Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Also, the Jets choose squads of 16?
    That’s a lot of bench time for some kids.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    Not wrong but there’s a couple of clubs this year that have supplied the bulk

In the 13s
    Magic x 5-6
    Olympic x 4
    Maitland x 4
    Valo x 2

Doesn’t say much for the development programs at other clubs nothing from Jaffas , Edgy, Weston, Charlestown
    Should look at the numbers taken across all grades before talking about development at other clubs or lack thereof

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Yes, if the clubs mentioned continually don’t have players progress to the Jets.

It cannot be based solely off the first year of the program where clubs have had control over development.

Charlestown, Edgy & Jaffa’s are all stronger in this years 11’s than this years 12’s so it will be interesting to see if the numbers are consistent at the end of next year.

Hopefully as the program progresses more parents will see that they don’t need to go to the strong NPL clubs to see their kids progress.
    Fair indication of who got their JDL/SAP programs rights. Jaffas will have a strong 13s next year thanks to other clubs developing players for them. Edgy have made huge strides to improving and developing their program and will be a leader in the space. So all is not lost it’s just an indication.

Fair indication of who got their JDL/SAP programs rights. Jaffas will have a strong 13s next year thanks to other clubs developing players for them. Edgy have made huge strides to improving and developing their program and will be a leader in the space. So all is not lost it’s just an indication.
    I love how you agreed with me but still managed to get an anti-Jaffa’s jab in there. Well done

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

After watching the same kids for 4 years now my opinion is Magic and Olympic consistently played the best football.Maitland has been the biggest improver.Jaffas were the biggest rollercoaster (one of the best,lost the plot,back to some really good football).I never liked how Edgeworth played but their team was successful if wins mattered.New Lambton fell off the earth after being one of the better teams.The rest all had a few really good players but all seem to be relying on recruits from outside their group for 13's onwards.The one constant is that good coaches made good football and as parents thats where we should all be pointing our kids from 13's upward.Wins now matter but development is still primary and the really good coaches in the program know this and preach it.
    One other thing regarding the Jets congratulations to the kids that got picked.It sounds like some good ones missed out but its always going to be the case.13's NPL next year should be interesting to see how the first crop of SAP kids go.Hopefully the kids know that there is still a long road ahead and to keep on getting better whether they are in the team coming first or the team coming last.

I love how you agreed with me but still managed to get an anti-Jaffa’s jab in there. Well done
    Magic dont develop all of those kids either. Many go there from other clubs later so they get seen by the selectors.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Magic dont develop all of those kids either. Many go there from other clubs later so they get seen by the selectors.
    That’s a strange statement. Why do selectors go to magic to see the players then? Maybe it’s because they are good at producing good players? Or is it maybe the kids want to play with other good kids that magic have already developed which in return makes them play better? Wether it’s magic or Olympic, how is it their fault that parents want to take their kids to these teams? People want to take their son/daughter there as they had the best chance of getting noticed like you said the selectors always gravitate to those clubs for talent. Wether they have the better coaches or just have a knack for developing players. Like someone wrote over 20 in last few years compared to jaffas who don’t have so many. Not having a crack at jaffas but just mentioned them as they have a strong seniors but juniors not so good.
    I’m just stating the obvious.

Doesn’t say much for the development programs at other clubs nothing from Jaffas , Edgy, Weston, Charlestown
    For what its worth from what I've been told looks like about 4 or 5 of the Jets 13s started their SAP development at the clubs you've mentioned above (and one other inner city club).

Maybe the bigger question is why such good players felt the need to leave their original clubs in the first place.

Banned
    Olympic coaches quitting in SAP space already. From what I’m hearing it’s shambles, players leaving left right in lower age groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    Olympic coaches quitting in SAP space already. From what I’m hearing it’s shambles, players leaving left right in lower age groups.
    Friends have told me they had an U9s coach who was not very nice and now gone to Magic

Banned
    9s and 10s coaches I heard. I haven’t heard anything about Magic hiring an Olympic coach. Unless maybe the coaches kid has gone there.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    Friends have told me they had an U9s coach who was not very nice and now gone to Magic
    Correct about coach not nice. Screaming at 8 yr olds & touchline tantrums makes u unpopular real quick. Something also about his g/friend son getting axed too.

No loss @ all from what i told.

Another Magic player to the Jets, this time a player from the U11s being selected in the Jets U13s... Premier Youth Development Club!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Something also about his g/friend son getting axed too.

No loss @ all from what i told.
    That’s a bit harsh don’t you think? Let’s not get personal here with kids abilities. This is the problem with this forum. Most of you wouldn’t write the crap you write if real names were attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    That’s a bit harsh don’t you think? Let’s not get personal here with kids abilities. This is the problem with this forum. Most of you wouldn’t write the crap you write if real names were attached to it.
    Werent talking about the kid being no loss. Saying the coach no loss. Dont know the kid but know parents who been around the coach. As i said no loss.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Another Magic player to the Jets, this time a player from the U11s being selected in the Jets U13s... Premier Youth Development Club!!!
    That’s a fair effort. So going off the old posts that age group has lost another talented player. Which team was he from if you don’t mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    That’s a fair effort. So going off the old posts that age group has lost another talented player. Which team was he from if you don’t mind me asking?
    From the team whose coach wasn't "moved on"...

Now 2 spots available to join the U12s, invitations to trial to be send soon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    I'm amazed at that selection, the lad is a good young player to be sure. You can't fault his or his parents commitment in the amount of travel they do. But did he deserve that spot above kids in their own age group or above kids that have been selected to play up an age group and stand out consistently?

I haven't seen the full selection list but if he was chosen ahead of the lad from Olympic who plays up every week and is an extremely effective player I'll be gob smacked.

There'll be lot's of under 12 kids feeling very hard done by right now.

I'm amazed at that selection, the lad is a good young player to be sure. You can't fault his or his parents commitment in the amount of travel they do. But did he deserve that spot above kids in their own age group or above kids that have been selected to play up an age group and stand out consistently?

I haven't seen the full selection list but if he was chosen ahead of the lad from Olympic who plays up every week and is an extremely effective player I'll be gob smacked.

The selection process is a disgrace, the kids I’ve heard that have missed for some of those who have gotten in is an embarrassment to those who selected the squad.

Some names I’ve seen are out and out the best kids in the age no question but some are obviously a favour to a person or a club.

Some very good quality players have missed selection.

The boy you refer to from Olympic is one of the most talented kids I have seen for a long time and if anyone was selected from the age below he would easily be number one if it was a genuine selection process.

I have no sour grapes as I’m not affected by it but from the outside looking in the 13s haven’t all been selected on merit.

For once I can finally agree with you. As painful as this is, you are 100% on the money with the comments.