Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

And here they are, the ugly side of football raises its head again. Salty parents carrying on. I guess you all must know more than a guy that’s played for Holland. Kew should have just asked people in this forum who to pick in the team.

Parents on here really dont need to be bagging the selection of 12 years old kids who have just achieved something really cool.Heaps of kids will be upset to miss out and thats fine.But some of the unexpected selections i heard are really talented kids and maybe they are there because they fill a specific skill set rather than just picking the best 16 centre mids and strikers.The jets need to be a team,temperament matters,coachability matters and it looks like thats what they tried to do.If you dont agree,ok but bagging out selectors and kids is pathetic.As Doopche said,id trust the selector more than random internet parents.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Parents on here really dont need to be bagging the selection of 12 years old kids who have just achieved something really cool.Heaps of kids will be upset to miss out and thats fine.But some of the unexpected selections i heard are really talented kids and maybe they are there because they fill a specific skill set rather than just picking the best 16 centre mids and strikers.The jets need to be a team,temperament matters,coachability matters and it looks like thats what they tried to do.If you dont agree,ok but bagging out selectors and kids is pathetic.As Doopche said,id trust the selector more than random internet parents.
    Have a year or two in the NPL space before you make your mind up about how you think football works in Newcastle. I can tell you across age groups there's some that have had suspensions and others have been repeatably pulled up on behaviour. It is just best to put no weight on the selections and progress football away from being worried about selections like this. Its nice if it happens but it often doesn't mean someone is a better footballer than someone else. It's just football in Newcastle.

We haemorrhage absolutely great footballers because of the belief that to "make" it they have to be selected by the jets. We need to sell a different story in Newcastle, and we need to start selling it soon with the amount of teams increasing in this space and players dropping out as they get older (even more so in the women's football space).

When people ask I often link it to a 100m race in athletics, you know you lost if you come second or third because simply the other person was faster on the day. In football, you can come first and the person waving from the stands gets selected.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Have a year or two in the NPL space before you make your mind up about how you think football works in Newcastle. I can tell you across age groups there's some that have had suspensions and others have been repeatably pulled up on behaviour. It is just best to put no weight on the selections and progress football away from being worried about selections like this. Its nice if it happens but it often doesn't mean someone is a better footballer than someone else. It's just football in Newcastle.

We haemorrhage absolutely great footballers because of the belief that to "make" it they have to be selected by the jets. We need to sell a different story in Newcastle, and we need to start selling it soon with the amount of teams increasing in this space and players dropping out as they get older (even more so in the women's football space).

When people ask I often link it to a 100m race in athletics, you know you lost if you come second or third because simply the other person was faster on the day. In football, you can come first and the person waving from the stands gets selected.
    I dont think anyone on here is throwing kids in the bin if they didnt make the Jets.Nor should they be writing kids off if they didnt make TSP, NPL or any other desired level.I just find the argument of shitting on kids achievements because others think they know better laughable.If you, Aegon or me get to pick the team from kids we've watched we will come up with 3 completely different teams and people will have a problem with that too.The 13's team has been picked,im happy for the kids that got in.As for hemorrhaging footballers,who are the people trashing kids that dont make it?Id say 90% of them are parents who throw their toys out if their kid doesnt get in,but probably dont take the time to ask why they didnt get in and learn from it.How that can be the fault of NNSW is beyond me.Out of control parents are the biggest cancer in the program,as they are in all sports.How you get rid of them and keep the kids happy and motivated would require a much bigger brain that mine.Your line about "it often doesn't mean someone is a better footballer than someone else" is spot on.The Jets are building a team and different factors need to be taken into account.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I dont think anyone on here is throwing kids in the bin if they didnt make the Jets.Nor should they be writing kids off if they didnt make TSP, NPL or any other desired level.I just find the argument of shitting on kids achievements because others think they know better laughable.If you, Aegon or me get to pick the team from kids we've watched we will come up with 3 completely different teams and people will have a problem with that too.The 13's team has been picked,im happy for the kids that got in.As for hemorrhaging footballers,who are the people trashing kids that dont make it?Id say 90% of them are parents who throw their toys out if their kid doesnt get in,but probably dont take the time to ask why they didnt get in and learn from it.How that can be the fault of NNSW is beyond me.Out of control parents are the biggest cancer in the program,as they are in all sports.How you get rid of them and keep the kids happy and motivated would require a much bigger brain that mine.Your line about "it often doesn't mean someone is a better footballer than someone else" is spot on.The Jets are building a team and different factors need to be taken into account.
    Rubbish.
    I have seen this 11yo he goes good but there are better 12s and better 11s playing up in 12s. Thats not sh*tting on anyone. I have no kids in jdl so that parents call is retarded.
    Last edited by Eastwest; 29-09-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Rubbish.
    I have seen this 11yo he goes good but there are better 12s and better 11s playing up in 12s. Thats not sh*tting on anyone. I have no kids in jdl so that parents call is retarded.
    Hahahaha look at this guy.

"Ive got no kids in JDL but I've certainly seen enough to form opinions on which kids are good enough to be picked."

So you're either a stalker or a groundskeeper then?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I'm amazed at that selection, the lad is a good young player to be sure. You can't fault his or his parents commitment in the amount of travel they do. But did he deserve that spot above kids in their own age group or above kids that have been selected to play up an age group and stand out consistently?

I haven't seen the full selection list but if he was chosen ahead of the lad from Olympic who plays up every week and is an extremely effective player I'll be gob smacked.

There'll be lot's of under 12 kids feeling very hard done by right now.
    You are 100% the guy that runs that SAP page on Facebook. Pretty obvious. Makes sense now you know so much about everything that goes on at other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    You are 100% the guy that runs that SAP page on Facebook. Pretty obvious. Makes sense now you know so much about everything that goes on at other clubs.
    Nope, if you want to know who I am just PM me, I’ll give you mine and my sons names. I’ve got literally no reason to hide who I am. My profile description gives enough hints that if you know even one parent at Jaffa’s 11’s it’s easy to figure out.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Nope, if you want to know who I am just PM me, I’ll give you mine and my sons names. I’ve got literally no reason to hide who I am. My profile description gives enough hints that if you know even one parent at Jaffa’s 11’s it’s easy to figure out.
    bahaha. He has no idea.

Doopcheschit continues to be a cancer in our junior football. Moron needs to disappear for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Hahahaha look at this guy.

"Ive got no kids in JDL but I've certainly seen enough to form opinions on which kids are good enough to be picked."

So you're either a stalker or a groundskeeper then?
    Lol listen turd who doesnt know anything either.

Ive watch football at all levels but mainly youth. And no kids in the game so more neutral than most here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Lol listen turd who doesnt know anything either.

Ive watch football at all levels but mainly youth. And no kids in the game so more neutral than most here.
    Just ignore those trolls. they may be mentally challenged and we dont want to confuse them.

IMO no 11s should be there unless they are superstars. There's none they good in 11s.

Banned
    And here they are, the ugly side of football raises its head again. Salty parents carrying on. I guess you all must know more than a guy that’s played for Holland. Kew should have just asked people in this forum who to pick in the team.
    Kew didnt pick all the players. Being from the cancer club should know that by now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Another Magic player to the Jets, this time a player from the U11s being selected in the Jets U13s... Premier Youth Development Club!!!
    Prove that Magic do dodgy deals to get kids in. Well done to the grubs

Premier youth development club!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Premier youth development club!!!

“Let’s all jump for Newcastle, OLE OLE”
    “Let’s all jump for Newcastle, OLE OLE”

Head on over to https://viva10.myshopify.com/collect...tle-jets-21-22 . For $200 you can get your kids a Jets kit and a training shirt and they can pretend they are in the Jets, for 10% of the price of being in their junior squads. That’s mostly what its about right? 30% better coaching and development, 20% recognition and 50% dickwaving you’re in the Jets.
    The gap between Jets and NPL clubs is narrowing.0

Stick to NPL or whatever and enjoy the game, play the game for fun, develop and learn in a different environment and try again.
    Selections for anything never please everybody. Use it as motivation to be better or to learn to deal with disappointment.

Feel sorry for the kids if this is the reaction from SOME parents. Sure, be disappointed for your child, or nephew or random kids you watch on weekends, but maybe try setting an example for how they should react to setbacks.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 30-09-2021 at 08:52 AM.

If you didn't say you played for Valentines O/35s the rest of your profile matches that bloke lol

Quote Originally Posted by jim wallis View Post
    Prove that Magic do dodgy deals to get kids in. Well done to the grubs
    Who said anything about dodgy deals? Does help that one of the selectors is involved at Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    If you didn't say you played for Valentines O/35s the rest of your profile matches that bloke lol
    100% not the same person. Also rest of profile doesn’t match. The only match is where their sons play.