Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

This thread is a great example of everything that is wrong with football. It has over twice the amount of posts than the next most active, with the most just been parents of children under 12 years old bickering amongst themselves...... What hope do the kids have if this is the football environment they are developing in. As someone that has had zero involvement in SAP/JDL or any of its other iterations, I truly hope this thread is not representative of its culture as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    The inclusion of a regional gala day for each team (assuming per club) would mean 8-9 rounds in phase 3 + however many games on the gala day.

Anything else outside of that will be a big surprise.
    We've been told there are 3 gala days that clubs must attend at least 1.Other than that we have had no further detail.
    One other thing thats not been discussed is the inclusion of new clubs this year like Central Coast and MNC.Speaking to coaches and players from both these clubs they are really impressed and happy their kids get this level of interaction.I think theyve held their own and ive seen a few players in the 12's that are as good as anyone in the program.With a few more years involvement i cant see them being anything other than some of the strongest teams in the program and thats great for these smaller regions.

Quote Originally Posted by ExWhistleMan View Post
    This thread is a great example of everything that is wrong with football. It has over twice the amount of posts than the next most active, with the most just been parents of children under 12 years old bickering amongst themselves...... What hope do the kids have if this is the football environment they are developing in. As someone that has had zero involvement in SAP/JDL or any of its other iterations, I truly hope this thread is not representative of its culture as a whole.
    Of course it has more posts, this is the only thread where the best will end up in Manchester and the not so good will have to go to Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Of course it has more posts, this is the only thread where the best will end up in Manchester and the not so good will have to go to Arsenal
    Little Johnny is only playing for Barcelona, Real Madrid or Manchester City. Not sure where you got your information from but it’s wrong 😇😝😝

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    Little Johnny is only playing for Barcelona, Real Madrid or Manchester City. Not sure where you got your information from but it’s wrong ������
    You're kids will be lucky to make it to NPL 14's unless you are the ones doing the coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    You're kids will be lucky to make it to NPL 14's unless you are the ones doing the coaching.
    I don’t coach and they’re already there 😂😂.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Divided between the JWF clique and the non JWF families.
    Probably didn't help that the TD has banned Lambton players from attending JWF sessions

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Do parents as coaches still get their kid into these squads? or they are good enough anyway?

Also i will challenge that IF, a lad is still only playing npl by 14s or 15s then sadly they arent going anywhere.

Banned
    Another question as my only connection with youth here is a relo in Jets youth.

We know that TDs heavily influence local rep sides now and reputations can be made and lost by this. Are they chosen on reality or do favourites sometimes get the nod. ive noticed some pretty handy players getting overlooked. Do we even care about TSP anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Another question as my only connection with youth here is a relo in Jets youth.

We know that TDs heavily influence local rep sides now and reputations can be made and lost by this. Are they chosen on reality or do favourites sometimes get the nod. ive noticed some pretty handy players getting overlooked. Do we even care about TSP anymore?
    If you want to be considered to be selected for Jets you would care, if not then it doesn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Probably didn't help that the TD has banned Lambton players from attending JWF sessions
    Not True, it’s not encouraged but definitely not banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    That might need to be made clear, parents and players believe they aren't allowed/not in their best interests to be attending JWF if they are at Lambton

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    That might need to be made clear, parents and players believe they aren't allowed/not in their best interests to be attending JWF if they are at Lambton
    100% agree but they won’t, they will eventually force out anyone at the club that does I would say. They can’t and won’t ban it to use those words they will strongly discourage it. There are still players in the 12s going.

As soon as RH became involved with the jaffas the JWF program was highly discouraged and people poorly treated because of their association ( referred to as the JWF clique) absolute crap but that’s another story.

JWF has had a significant impact on newcastle football for the better, you only have to look at the current TSP 12s list NNSW published and off the top of my head I can see at least 10+ plus names who have been apart of the JWF program. If you’re not fortunate enough to be in the TSP program then JWF is the place to be if you want additional training.

Jobe has an impressive list of players who have gone on to gain selection in the Jets youth teams after working with him. Well over 50. I wouldn’t be sitting around being told what to do if that’s the path your kid wants to take, I would give them every opportunity available.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Do parents as coaches still get their kid into these squads? or they are good enough anyway?

Also i will challenge that IF, a lad is still only playing npl by 14s or 15s then sadly they arent going anywhere.
    That’s not remotely true.

100% agree but they won’t, they will eventually force out anyone at the club that does I would say. They can’t and won’t ban it to use those words they will strongly discourage it. There are still players in the 12s going.

As soon as RH became involved with the jaffas the JWF program was highly discouraged and people poorly treated because of their association ( referred to as the JWF clique) absolute crap but that’s another story.

JWF has had a significant impact on newcastle football for the better, you only have to look at the current TSP 12s list NNSW published and off the top of my head I can see at least 10+ plus names who have been apart of the JWF program. If you’re not fortunate enough to be in the TSP program then JWF is the place to be if you want additional training.
    Pretty sad as RH only develops his favourite few so the others must pay up elsewhere to get further development.

Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Pretty sad as RH only develops his favourite few so the others must pay up elsewhere to get further development.
    To true has been their undoing in the 12s.

What’s people hearing around the clubs with respect to U13s 2022? I’m hearing some clubs are a closed shop even though their results so far this year are below average , and others are already penciling in names and looking for gaps ?

Either way if any of this is even remotely true its a problem.Not encouraging kids to go and improve their game is the most backwards shit Ive heard.If this is the attitude of some coaches/tds etc then they need to be removed from the sport because they arent acting in the best interests of the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    What’s people hearing around the clubs with respect to U13s 2022? I’m hearing some clubs are a closed shop even though their results so far this year are below average , and others are already penciling in names and looking for gaps ?
    Of course clubs are thinking about it.Some clubs already have 12's JDL kids training with 13's in order to blend them in to the different format.With TSP lists coming out some clubs now realise they may be losing some quality players and may need to start looking to fill gaps.Ive not seen anything untoward from coaches etc so far but no club is waiting until the trial period to sort their squad out thats for sure.One thing to remember is that with most clubs having 2 squads there are coaches who want to keep going and may move to other opportunities too and they will no doubt take players with them.