Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    12s and 13s

Hearing reports of a Game Leader calling U10 players f ucking c unts during a game on the weekend even heard by parents. Obviously players on the visiting side not their side.

(Had to break up the words as not even this forum allows it)

Hearing reports of a Game Leader calling U10 players f ucking c unts during a game on the weekend even heard by parents. Obviously players on the visiting side not their side.

I don't even have words for that.

Let me be clear that whoever did this needs to be spoken to pretty sternly by his/her club and not be allowed anywhere near a kids game again (at the very least).I would also love to see clubs pull some of their more vocal parents into line as well,some of the crap i heard go down on the weekend towards a ref by both teams, both coaches and both benches was ridiculous.The ref wasnt doing a bad job it was clear most of those abusing had no idea of the rules.I saw one ref give a pen and then had to explain to everyone that yes 11 and 12's have pens now.When coaches and clubs dont communicate this stuff to parents it just adds to the frustration towards officials.Blame NNSW all they want for not providing proper refs but if your day consists of yelling over the fence at a volunteer ref at an under 11's game then you are a certain kind of cretin.As they get older everyone is feeling a much bigger sense of entitlement in this program and some are in for a very rude shock if they talk to officials like that once they make grade.
    But back to your original point lets hope this person is made an example of as far as behaviour from everyone is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Let me be clear that whoever did this needs to be spoken to pretty sternly by his/her club and not be allowed anywhere near a kids game again (at the very least).I would also love to see clubs pull some of their more vocal parents into line as well,some of the crap i heard go down on the weekend towards a ref by both teams, both coaches and both benches was ridiculous.The ref wasnt doing a bad job it was clear most of those abusing had no idea of the rules.I saw one ref give a pen and then had to explain to everyone that yes 11 and 12's have pens now.When coaches and clubs dont communicate this stuff to parents it just adds to the frustration towards officials.Blame NNSW all they want for not providing proper refs but if your day consists of yelling over the fence at a volunteer ref at an under 11's game then you are a certain kind of cretin.As they get older everyone is feeling a much bigger sense of entitlement in this program and some are in for a very rude shock if they talk to officials like that once they make grade.
    But back to your original point lets hope this person is made an example of as far as behaviour from everyone is concerned.
    💯 agree, parents who abuse referees need to have a long hard look at themselves. It’s embarrassing.

As for the language used by a game leader it’s also deplorable if true.

When do people get back to its junior sport, just because you pay more money for your child to play doesn’t give you the right to abuse anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    Anyone hearing anything of the schuffle at the Weston grounds on the weekend?
    For JDL game?

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    Yes
    I’ll give it up if parents are fighting at a under 10’s game. They don’t even keep score. If true they should be punted from the club. I get it punishes the kid but the parents might pull their head in when their kid has to find a new club and they realize the consequences for acting like a goose

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I’ll give it up if parents are fighting at a under 10’s game. They don’t even keep score. If true they should be punted from the club. I get it punishes the kid but the parents might pull their head in when their kid has to find a new club and they realize the consequences for acting like a goose
    Weston didn't have any games at home this weekend?
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Did any of that stuff really happen or is it the usual embellished Chinese whispers?
    At least 16 cop cars and the riot squad weren’t called

There was a altercation at LMFF Saturday for the under 10s match between Weston and Olympic coaches, not sure of the full details as i was a long way away

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    There was a altercation at LMFF Saturday for the under 10s match between Weston and Olympic coaches, not sure of the full details as i was a long way away
    This whole page.. I just ... no words, I can't even.

Well maybe, some words; Almost every coach I have had contact with in the JDL system has genuinely cared for their team, and most care for the opposition as well. This is just the way it should be.

I assume that any altercation took place in the presence of the children - surely both/all coaches are done coaching juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post

Well maybe, some words; Almost every coach I have had contact with in the JDL system has genuinely cared for their team, and most care for the opposition as well. This is just the way it should be.

I assume that any altercation took place in the presence of the children - surely both/all coaches are done coaching juniors.
    Its actually really simple, The TD for the JDL speaks to the parents. You are no longer allowed to come to games, you can drop your child off but you must leave and cannot stay. If you choose to ignore that rule, then we will also have to ask your child to leave as well. Has happened on occasion in the old system.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Its actually really simple, The TD for the JDL speaks to the parents. You are no longer allowed to come to games, you can drop your child off but you must leave and cannot stay. If you choose to ignore that rule, then we will also have to ask your child to leave as well. Has happened on occasion in the old system.
    Thanks Kitz - that is the way it was explained to me as well.

In the case that if it was coaches involved - in most cases the coach is also a parent - what would the process be?
    I know in our club coaches are asked to sign/agree-to a code of conduct - I assume there are also processes at NNSWF level.

Just such a distasteful situation all around.

Only pointing out facts from what i saw from the canteen. they were playing on 2A so you would understand it was some distant away, so unable to give the reason.

Yes the respective kids and there teams were present as they were warming up for kick off

Thanks Kitz - that is the way it was explained to me as well.

In the case that if it was coaches involved - in most cases the coach is also a parent - what would the process be?
    I know in our club coaches are asked to sign/agree-to a code of conduct - I assume there are also processes at NNSWF level.

Just such a distasteful situation all around.
    Correct as a Coach and a Parent within the system, i need to sign a agreement which involves conduct and my son also had to sign a player agreement

Yes the respective kids and there teams were present as they were warming up for kick off
    The fight was pre game?

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    The fight was pre game?
    i wouldn't say it was a physical fight, but there was a altercation that looked to be getting to the boiling point.

and yes pre game

Same process, remove the coach and ban them from attending, or depending on exactly what happened it may just be a first warning

i wouldn't say it was a physical fight, but there was a altercation that looked to be getting to the boiling point.

and yes pre game
    What weren’t they happy with the direction they were running.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    What weren’t they happy with the direction they were running.
    ball size