Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Hi guys.

It's been a drink or two since i stepped foot in this here forum. Glad to see you are all as passionate as ever... although some of the recent insults are very unnecessary.

I would love to hear how any of the girls SAP parents are finding their experiences this season? My niece is enjoying it but wishes the Emerging Jets system did not fall away. She found the Jets training and games v boys team far more challenging then what is on offer this year.

Some of her former teammates have been give opportunities with boys teams but it is a tough road for a girl settling in around preadolescent boys.

Wud be great to know how others are getting on?

A

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hi guys.

It's been a drink or two since i stepped foot in this here forum. Glad to see you are all as passionate as ever... although some of the recent insults are very unnecessary.

I would love to hear how any of the girls SAP parents are finding their experiences this season? My niece is enjoying it but wishes the Emerging Jets system did not fall away. She found the Jets training and games v boys team far more challenging then what is on offer this year.

Some of her former teammates have been give opportunities with boys teams but it is a tough road for a girl settling in around preadolescent boys.

Wud be great to know how others are getting on?

A
    I think it will take a couple of seasons for the program to settle in, seems a little all over the shop - and there's not many 10s teams as there's quite a few 10s playing 11s - 11s playing 12s - 12's playing 13s WPL - I think girls football is a bit different from the boys in general because the develop and grow at different times.

Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    Definitely 4 from Olympic and 3 from Valentine
    Didn't Olympic have 6+ kids in TSP in 2019. They definitely seem like the stand out club in the Under 12's, Only asking because I was surprised they only have 4.

How many kids were selected, 18-20?
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    7 of the kids selected play up. It’s good to see some clubs promoting quality
    Did the boys have to be registered in Under 12's and just play up every week anyway?

Looking through the revised rules for playing up from the start of this year it doesn't exactly seem clear.

In previous years it wasn't even allowed for 12's to play up if I am not mistaken.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Did the boys have to be registered in Under 12's and just play up every week anyway?

Looking through the revised rules for playing up from the start of this year it doesn't exactly seem clear.

In previous years it wasn't even allowed for 12's to play up if I am not mistaken.
    Pretty sure the kids at Edgeworth and Maitland playing up are in the NPL 13's squads and not part of any JDL program.Regardless,well done to all the lads that made it.No doubt there will be kids in the program that felt hard done by but to be honest TSP isnt going to be the difference between making it and not making it.All the good kids will end up exactly where they are destined to be im sure of that.TSP is a good recognition for kids that are clearly the top of the pile but its not going to cost anyone a chance of making it if they didnt get in this year.

Didn't Olympic have 6+ kids in TSP in 2019. They definitely seem like the stand out club in the Under 12's, Only asking because I was surprised they only have 4.

How many kids were selected, 18-20?
    They lost a player to an NPL team this year, definitely the standout club in 12s, could have easily filled 8 places.

This is the first year premier clubs have had 9s-first grade, now the gap has closed moving players up is much easier.

Also helps level out the JDL program by moving the better players up an challenging them.

I found this that clears it up:

Age Restrictions - General
    With clubs having the full range of age groups from 9s to 16s available in the youth programs, players will
    be able to move between grades, up to a maximum of two years, until they turn 15 years old.

A couple of examples are below:
    • A player at an NPL or NL1 club turning 11, currently playing for the Premier 11s will be able to
    • step up to both the Premier 12s and the NPL / NL1 13s, without seeking an exemption.
    • A player at a WPL club currently playing Premier 12s will be able to step up to WPL 13s, but will
    • not be able to play WPL15s without seeking an exemption;
    • A player 15 years or older can play in any age grade from 15 years and above

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    I think it will take a couple of seasons for the program to settle in, seems a little all over the shop - and there's not many 10s teams as there's quite a few 10s playing 11s - 11s playing 12s - 12's playing 13s WPL - I think girls football is a bit different from the boys in general because the develop and grow at different times.
    Hi Kitz,

Yes you echo my thoughts. I have seen some good soccer played this year mainly in U12's but I do wonder if SAP across all the girls age groups is sustainable. Will those teams running 11's and 12's only this year have 11's next when they didn't run 10's this year? If yes where are these players coming from? Most filled their teams will as many or association team girls players as they could. Without these systems to pluck players from i worry that numbers will be down next year.

A

I found this that clears it up:

Age Restrictions - General
    With clubs having the full range of age groups from 9s to 16s available in the youth programs, players will
    be able to move between grades, up to a maximum of two years, until they turn 15 years old.

A couple of examples are below:
    • A player at an NPL or NL1 club turning 11, currently playing for the Premier 11s will be able to
    • step up to both the Premier 12s and the NPL / NL1 13s, without seeking an exemption.
    • A player at a WPL club currently playing Premier 12s will be able to step up to WPL 13s, but will
    • not be able to play WPL15s without seeking an exemption;
    • A player 15 years or older can play in any age grade from 15 years and above
    11's to 13's is a big step up. Particularly in size but if the club think they are ready then give a it go.

Also, There may be some advantage to play for a "weaker" club as there may be more opportunities to play up or have extra games which could be a quicker development situation.

Northern banned it for the 2020 season (though some NPL clubs got exemptions, once again Northern not following their own rules) but now allow players to play up to two years above. Unless you''re 15 or over then you can play as many grades up as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Northern banned it for the 2020 season (though some NPL clubs got exemptions, once again Northern not following their own rules) but now allow players to play up to two years above. Unless you''re 15 or over then you can play as many grades up as you want.
    You really do talk shit, it was never banned. It has always been by application until this season when the JDL meet the NPL. The exemptions granted last year were mainly to the former Jets academy players that went to NPL when they folded the U12s as they went to the Sydney comp.

Always has to be someone try to blame northern, you’re in club land stop grasping at straws and pouring shit on NNSW when it’s not the facts
    Last edited by Take it easy; 18-05-2021 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    They lost a player to an NPL team this year, definitely the standout club in 12s, could have easily filled 8 places.
    When we play against Olympic they are just well drilled and organised and yes they have 1 or 2 players in each 12s team which are there go to players. When we play we dont see them as a team of stars but beat us with excellent football. This is just the same at Broadmeadow with only 1 or 2 standouts but play good football and belt other teams or grind out good teams week in and out. Surprised with the number of valentine players who were selected considering there results along with the Edgeworth selections.
    IMO The 13s selections from a few clubs will get found out as non skillful and just dominant personalities and faults are hidden on the bigger parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    IMO The 13s selections from a few clubs will get found out as non skillful and just dominant personalities and faults are hidden on the bigger parks.
    Thats why we need trials. NPL 13s centre back leaked a few goals playing against his own age group u12s in Hunter trials this week. U12s CB (HV team) from the other team was better.

Guess who got picked?

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    Thats why we need trials. NPL 13s centre back leaked a few goals playing against his own age group u12s in Hunter trials this week. U12s CB (HV team) from the other team was better.

Guess who got picked?
    But then arent you limiting it to a one game sample size?Is that any fairer than the current system?Coaches and TD's know their players and the level they should be at to get into these programs.If they get nominated but not picked then so be it, its not the end of the world for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    But then arent you limiting it to a one game sample size?Is that any fairer than the current system?Coaches and TD's know their players and the level they should be at to get into these programs.If they get nominated but not picked then so be it, its not the end of the world for anyone.
    The whole argument is flawed and I agree with you coaches and TDs know the kids best. The club picks its best team to play in the NPL 13s from the pool they have to chose from at their trials, yes some clubs pick players to play up a year because they were in the top 13-14 players at THEIR trials doesn’t necessarily mean they are the best U12s in newcastle.

We’ve played against all clubs, it’s known who the 12s kids are and most hold their own with a couple of actual standouts. Our side is strong across the park and didn’t have room for a 12s player but I’m certainly not against seeing the 12s get their opportunity. Pick the best kids available to you regardless of age.
    Last edited by Take it easy; 19-05-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Banned

this is incorrect on many levels and as stated above showing that TDs opinions can be quite subjective. Remember if the 13s arent strong most 12s can fill in.

Seeing the players together and opposing gives the best picture.

Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    this is incorrect on many levels and as stated above showing that TDs opinions can be quite subjective.
    Explain how this incorrect on many levels.Also, your opinion (as well as mine) on players is just as subjective as TD's and coaches.What you are looking for and what they want may be two completely different things.Ill put more faith in them at the moment unless you can convince me otherwise.

Explain how this incorrect on many levels.Also, your opinion (as well as mine) on players is just as subjective as TD's and coaches.What you are looking for and what they want may be two completely different things.Ill put more faith in them at the moment unless you can convince me otherwise.
    what they need to report on is how many of them after TSP / Jets etc play senior football. Who they pick is irrelevant if none of those kids are having any success in their development at the end of it all. Also, how many of those who miss out on TSP still play senior football and if being in one has no bearing on the other occurring (which to me would be a big statement about football development in NNSW).

Ive seen one out of TSP at fifteen that was a GK now playing on the field in the 16's - to me that's not a success in the program - just one example but I'm sure if people look hard enough they will see kids falling out all over the place. Obviously people don't think that far ahead until their kids start getting older from a SAP perspective - but something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    what they need to report on is how many of them after TSP / Jets etc play senior football. Who they pick is irrelevant if none of those kids are having any success in their development at the end of it all. Also, how many of those who miss out on TSP still play senior football and if being in one has no bearing on the other occurring (which to me would be a big statement about football development in NNSW).

Ive seen one out of TSP at fifteen that was a GK now playing on the field in the 16's - to me that's not a success in the program - just one example but I'm sure if people look hard enough they will see kids falling out all over the place. Obviously people don't think that far ahead until their kids start getting older from a SAP perspective - but something to consider.
    All fair points.My post was only about TDs and coaches having the better opinion and using the largest sample size available.Its clear those opinions are very different in even such a small space as NNSW.TSP is just another program to try and develop the kids in the same way that JDL is a way to develop them as opposed to traditional community football.None of these pathways is the correct one,especially at this age as these kids coming through will be the first graduates of the new system.Hopefully NNSW continually tweaks the program every year in order to make it even better.Kids will drop out, kids will come from outside the program and all of it is fine.Wherever kids end up,either Jets/NPL or All Age with their mates, I just want them to give it their best and not think that if they havent been selected at 12 for some extra training thats its all over.