Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 670

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    147
    Winning should be the focus. We must keep a ladder so all can see it. We want to know who the best clubs are so we can enrol our kids there. Trophies are important but not participation trophies. Trophies that recognise winners is what competition is all about. Being the best and standing out from the crowd is what it’s all about and this is where you all have it wrong. ‘Winners are grinners’ are not just empty words. Kids who win are happier than kids who lose. What I would encourage you all to do is get your kid into the best possible club their ability will allow them to and when they get good enough get them to a better club. Is development important? You bet it is but it will happen a lot quicker when your kid is happy because they are in a winning team.

    Please note: the above message is my own and is not endorsed by Newcastle Olympic in any way.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by captain_carl View Post
    winning should be the focus. We must keep a ladder so all can see it. We want to know who the best clubs are so we can enrol our kids there. Trophies are important but not participation trophies. Trophies that recognise winners is what competition is all about. Being the best and standing out from the crowd is what it’s all about and this is where you all have it wrong. ‘winners are grinners’ are not just empty words. Kids who win are happier than kids who lose. What i would encourage you all to do is get your kid into the best possible club their ability will allow them to and when they get good enough get them to a better club. Is development important? You bet it is but it will happen a lot quicker when your kid is happy because they are in a winning team.

    Please note: The above message is my own and is not endorsed by newcastle olympic in any way.
    you have serious issues

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Winning should be the focus. We must keep a ladder so all can see it. We want to know who the best clubs are so we can enrol our kids there. Trophies are important but not participation trophies. Trophies that recognise winners is what competition is all about. Being the best and standing out from the crowd is what it’s all about and this is where you all have it wrong. ‘Winners are grinners’ are not just empty words. Kids who win are happier than kids who lose. What I would encourage you all to do is get your kid into the best possible club their ability will allow them to and when they get good enough get them to a better club. Is development important? You bet it is but it will happen a lot quicker when your kid is happy because they are in a winning team.

    Please note: the above message is my own and is not endorsed by Newcastle Olympic in any way.
    Pretty much sums up most parents on here

  4. #64
    Senior Member Aegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Valentine
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Pretty much sums up most parents on here
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

    "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Pretty much sums up most parents on here
    Look everyone the misery bus has turned up.
    Shouldn't you be out yelling at 5G towers or something?
    What a sad old prick you are.
    Leave these people alone its pretty much the most respectful thread on here apart from when clowns like you turn up.

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Pretty much sums up most parents on here
    I am not a parent. Nobody understands the game like I do so I just like to help lead people in the right direction.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Please note: the above message is my own and is not endorsed by Newcastle Olympic in any way.
    You have nothing to do with Olympic so why would they?

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post

    Hopefully people start to understand the weeks of training x cost of how it actually works out over the year, I still think its decent value vs dancing / gymnastics - ie 2 sessions of gym a week is about $250 a term, x 4 terms = $1000), Im actually paying less for football this year than I did in the last 2 for gymnastics.
    That may just mean that gymnastics is overpriced as well

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I agree this is a point most people dont get.Overall its costing about $10 per session (including games and training) for our kid to get great coaching, great exercise, a chance to meet and compete with really talented kids, experience a team environment, understand the expectations of being in an organisation and do something they love on the best facilities the city has to offer.
    Provided you get all that, the club I was talking about pays $15/player/year for the training grounds, I'm not sure on the coach but we were just talking about how difficult it is to find coaches for JDL and some are just parents with a Skill Training Certificate. Everything else an U9 girl can get that playing community

  10. #70
    Senior Member Aegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Valentine
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    That may just mean that gymnastics is overpriced as well
    Still cheaper than Dancing....
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

    "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    hunter
    Posts
    320
    Being a parent of a JDL player and also a JDL coach, my opinion might be biased. but i believe there are some quality parents/JDL coaches out there.

    Yes in a ideal world it would be great to have coaches in all age groups that are not a parent.

    but realistically it is not possible. you are going to struggle to find many coaches with the quality you need and that are willing to commit to 3-4 days a week.

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    Being a parent of a JDL player and also a JDL coach, my opinion might be biased. but i believe there are some quality parents/JDL coaches out there.

    Yes in a ideal world it would be great to have coaches in all age groups that are not a parent.

    but realistically it is not possible. you are going to struggle to find many coaches with the quality you need and that are willing to commit to 3-4 days a week.
    90% of the time, the coaches with the qualifications and certificates of higher levels filter down from the top. So your NPL will get the most qualified, then a TD role, then NPL grades, NPL youth etc. I’d be seriously impressed if any JDL clubs had a few coaches with more than the bare minimum.

    Imo, seems like the perfect opportunity for mum and dads who fancy giving coaching a go, to get some support (hopefully), structure, a group
    of kids who are interested in the game, and ability to build their knowledge and give coaching a go. Seems a more realistic/supportive environment than what community may be like. (Yeh, some clubs give support, but vast majority collect their shirts and balls and away they go).

    I guess time will tell, but the last few years I’ve asked questions as to what this program wants to be. It may be a simple thing, but changing it from a “program” to a “league” kind of tells me it intends to become an extension of NPL Youth and replace the old SYL or Macquarie, NPS and HV development leagues. I’m curious to hear how teams approach it this year and how long games remain being an “extension of training” and opportunity to practice what they’ve learnt without results and a table.

  13. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    hunter
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    90% of the time, the coaches with the qualifications and certificates of higher levels filter down from the top. So your NPL will get the most qualified, then a TD role, then NPL grades, NPL youth etc. I’d be seriously impressed if any JDL clubs had a few coaches with more than the bare minimum.

    Imo, seems like the perfect opportunity for mum and dads who fancy giving coaching a go, to get some support (hopefully), structure, a group
    of kids who are interested in the game, and ability to build their knowledge and give coaching a go. Seems a more realistic/supportive environment than what community may be like. (Yeh, some clubs give support, but vast majority collect their shirts and balls and away they go).

    I guess time will tell, but the last few years I’ve asked questions as to what this program wants to be. It may be a simple thing, but changing it from a “program” to a “league” kind of tells me it intends to become an extension of NPL Youth and replace the old SYL or Macquarie, NPS and HV development leagues. I’m curious to hear how teams approach it this year and how long games remain being an “extension of training” and opportunity to practice what they’ve learnt without results and a table.
    Completely agree, i know from the club i am involved in winning isn't everything and we apply a rotating roster to teach kids how to play all over the park. It has become obvious that some bigger clubs don't do this and pick players on a particular position or constantly play them in there strongest position. To me that is still focusing on a win at all cost.

    but with saying that i have always been a believer that kids need to learn to win and learn to lose the right way. because when they do reach the age of winning is important some kids (and parents) just don't know how to do either one respectfully

    there needs to be a rethink on how we can achieve both competitions aligned with how Australian football is played (final series) but also achieve the development of the kids

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post


    Winning should be the focus. We must keep a ladder so all can see it. We want to know who the best clubs are so we can enrol our kids there. Trophies are important but not participation trophies. Trophies that recognise winners is what competition is all about. Being the best and standing out from the crowd is what it’s all about and this is where you all have it wrong. ‘Winners are grinners’ are not just empty words. Kids who win are happier than kids who lose. What I would encourage you all to do is get your kid into the best possible club their ability will allow them to and when they get good enough get them to a better club. Is development important? You bet it is but it will happen a lot quicker when your kid is happy because they are in a winning team.

    Please note: the above message is my own and is not endorsed by Newcastle Olympic in any way.
    Not sure he's a parent or if he is I'm seriously questioning his mental state and if he should be reported to social services. His comments across all of the boards are questionable and seem to have completely lost the plot, so he's either a troll or has serious mental health issues that need addressing. Like who would come here just to post rubbish like that? Could you not find a more productive way to live your life?

    Its also worth noting that some of the boys at nationals camp in January were NOT from teams at the top of the table, anyone with a kid in football knows that development in football is much more than "winning games".

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    hunter
    Posts
    320
    As a coach that has played alot of football within the NPL/New Fm and Zone leagues i believe i have the requirements without the course.

    That said i have done all course up till the C licenses recently and they really help you adapt your knowledge to a different style of teaching specially kids and with a combination i believe as a coach regardless if i am a parent or not will be a high standard for the kids and the parent will be happy with (once again only my opinion and could be biased)

  16. #76
    Senior Member Aegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Valentine
    Posts
    953
    Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    Being a parent of a JDL player and also a JDL coach, my opinion might be biased. but i believe there are some quality parents/JDL coaches out there.

    Yes in a ideal world it would be great to have coaches in all age groups that are not a parent.

    but realistically it is not possible. you are going to struggle to find many coaches with the quality you need and that are willing to commit to 3-4 days a week.
    Thank you for committing your time and effort into supporting the kids development. I don't believe you coaches get thanked enough for doing what you do week in week out.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

    "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

  17. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Thank you for committing your time and effort into supporting the kids development. I don't believe you coaches get thanked enough for doing what you do week in week out.
    agreed!

  18. #78
    Senior Member Aegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Valentine
    Posts
    953
    How are all the kids pre-seasons going?

    The clubs have had different approaches depending on who you speak to.

    Edgy & Magic running intra club trial games over the weekend.
    Jaffa's travelling to Sydney & Forster in consecutive weekends.
    New teams such as Cooks Hill and West Wallsend playing some good games against NPL clubs.
    Central Coast United and potentially Mid North Coast added to the leagues this season?
    New Lambton almost having to start over again in the 11's and 12's due to players leaving?
    Maitland going all in on the A and B squad format.
    Adamstown WPL getting loads of games in as well but I haven't heard a peep about the boys squads.

    Lots of confusion around the Speers Point 5's pre-season(Grading? Assessment? whatever it is going to be) games with whispers some clubs requested to withdraw but were told by NNSWF they had to participate.

    How have the 11's squads adapted to the 9 players on the field?
    Are the 12's looking too cramped on the small sided fields?
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

    "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

  19. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    hunter
    Posts
    320
    I do not agree to the 5s pre season thing there trying to do.

    why would you grade teams with less players on smaller field not like anything they would play on the weekend? makes no sense to me

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    238
    I have seen a few trials for 11s and 12s so far.Only a small sample size but 11's seem to be the sweet spot for the 1/2 field 9 v 9.The 12's I saw all looked a bit cramped and there was a lot of direct football which is getting away from the point of the program but thats for another debate.Wouldnt surprise me to see 12's moved to a bigger field in future years.
    No one at our club seemed to know what the go was with the Speers Point 5 a side thing either.Have seen a lot of familiar faces pop up in different coloured shirts this year already which was probably bound to happen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •