Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Adamstown, Lake mac, Wallsend to a degree, Weston. Better still go onto the draws from last year to this year ya lazy sod
    Sorry but please excuse me if I read that with the image of an Alf Stewart type old man wagging his finger at me.I genuinely had no idea other than New Lambton and Maitland in 12's going back to 1 team.Hopefully they all find enough extra kids to round out a strong 13's squad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Sorry but please excuse me if I read that with the image of an Alf Stewart type old man wagging his finger at me.I genuinely had no idea other than New Lambton and Maitland in 12's going back to 1 team.Hopefully they all find enough extra kids to round out a strong 13's squad.
    All tongue in cheek. Probably shouldve added the emoji thingy.

But all in all 1 good team is way better than 2 weak ones for game play. But i wonder if 2 team clubs are getting an advantage for squads in 13s and $$$ for paying seniors?

Depends what this SAP/JDL’s aim is.
    Is it an elite program? 1 team.
    Is it a development program? 2 teams.

The more kids that can be introduced to quality training and receive constructive feedback, the better they should be.
    You get lopsided contests in all grades, all ages, that’s part of football. On the right track trying to even out the games.

I still can’t help but think, 85% of the best 100 players will be in the top tier competition. If there’s no JDL, they will be in their inter district teams playing A and B grade.
    If there’s a NPL style comp, they’ll be playing that.
    If there’s a JDL with 2 teams per club, they’ll be in that
    Just calling it something difference.

The positive that I can see from this program is that the coaching seems more structured and with purpose than you’d receive at inter district level (on average). And with 2 teams you can affect and change and develop more players.

Get 2 teams at each club. (Not sure on numbers of clubs and teams so bear with me). Say 20 teams, 10 in a team. 200 kids at SAP Level.
    Then onto NPL youth, 10 clubs, say 15 in a squad. 150 players per age. 50 drop out or onto NEWFM etc
    From NPL youth, 150 can’t just go into 18s. Let’s say half a squad is promoted from NPL Youth to 18s.
    That’s 80 kids into NPL senior set ups. After 1-2 years they can move onto 20s.
    Then how many make first grade? Maybe 4? Being generous.

Just very very very rough numbers. But improving the base of the pyramid in SAP a exposure to quality programs can only be a good thing?

Banned
    There's 27 - 30 teams in each age.

So it's basically, it's A, B, C grade all wrapped into 1 with improved coaching, exorbitant fees and a whole lot of hype.

[QUOTE=Yato;249083]Take under 12’s for example - around 300 kids playing JDL and 800 playing community.
    How can that be considered a ‘talented’ program?
    If the clubs stop thinking about the massive money making scheme that it is and we go to one team/club, then we may see more even results with a much better standard of football.
    As a community coach and JDL parent, I’ve seen plenty of kids out of that 800 that are also arguably better than quite a number of kids in the 300.
    Parents want their kid to be ‘talented’, and if you are willing to pay and trial at every club, most will get a spot.
    Let’s take it back to the 80’s when you earnt your spot in a rep team and didn’t pay ridiculous money for the privilege.
    150 would be enough for the NPL clubs to draw from for 13’s, but how would they then fund their 1st grade players???[/QUOTE]

Sap has been going for what 5 years .. if that's your answer for clubs paying first grade footballers then how did the firstgraders get paid prior to sap ?

There's 27 - 30 teams in each age.

So it's basically, it's A, B, C grade all wrapped into 1 with improved coaching, exorbitant fees and a whole lot of hype.
    Is it improved coaching though? Are not most of the coaches just dads who have done a little course. I’d be interested to see how many coaches have even a c license which of itself doesn’t necessarily make you a good coach just like a drivers license doesn’t make you a good driver.
    I would replace improved coaching with structured coaching and then we can debate whether that actually helps or hinders development. What will develop kids is playing loads and loads of football every day

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Is it improved coaching though? Are not most of the coaches just dads who have done a little course. I’d be interested to see how many coaches have even a c license which of itself doesn’t necessarily make you a good coach just like a drivers license doesn’t make you a good driver.
    I would replace improved coaching with structured coaching and then we can debate whether that actually helps or hinders development. What will develop kids is playing loads and loads of football every day
    I can absolutely vouch for the coaching.Of the coaches my son has had across the program,all but 1 have their C licence (min) and the one who didnt played at a really high level and was brilliant across all the parts of the program.For sure there are dads helping out at some clubs but most take it very very seriously and have high expectations on how their kids are being coached.Id bet that the longer it goes on the more incentive is put out there for coaches to get licences.That doesnt mean everything though ive seen a few coaches with the proper certificates who still have no idea how to teach kids.So it definitiely is a balance but for the most part coaches doing the right thing have been vital to any success the program is to have.

For the vast majority it is improved coaching with support from a dedicated SAP co-ordinator or technical director.
    There is also now a requirement for clubs to train a couple of times at the LMRFF to give NNSWF technical staff the opportunity to see how individual clubs and coaches are coaching the kids with a coach dedicated session after the training is finished. The intention of this is to ensure that the kids are being coached effectively and to provide advice or recommendations on how to improve.

The big difference here is community coaches need to be self motivated, knowledgeable & willing to seek improvement as the oversight and support at most community clubs is negligible.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    For the vast majority it is improved coaching with support from a dedicated SAP co-ordinator or technical director.
    There is also now a requirement for clubs to train a couple of times at the LMRFF to give NNSWF technical staff the opportunity to see how individual clubs and coaches are coaching the kids with a coach dedicated session after the training is finished. The intention of this is to ensure that the kids are being coached effectively and to provide advice or recommendations on how to improve.

The big difference here is community coaches need to be self motivated, knowledgeable & willing to seek improvement as the oversight and support at most community clubs is negligible.
    You have to work for NNSW if you actually believe that crap …

Banned
    Didnt say it was great coaching but much improved from a kick and chase non footballing parent even in high junior grades.

TDs are deliver greater knowledge to coaches through several clubs that ive seen but that raises another problem. TDs have varying ideas on how to best play the game. One club will ridicule what another does on multiple levels. So how do we know who is getting it right?
    Last edited by traffic light; 18-06-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Didnt say it was great coaching but much improved from a kick and chase non footballing parent even in high junior grades.

TDs are deliver greater knowledge to coaches through several clubs that ive seen but that raises another problem. TDs have varying ideas on how to best play the game. One club will ridicule what another does on multiple levels. So how do we know who is getting it right?
    I’m all for coming up with a curriculum based on the strengths of young Australian players rather than a European method that doesn’t suit us.
    I don’t see the point of playing 4 passes inside your own penalty area just for the sake of it. I don’t see the need to play 40 passes before having a shot, especially when 20 of them are backwards between the centre backs and the goalkeeper.
    Aussies are fit, fast, strong and tall. We should be pressing high and hard against teams that want to play out, win the ball high and play forward quickly to runners in behind. We shouldn’t be afraid of playing crosses into the box. It shouldn’t be considered bad play to score after 3 passes from the keeper. We can’t compete with the technical ability of the European teams.
    Just my opinion

Banned
    I’m all for coming up with a curriculum based on the strengths of young Australian players rather than a European method that doesn’t suit us.
    I don’t see the point of playing 4 passes inside your own penalty area just for the sake of it. I don’t see the need to play 40 passes before having a shot, especially when 20 of them are backwards between the centre backs and the goalkeeper.
    Aussies are fit, fast, strong and tall. We should be pressing high and hard against teams that want to play out, win the ball high and play forward quickly to runners in behind. We shouldn’t be afraid of playing crosses into the box. It shouldn’t be considered bad play to score after 3 passes from the keeper. We can’t compete with the technical ability of the European teams.
    Just my opinion
    For sure.
    Remember when the Jets youth had to play out EVERY time. farce.
    I think we can add 2 midfielders who are agile and technical. Weve had a few players in the past who can add this dimension to complement the tall physical attributes that we mainly have. Our technical deficiencies, imo, come from lack of in game practice. ie. Informal games on non training days.

maybe we dont have that hunger like other countries do?

Just my opinion
    I agree with everything you are saying here but the point is that none of this applies to what the JDL program is supposed to be about.Kids learn the 4 core skills, take that to their 13's coach and he/she teaches them tactics.JDL ages shouldnt ever be told how to play.they are only supposed to be told how to use their skills in a game situation.
    and yes that is an ideal world and not one coach in the program does it this way but the hope is that our fit fast strong kids of the next generation are more technically skilled than the previous lot.that way we get the best of both worlds.

For sure.
    Remember when the Jets youth had to play out EVERY time. farce.
    I think we can add 2 midfielders who are agile and technical. Weve had a few players in the past who can add this dimension to complement the tall physical attributes that we mainly have. Our technical deficiencies, imo, come from lack of in game practice. ie. Informal games on non training days.

maybe we dont have that hunger like other countries do?
    You’re questioning Hunger? This forum is full of parents over inflated egos hungry for success, the experts with no ideas and absolutely no clue at all.

Unless you were actually trying to be serious then becareful it’s about participation not winning and losing, you wouldn’t want a kid to have to much hunger or drive to improve or you’ll be labelled by the clowns in this forum. Don’t develop our strengths the text book doesn’t agree, don’t promote competition someone might get offended and above all don’t do extra sessions with quality coaches you’ll be a pushy parent. NNSW promote quantity over quality, appeal to the masses all in the aim of revenue.

Over to the muppets

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    You’re questioning Hunger? This forum is full of parents over inflated egos hungry for success, the experts with no ideas and absolutely no clue at all.

Unless you were actually trying to be serious then becareful it’s about participation not winning and losing, you wouldn’t want a kid to have to much hunger or drive to improve or you’ll be labelled by the clowns in this forum. Don’t develop our strengths the text book doesn’t agree, don’t promote competition someone might get offended and above all don’t do extra sessions with quality coaches you’ll be a pushy parent. NNSW promote quantity over quality, appeal to the masses all in the aim of revenue.

Over to the muppets
    Not the parents hunger, the kids. How many are really into it?

It's just much easier for Ozies to impress the mates by jamming a youtube channel with kickflips and wearing red speshay jogs then try to master this game.

Not the parents hunger, the kids. How many are really into it?

It's just much easier for Ozies to impress the mates by jamming a youtube channel with kickflips and wearing red speshay jogs then try to master this game.
    I lol’d I’m sad to say.

If not the above then more than happy to just watch big units run into each other for 80minutes.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

it appears more changes in the JDL coaching space with a club recently losing there TD after being hung out to dry by one of his coaches, can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by SAP SUPER COACH View Post
    it appears more changes in the JDL coaching space with a club recently losing there TD after being hung out to dry by one of his coaches, can anyone confirm?
    Absolutely no idea - Haven't heard of any TD changes since Maitland's earlier in the year.

Obviously too late for this year but I think most would agree that the phases and structure of the JDL this year has been disappointing to say the least. what is everyones thoughts on as a minimum that teams play for points in Phase 3 with the last weekend being a knockout. Think it would be great for these talented kids to experience the challenges faced with a win or a loss as long as its managed well - maybe NNSW could use their gradings as a way to measure and set up different pools of teams for this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by SAP SUPER COACH View Post
    what is everyones thoughts on as a minimum that teams play for points in Phase 3 with the last weekend being a knockout. Think it would be great for these talented kids to experience the challenges faced with a win or a loss as long as its managed well
    It already exists.Its called the U/12 Interdistrict comp.You should sign your kid up for that if thats what youre after.