    • Phase 3 concludes 27-29 August

That means Phase 2 is 8 rounds & Phase 3 is 10 rounds.
    So an 18 round season.

Same amount of rounds as the COVID reduced 2020 season but finishing 2 months earlier.
    4 rounds less then 2019 finishing 2 weeks earlier. They played 2 games per round.
    4 rounds less then 2018 finishing roughly the same time. They played 2 games per round.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Received an update from the club:

• Phase 2 wraps up 4-6 June
    • Phase 3 draw released on the 9th of June
    • No games 11-13 June
    • Phase 3 commences 18-20 June
    • No games 2-4 July
    • Phase 3 concludes 27-29 August

So an 18 round season.

Same amount of rounds as the COVID reduced 2020 season but finishing 2 months earlier.
    4 rounds less then 2019 finishing 2 weeks earlier. They played 2 games per round.
    4 rounds less then 2018 finishing roughly the same time. They played 2 games per round.
    wonder when preseason will start then?

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    wonder when preseason will start then?
    Judging by the goings on around the traps at the moment 2022 U/13's NPL preseason has already started.

Judging by the goings on around the traps at the moment 2022 U/13's NPL preseason has already started.
    Is there movement already ?

So an 18 round season.

In saying that, the consistency of competitive games this year has far outweighed any other year.Less games but also less 20-0 blowouts.Some scores I've seen have been deceptive as the games themselves have been high quality even contests.Id much rather this set up than years 1 and 2 for sure.

In saying that, the consistency of competitive games this year has far outweighed any other year.Less games but also less 20-0 blowouts.Some scores I've seen have been deceptive as the games themselves have been high quality even contests.Id much rather this set up than years 1 and 2 for sure.
    I agree with every word of this.

My bugbear is more with the consistent reduction in playing time with no commensurate reduction in fees to NNSWF.

Northerns portion of the fees is greater than the full fees at some community clubs without the benefit of game leaders being provided or draws being issued with enough notice.

With an 18 game season you could go back play community level with finals and play the same amount of actual game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    Is there movement already ?
    The movement started last year, Jaffas offered a magic player last year a spot in the NPL next year if he came across and played 12s this year

Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    The movement started last year, Jaffas offered a magic player last year a spot in the NPL next year if he came across and played 12s this year
    I find that hard to believe, didn’t this side already have multiple TSP players ??

Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    Yawn. Players move where ever they want. Other clubs offer much more. You can guess who

I agree with every word of this.

My bugbear is more with the consistent reduction in playing time with no commensurate reduction in fees to NNSWF.

Northerns portion of the fees is greater than the full fees at some community clubs without the benefit of game leaders being provided or draws being issued with enough notice.

With an 18 game season you could go back play community level with finals and play the same amount of actual game time.
    Yeah its a farce. JDL chest puffing by spineless nnsw delivering incompetence. Minimum 22 rds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Yawn. Players move where ever they want. Other clubs offer much more. You can guess who
    Who Jim? You talk a big game but always make empty statements.

We’re talking local NPL aside from the occasional free rego to a player what is there ??

If Kids go where they want, why are clubs offering anything ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheshootsshescores View Post
    I find that hard to believe, didn’t this side already have multiple TSP players ??
    If you read further up on this thread, I think you’ll find the Jaffas lost a lot of players after last year

Quote Originally Posted by Sheshootsshescores View Post
    Believe it, this amongst so many other reasons a group of parents made the smart choice to leave

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    Believe it, this amongst so many other reasons a group of parents made the smart choice to leave
    It’s funny how it was only a single age group where this happened.

Club issues or parents sense of entitlement?

The kids never seems unhappy at training or during the games.