Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Probably best you don't call out people by name as it is one of the forum rules.

Answering your question though: He is still at Jaffa's but wasn't appointed in his role at the time that decision was made - The decision was made by his predecessor.
    Unfortunately your answer is incorrect. Richard made the selections and his predecessor signed off on it. It is fact not fiction. Might not have been officially in his role however was In charge of the selections and sap

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    Unfortunately your answer is incorrect. Richard made the selections and his predecessor signed off on it. It is fact not fiction. Might not have been officially in his role however was In charge of the selections and sap
    Heard it was the other way round but I dont I can be bothered worrying about it. Its done.

Be interesting to see how many of those lads end up in the Jests.

That contradicts everything we were told at the club in person at the end of 2019 & the direct correspondence received in the selection letters for 2020.
    It was all completed whilst the previous TD was still employed and whilst RH was still appointed at Newcastle Football.

But as Jim said, it's done and dusted. The kids at Jaffa's this year seem happy and are training hard in preparation for the season launch and that's all that matters.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

That contradicts everything we were told at the club in person at the end of 2019 & the direct correspondence received in the selection letters for 2020.
    It was all completed whilst the previous TD was still employed and whilst RH was still appointed at Newcastle Football.

But as Jim said, it's done and dusted. The kids at Jaffa's this year seem happy and are training hard in preparation for the season launch and that's all that matters.
    That’s the point the kids do seem happy it’s just disappointing to lose so many good juniors to other clubs. I know what was said by the club in person I heard it too, but what actually happened wasn’t said. Anyway it’s irrelevant now it’s done and hopefully junior football continues to improve across newcastle

That’s the point the kids do seem happy it’s just disappointing to lose so many good juniors to other clubs. I know what was said by the club in person I heard it too, but what actually happened wasn’t said. Anyway it’s irrelevant now it’s done and hopefully junior football continues to improve across newcastle
    People inside of the Jaffas did not act in the best interests of those kids and thats shameful.Sadly seeing a fair bit of 12's already its clear a lot of teams have thrown the book out and just want to win games this year.The whole point of the program has been lost except for the few teams that stuck solid with the core of their kids and sent them out to play football each week.Those teams will still win the majority of their games and end up in the best position in 13's next year.The clubs that continually took shortcuts or who made decisions that were not in the best interests of the kids will once again be left short and will spend the next few years recruiting kids from other clubs in order to catch up.The cycle continues.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    People inside of the Jaffas did not act in the best interests of those kids and thats shameful.Sadly seeing a fair bit of 12's already its clear a lot of teams have thrown the book out and just want to win games this year.The whole point of the program has been lost except for the few teams that stuck solid with the core of their kids and sent them out to play football each week.Those teams will still win the majority of their games and end up in the best position in 13's next year.The clubs that continually took shortcuts or who made decisions that were not in the best interests of the kids will once again be left short and will spend the next few years recruiting kids from other clubs in order to catch up.The cycle continues.
    Could not agree more, shameful is the best way it can be put and to double up on it, it wasn’t in the best interest of the club either. Get the feeling you may have been close to the situation also.

Some of the best 12s are already in 13s this year, the ones that aren’t will dominate the 12s and off to the Jets next year.

Constant player movement happens at all clubs at some time for many reasons. Worse when its a group.

In that mentioned case here may have been some parents that were shown the door and not necessarily about the kids.

The jostling from some parents at this "level" for their lad to seen as special has to be seen to be believed. Not just this sport though, its a cutthroat world to get to the top of politics and sport of which may become one.

I'd like to think that the level of play is improving in all youth footy over the past 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Disagree with this and partly not true. Keeping a whole u9s together for the feelgood factor is a joke.

Many kids who started 9s and in 10s werent in the league of kids that came through at 11s and 12s. Sure keep as many as possible but when these skillful kids from community football come trialing as they've just found out that SAP was a thing they clearly deserved a spot. Thats what SAP JDL was also about.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest;24***4
    Disagree with this and partly not true. Keeping a whole u9s together for the feelgood factor is a joke.

Many kids who started 9s and in 10s werent in the league of kids that came through at 11s and 12s. Sure keep as many as possible but when these skillful kids from community football come trialing as they've just found out that SAP was a thing they clearly deserved a spot. Thats what SAP JDL was also about.
    This is why I used the example I did and didnt pass it off as an overall policy.I also used the word 'core' which meant that of course some kids will move.Its not about feelgood,its about developing the kids and doing whats in their best interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post

The jostling from some parents at this "level" for their lad to seen as special has to be seen to be believed.
    Yes and this should be a concern for all involved.Ive seen so many laughable parents already in trial matches this year their kid has no hope of ever making it.Cheering and complaining about rulings in small sided training matches,yelling over the fence completely undermining coaches instructions,complaining post match to coaches about where their kid should be playing.None of it is helpful and will only drive out good people trying to help the kids out.
    Its funny though because there are some decent trolls on here complaining of the way we speak about our kids and take an interest in their sport.Hopefully they never actually get to any matches because they would owe us all an apology once they find out who the real nut cases are.What im seeing now is so much different from the first year of the program and I find it all a bit sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest;24***4

Never once talked about the feel good factor, totally understand there is always someone better and other kids will be knocking that’s junior sport. You mentioned in a previous comment about parents, I do understand some parents out there are unrealistic but to be honest I am talking about this case only and not In general. The parent group we are referring to with this group of kids from 9s - 11s in the main, you couldn’t have asked for a nicer bunch of parents or kids to be honest, much to the disgust of people involved with the club.

What is disappointing is when ill informed people pass judgment when clearly they have no idea.

And just an FYI Jaffas haven’t held trials for the past 2 years in the age group of these boys, some talented boys were identified and brought in for the U11s and others brought in when people chose to leave. The U12s added a second team and then a large number 5-6 from the U11s chose to leave requiring the club to source even more players.
    Last edited by Arsenal222; 10-03-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222;24***9
    Never once talked about the feel good factor, totally understand there is always someone better and other kids will be knocking thatÂ’s junior sport. You mentioned in a previous comment about parents, I do understand some parents out there are unrealistic but to be honest I am talking about this case only and not In general. The parent group we are referring to with this group of kids from 9s - 11s in the main, you couldnÂ’t have asked for a nicer bunch of parents or kids to be honest, much to the disgust of people involved with the club.

What is disappointing is when ill informed people pass judgment when clearly they have no idea.

And just an FYI Jaffas havenÂ’t held trials for the past 2 years in the age group of these boys, some talented boys were identified and brought in for the U11s and others brought in when people chose to leave. The U12s added a second team and then a large number 5-6 from the U11s chose to leave requiring the club to source even more players.
    It might be handy to reference calendar years with the ages. You’ve jumped between various age groups in the same paragraph and in the end I have no idea which age group you’re actually referring to.
    Was it all about 2021 12’s or are you referring to 2021 11’s as well?

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

It might be handy to reference calendar years with the ages. You’ve jumped between various age groups in the same paragraph and in the end I have no idea which age group you’re actually referring to.
    Was it all about 2021 12’s or are you referring to 2021 11’s as well?
    The current 2021 12s

Cheers for the clarification

By Disgruntled JAFFAS parents

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    By Disgruntled JAFFAS parents
    Sounds more like a discussion to me. And an insight into what can happen at clubs. Always one to try and inflame things.

Interesting to see how all the kids handle the small sided stuff this weekend.
    Shouldnt be too difficult as this is how most would train anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Interesting to see how all the kids handle the small sided stuff this weekend.
    Shouldnt be too difficult as this is how most would train anyway.
    watching our kids and a few other clubs train on them over the last few weeks i think the 9/10s well be ok with the 5 a side games, but the 11/12s with 6 players each just seems so crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by sideline88 View Post
    watching our kids and a few other clubs train on them over the last few weeks i think the 9/10s well be ok with the 5 a side games, but the 11/12s with 6 players each just seems so crowded.
    We're going in very cold. Weather has meant lots of washouts and when we did manage to train it was in long grass. Not conducive to getting ready for synthetic.
    Our 11s teams are playing with (at most) 1 sub.. meanwhile our U9s and 10s are playing with sometimes 7! subs.

I'm trying to put a good spin on this for the kids, but this whole thing feels off. Going by our draw for the next 3 weeks it looks like we've been kinda/sorta graded already.. not sure how it looks for other teams.

Looks like the weather is holding, hopefully after the next 3 weeks I'll be back here saying I was wrong and that it was awesome and so clear what NNSWF were trying to do...

Quote Originally Posted by scowling View Post
    Going by our draw for the next 3 weeks it looks like we've been kinda/sorta graded already.. not sure how it looks for other teams.
    It’s consistent across the age groups.
    1 or 2 games out of the 6 seem to be random but for the majority it’s clear they are playing teams estimated to be at the same level already.

How’s everyone’s 5v5 and 6v6 experiences go? As expected lots of boys sitting on the bench as much as playing. The heat also threw a spanner in the works today with game cancellations.

Was I the only one who refused to spend money at the centre today out of spite?