Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    So is this Comp going to be 5 in total on pitch or goalkeeper and 5 players which will be 6 total. Most teams I know have 11 or 12 players so that’s going to be interesting.
    Under 9's and 10's - 5 a side total
    Under 11's and 12's - 6 a side total
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Magic, Jaffas and Olympic will always have the strongest teams not because they are run the best but because 99% of the players taken into the Jets program come from the NPL teams of one of those 3 clubs.
    that's not even remotely true. lol. I think there was one kid from Jaffas at nationals camp in January in the 14s. Maybe you meant Edgeworth, where there was a few more than jaffas? Only 1 goalkeeper was from the clubs you mentioned across both age groups the others were from clubs not listed, and it would be rare for them to take a goalkeeper unless they are playing across many age groups from the top of the table. There were also kids not from local NPL, at least one from Tamworth that played at the back that was actually quite good. Nothing stopping kids from getting in NPL later that were in a HitFM SAP we have 2 from the GF winning West Wallsend team this year. I just don't agree that you drop SAP clubs that are run by an NPL club into a tier down, because they won't get better in time for NPL, they need to be playing against the kids they are going to play against in the NPL. The problem is for the olympics of the world where the kids stagnate because they have lumped all the good kids together and there's little competition for them anywhere in the draw.

In the old SAP they rotated them every year so the kids got a fairly well rounded development.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    that's not even remotely true. lol. I think there was one kid from Jaffas at nationals camp in January in the 14s. Maybe you meant Edgeworth, where there was a few more than jaffas? Only 1 goalkeeper was from the clubs you mentioned across both age groups the others were from clubs not listed, and it would be rare for them to take a goalkeeper unless they are playing across many age groups from the top of the table. There were also kids not from local NPL, at least one from Tamworth that played at the back that was actually quite good. Nothing stopping kids from getting in NPL later that were in a HitFM SAP we have 2 from the GF winning West Wallsend team this year. I just don't agree that you drop SAP clubs that are run by an NPL club into a tier down, because they won't get better in time for NPL, they need to be playing against the kids they are going to play against in the NPL. The problem is for the olympics of the world where the kids stagnate because they have lumped all the good kids together and there's little competition for them anywhere in the draw.

In the old SAP they rotated them every year so the kids got a fairly well rounded development.
    A couple from edgy maybe but I guarantee you the vast majority of players drafted into the program are from these 3 clubs in my experience. Now I’m not up on the 13s so if I’m wrong There I’ll stand corrected

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    A couple from edgy maybe but I guarantee you the vast majority of players drafted into the program are from these 3 clubs in my experience. Now I’m not up on the 13s so if I’m wrong There I’ll stand corrected
    The jaffas won’t continue to be as strong in the sap fields as they have been, huge losses of quality kids to other clubs. Time will tell but the writings on the wall

Hamilton and magic will always be strong but other clubs have made huge ground on them, Edgy with Jobe wheelhouse involved has attracted some good kids and will only keep on improving its SAP/JDL
    Last edited by Arsenal222; 05-03-2021 at 12:58 PM.

Prepare for an influx of misquotes.

Arsenal222, reckon you could edit and chuck a ] after the last [/ QUOTE

Apologies, don’t know if my OCD can handle the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post

The jaffas won’t continue to be as strong in the sap fields as they have been, huge losses of quality kids to other clubs. Time will tell but the writings on the wall
    I assume you are only talking about this years 12's?

Only 1 player left this years 11's by choice and that was to join his siblings at Magic.

From what I have seen of the 10's they have also retained their better players from last year.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I assume you are only talking about this years 12's?

Only 1 player left this years 11's by choice and that was to join his siblings at Magic.

From what I have seen of the 10's they have also retained their better players from last year.

Yes, The 12s.

Week 2 even more with the addition of Northern Inland, North Coast & Mid North Coast teams.
    Hi guys,

I'm led to believe NI and NC will only be participating in this part of the SAP fixtures. MNC are yet undecided as to whether they will join the main draw but not likely with all the travel involved for the teams.

Some talk of a whole of NNSW SAP gala at the end of the season. Could be a good addition to the calendar if Northern can get it together.

A

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Some talk of a whole of NNSW SAP gala at the end of the season. Could be a good addition to the calendar if Northern can get it together.

A
    This would be great - probably the first thing NNSWF have actually done for Premier SAP/JDL since its inception.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post

I'm with Kitz on this.

There is a balance between getting flogged every week and challenging yourself but i know our kids get real excited when they play the "big" teams. If every week was the same weaker teams playing each other no one wins.

Let's not forget the a lot of very good players will be at so-called smaller clubs for reasons of club loyalty, family links or even smaller fees. not everyone feels playing for the Olympics of this world will help development. Sometimes being a bigger fish in a smaller pond is preferable to being drowned in a shark tank if you know what I mean! LOL

A

Yes, The 12s.
    From what I understand - 50% of the single team from last season have left, so they would have added approx. 16 new kids this year - No idea where they have all come from.

On a positive note from what I have seen one of the teams is still very strong - very competitive games vs Edgeworth, Northern Tigers & MNC so far. The other has been getting a few goals put on them but I think they'll gel as the season goes on.

3 or 4 of the 12's are exceptional players. I reckon at least 2 of them will be picked up by the jets 13's.

Incorrect. Only 1 team is new the other is as strong as last year.

Hamilton and magic will always be strong but other clubs have made huge ground on them, Edgy with Jobe wheelhouse involved has attracted some good kids and will only keep on improving its SAP/JDL
    Magic werent that strong last year in 10s. Might have to dispense with the assumptions.
    Last edited by Jim; 05-03-2021 at 06:46 PM.

[QUOTE=Jim;245436] Incorrect. Only 1 team is new the other is as strong as last year.

Entirely personal opinion, I know the boys that have left and the quality they contained. Still some good kids there but unfortunately for the club we lost the cream over the past two - three years. They lost 6 players
    Last edited by Arsenal222; 07-03-2021 at 07:20 AM.

Hi guys,

I was having a yarn with someone "in the know" at games this weekend and they believe that there will be a mix of U12 girls with U11 boys, and U11 girls with U10 boys and so on in the main JDL draw this season. Valo, Cookers, West Wallsend, Wallsend, Lake Mac and Southy were all mentioned as being the boys team to play older age girls.

If true does that mean the grading has already been done by Northern?

A

If so, it again raises the question - What is the point of the next 3 weekends at the LMRFF?

TBF - the someone in the know may have been referring to week 3 of the 5 a side games where these teams are already scheduled to play in the 9's, 10's and 11's girls draws. This may or may not be the case in the draw for the season proper.

10's girls week 3 as an example:
    https://websites.sportstg.com/comp_i...82153-0&pool=1

[QUOTE=Arsenal222;245448]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Incorrect. Only 1 team is new the other is as strong as last year.

Entirely personal opinion, I know the boys that have left and the quality they contained. Still some good kids there but unfortunately for the club we lost the cream over the past two - three years. They lost 6 players
    They have pick up 1 or 2 decent replacements.

The real damage was done when they cut last years U11s to one team. stupid. The Einstein who did that is no longer there.

Thats football I guess. Trying to keep everyone happy at any club is impossible.
    Last edited by Jim; 08-03-2021 at 07:54 PM.

If so, it again raises the question - What is the point of the next 3 weekends at the LMRFF?

TBF - the someone in the know may have been referring to week 3 of the 5 a side games where these teams are already scheduled to play in the 9's, 10's and 11's girls draws. This may or may not be the case in the draw for the season proper.

10's girls week 3 as an example:
    https://websites.sportstg.com/comp_i...82153-0&pool=1
    Hi Aegon,

You could be right about that. I hadn’t even looked as far as week 3! LOL

The person I spoke to did clearly believe that those teams would play vs older girls. Maybe guessing but they are in a senior role at a JDL club so I have no reason to doubt them.

If the draw has been decided you are right to raise the question of ‘why’. I’m not sure and don’t think many are!

But I am willing to embrace it for what it is. Lots of games, lots of kids playing soccer and the season is upon us. Bring it on!

A

[QUOTE=Jim;245507]

They have pick up 1 or 2 decent replacements.

The real damage was done when they cut last years U11s to one team. stupid. The Einstein who did that is no longer there.

Thats football I guess. Trying to keep everyone happy at any club is impossible.
    Has Richard Hartley was still with the club, what Einstein are you talking about?

It wasn’t well handled and unfortunately the club don’t care, unless you’re in first grade.

Hi guys,

I was having a yarn with someone "in the know" at games this weekend and they believe that there will be a mix of U12 girls with U11 boys, and U11 girls with U10 boys and so on in the main JDL draw this season. Valo, Cookers, West Wallsend, Wallsend, Lake Mac and Southy were all mentioned as being the boys team to play older age girls.

A
    The girls playing down against boys has always happened, the old SAP girls always played down a year, HV, MQ, Newcastle, Jets (I can't remember if Jets girls played in their own age group rather than down a year). My son played against them all. My daughter is turning 10 this year but will play 11 and 12 girls. The girls are generally bigger and can be quite strong on the ball, so I wouldn't expect that the boys are going to have an easy time.

The girls are out to prove they deserve to be there. Give the new program a year to build their girls up and I have no doubt the better girls will hold their own even against those teams that think they have the best boys, there is some quite talented girls out there.

the worst thing about the mixed teams is that quite often the boys just ignore them and won't pass to them, just how boys are when they are young (and some of them when they are older. lol).

What Einstein are you talking about?
    Probably best you don't call out people by name as it is one of the forum rules.

Answering your question though: He is still at Jaffa's but wasn't appointed in his role at the time that decision was made - The decision was made by his predecessor.