Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Cycle 2 might be thrown out now due to Covid. Surely theyd have the Jets squad just about picked by now.
    Unfortunately I agree, I doubt anyone will be be back on the field any time soon.
    I feel bad for the kids who have just been selected and may miss out on their first cycle, especially considering the numbers drop down to a max of 10 kids in under 13's.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Edit - Never mind, I looked it up and found the link:
    https://northernnswfootball.com.au/w...2021-FINAL.pdf
    I find this bit funny

The NNSWF TSP’s will comprise of the most talented players in each respective age group
    within each region.
    Invitations to attend NNSWF State Team ID/Selection camps will primarily (but not
    exclusively) be made to players from the respective TSP hubs. These invitations will be
    guided through consultation with Premier Club TD’s, Member Zone TD’s, TSP Coaches and
    NNSWF Talent ID staff.
    NNSWF State Teams are selected through input from NNSWF State Team coaching staff at
    the following the NNSWF State Team ID/Selection program.
    Plenty of players in the nationals teams and TSP that didn't attend either the selection camp or identification camp.

Not to say it is a bad thing but Northern shouldn't put this out if they aren't going to follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Cycle 2 might be thrown out now due to Covid. Surely theyd have the Jets squad just about picked by now.
    I'm not even sure why they have it so late, there are meant to be 3 cycles of 10 weeks each. Cycle two was meant to start last week takes us through to middle of October. If they kick off Cycle 3 straight away last week will be finishing Friday 24th December.

They really should start TSP at the start of the season to get 30 weeks in

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I'm not even sure why they have it so late, there are meant to be 3 cycles of 10 weeks each. Cycle two was meant to start last week takes us through to middle of October. If they kick off Cycle 3 straight away last week will be finishing Friday 24th December.

To be fair, they didn't have the staff or organization in place early enough this year. Let's see how they roll it out in 2022. Like you I would be hoping they kick it off by the start of the season.
    Not sure about other age groups but I have definitely seen some Northern reps out this season watching games. Hopefully this means they are more prepared.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Banned

Definitely. Needs to be wrapped up by end of Term 3. The first term can be those who were identified end of previous year.

I find this bit funny

Plenty of players in the nationals teams and TSP that didn't attend either the selection camp or identification camp.

Not to say it is a bad thing but Northern shouldn't put this out if they aren't going to follow it.
    Yep. then you watch them play and have no idea why they are in there because they certainly don't stand out.

You can't then explain why the kids who missed out and went through the camp or ask for feedback - Doesn't provide a positive experience for any player who is serious about their football; and reinforces that football isn't about hard work or turning up day in and day out, its about the politics and off-field crap about "who you know".

And then all the football organisations wonder why we aren't producing world class footballers anymore - Because hard work will always win over natural talent when you have it all handed to you like that.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Yep. then you watch them play and have no idea why they are in there because they certainly don't stand out.

You can't then explain why the kids who missed out and went through the camp or ask for feedback - Doesn't provide a positive experience for any player who is serious about their football; and reinforces that football isn't about hard work or turning up day in and day out, its about the politics and off-field crap about "who you know".

And then all the football organisations wonder why we aren't producing world class footballers anymore - Because hard work will always win over natural talent when you have it all handed to you like that.
    I'm not going to go in to if any TSP players that are/were in the program should be in there or not. I've heard stuff about almost every playing in the 13s, 14s and 15s and which ones shouldn't be there but then I can see how technically gifted they are even if they have bad games. Could be due to size, due to the environment they are in at club level, and no doubt some who you know stuff going on.

My comment is more how Northern tells everyone what the process will be but then ignores that process. Bit of a joke really.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post

I know kids who have worked their arse off for years to get the opportunities that eventually came their way and then had to put up with the behind their back whispers that they only made it because of “who they know”. Jealousy has always been there and always will, especially in an environment that is totally subject to one persons opinion over another

Heard about this page and thought I’d expose that fraud of a club that is Olympic. Cut my son and his mates to make way for a large group of magic kids just to keep their new TD happy that I heard was sacked from magic and ex magic coach also sacked. What happened to developing kids in this space? Seems like Olympic are more worried about winning in this space rather then developing kids. What a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Unhappygreek View Post
    Heard about this page and thought I’d expose that fraud of a club that is Olympic. Cut my son and his mates to make way for a large group of magic kids just to keep their new TD happy that I heard was sacked from magic and ex magic coach also sacked. What happened to developing kids in this space? Seems like Olympic are more worried about winning in this space rather then developing kids. What a joke!
    Hahah standard Olympic. Heard few weeks ago they stacked a team so hard and had that many subs that the bench near broke. Father told me they still lost the game hahaha

Chin up mate you don’t want to be there anyway, I’m sure your kid will find a spot at a decent club.
    Last edited by Doopche; 24-08-2021 at 07:17 PM.

This thread gets better and better by the month ..
    If I was you unhappy Greek I would change my name to happy Greek . Leaving that club might be a blessing

Can I ask what age group this is ..
    As surly you would not be silly enough to leave a club that’s one of the strongest in the SAP space .
    Magic should expect a few Kids knocking on the door if there is spots available

Banned
    Sorry to hear. That is harsh but not surprising at this "level". If that happened to me I wouldnt want to be in a club that accepted the Tragic culture sliding on in anyway.

Try not to worry what colour shirt you wear. Many of the boys from most clubs know each other and respect each other. Find another club with a decent coach. Maybe take a mate with you.

My son is just coming to the end of year 4 in the JDL program.Sadly these stories have been part and parcel of the process all the way along and have been across many clubs.While your example if obviously personal its not the only one, the whole time its been littered with stories of continual recruitment rather than being satisfied with what clubs had .Just remember if your son (hopefully) goes on to play at another club he will be taking the spot of someone who was there before too.There is no easy answer to this,all I can say is that between the time they start til the time they finish playing at these types of levels pretty much every kid will go through getting cut or be out of favour at a particular club or under a particular coach.All you can do is keep him happy to play,find a spot where he will grow and every time he plays against that coach/td then show them what they are missing.

It’s JDL

Thanks for your support 🙏 my son is pretty upset we have started looking around but it’s tough with covid not being able to trial ,the worst thing is we were all told by the club weeks ago that all players were being kept for next season.
    Rumour has it the TD and this new coach are result driven !
    Does anyone know why they were sacked from their last club ?

Yes good points but tough telling 11 year olds, especially when the club had told parents their kids were being kept. I’m not sure of how many kids exactly but iv spoken to at least 6 who were told they didn’t have a spot anymore some kids have been here since 5 years old.

Geez , I hope Olympic finish top of the table if they want to upset and cut kids , especially taken kids from magic who are arch enemies…
    Oh wait stupid me there is no points ..🤦

Yes good points but tough telling 11 year olds, especially when the club had told parents their kids were being kept. I’m not sure of how many kids exactly but iv spoken to at least 6 who were told they didn’t have a spot anymore some kids have been here since 5 years old.
    Yes this is the behavior that needs calling out.Cutting kids for whatever reason is one thing,lying to them while clubs look around for something better is unforgivable.If the kid isnt wanted let them know early so they can find a spot for next year.Sadly this has happened at a few different clubs over my sons time and ive seen a lot of kids stranded.These instances should see penalties from NNSW in the hope of preventing it,but that seems a pie in the sky wish.My sons mate didnt make his clubs 13 NPL squad for next year,so has been filling in expressions of interest.He asked his club about trilaing with other clubs for next year and his current club has prevented him from doing so because they may have a spot come up if other kids dont take up the offer.To me thats not a way to treat kids either.For a program that has so many positives there are far too many coaches/tds and vocal parents who dont have the first clue about how to treat people.Sadly,the majority of kids want to be on a winning team and people will turn a blind eye to this stuff if it gives parents a chance to brag.

It’s very upsetting at JDL level like you mentioned as it’s meant to be development for these kids no points