Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 1,021 to 1,032 of 1032

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

  1. #1021
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    I agree with all you say here. I just wish Magic would do the kebapi rolls with the youth games because they only do it for seniors. Yep we definitely need our Greek friends to get those souvlakis going! And yes, pasta is not hard to cook.
    Surely thereís an Italian Nona of one of the players that can whip up some raviolis in the canteen. If I was a good player trying to decide where to sign the canteen would definitely factor into my decision.

  2. #1022
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    as clear that sap super coach is this years under 11 magic coach that threw his td and the other magic coach under the bus so he could be the npl coach in 2023
    The 2023 NPL job was always Stojs, just as for 2022 Npl's 13s we appointed Bobby and Moorey, and 2024 will be Berlo and 2025 will be JB should they want it, all they have to do is ask. At Magic we call that progression. The club rewards coaching loyalty just as we maintain loyalty within our playing groups.


    FYI, and to put this stupidity to bed once and for all... it was former coach who threw former TD under the bus when summoned to a whole Magic JDL disciplinary meeting based on a matchday incident in former coaches team not Stoj's team.

  3. #1023
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    418
    Every trip to Weston for JDL the canteen wasnt open so we couldnt try the chicken burgers.Hoping they keep it open for youth this year as it sounds like the white whale of football food.George at Olympic is still the leader for mine and to be honest i dont mind the Magic ones.The little bit of spice they use is a nice touch.With away trips for Coffs Harbour and Taree this year my only hope is that there is a good burger at the end of that drive.So Carl are you moving to Valo this year or are you going to be still doing a few Edgy days this year the kids love the horns out there.

  4. #1024
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    The "Club or Die" mantra that some people have is great when you are a supporter, but a bit tough for kids who aren't always likely to stay at one club their whole development and probably the worst part of the new system. What happens when all of a sudden your kid isn't part of the clubs plans anymore, quit football? I think it pays to be a bit more pragmatic than that.
    I totally agree.It would be lucky if half of the kids who started their JDL journey in 9's will end up playing 13's for that same club.Player movement is expected for a variety of reasons.For anyone to hold a grudge either at club or player level is not healthy.I saw a lot of kids who were let go from their JDL teams for one reason or another end up in what you might consider a better situation just because a different set of eyes had a different opinion of them.I know points become a factor in 13's but i think its just another development cycle for the kids to get through to 16's where only the best will then progress into the senior grades.The kids have a long long way to go.Whatever happens to them we as parents should always teach them never to give up.

  5. #1025
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    520
    Forget the a league
    Seems like local jnr football is where itís at

  6. #1026
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I totally agree.It would be lucky if half of the kids who started their JDL journey in 9's will end up playing 13's for that same club.Player movement is expected for a variety of reasons.For anyone to hold a grudge either at club or player level is not healthy.I saw a lot of kids who were let go from their JDL teams for one reason or another end up in what you might consider a better situation just because a different set of eyes had a different opinion of them.I know points become a factor in 13's but i think its just another development cycle for the kids to get through to 16's where only the best will then progress into the senior grades.The kids have a long long way to go.Whatever happens to them we as parents should always teach them never to give up.
    Well said. Plus putting the kids into a more enjoyable situation will get the best out of them.

    Even players who are comfortable at a club may need a different challenge by a move.

  7. #1027
    Quote Originally Posted by SAP SUPER COACH View Post
    Its clear that the Berlin Wall is the edgy under 11s coach for 2022,whos kid plays up.
    He is the same person who took all kids from jets clinics after being repeated told not to abuse his position as a coach at the clinics.
    Incorrect. Not him, have another guess.
    His team was very good in its first year of JDL but came crashing down to earth in season 2021 ,when other kids caught up and it clearly showed he had no idea as a coach. Just because you pinch kids from other clubs doesnt mean you can coach them.
    Just like Hartley does at Jafs. Olympic , Magic acquire better kids that other clubs have trained up. Most clubs would if they could.

    It's a 2 way street though. They attract the better kids due to their success.

  8. #1028
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Every trip to Weston for JDL the canteen wasnt open so we couldnt try the chicken burgers.Hoping they keep it open for youth this year as it sounds like the white whale of football food.George at Olympic is still the leader for mine and to be honest i dont mind the Magic ones.The little bit of spice they use is a nice touch.With away trips for Coffs Harbour and Taree this year my only hope is that there is a good burger at the end of that drive.So Carl are you moving to Valo this year or are you going to be still doing a few Edgy days this year the kids love the horns out there.
    I am going to support good football wherever it is played and enjoy the delights of the various canteens. There are unfortunately no culinary revelations at the canteens of Mid Coast or North Coast but you will definitely be guaranteed some interesting refereeing up there.

  9. #1029
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    you will definitely be guaranteed some interesting refereeing up there.
    Thereís something we agree on. Make sure all the kids stay on their feet because even getting kicked in the face doesnít earn you a card up there 😂😂

  10. #1030
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I totally agree.It would be lucky if half of the kids who started their JDL journey in 9's will end up playing 13's for that same club.Player movement is expected for a variety of reasons.For anyone to hold a grudge either at club or player level is not healthy.I saw a lot of kids who were let go from their JDL teams for one reason or another end up in what you might consider a better situation just because a different set of eyes had a different opinion of them.I know points become a factor in 13's but i think its just another development cycle for the kids to get through to 16's where only the best will then progress into the senior grades.The kids have a long long way to go.Whatever happens to them we as parents should always teach them never to give up.
    they are legitimate reasons why players may move onto other clubs. But to go round poaching kids from other clubs is abhorrent, particularly offering them spots halfway through the season for the following year. This is JDL not the EPL, if players really wanted to come to your club because of success they would put in an EoI, they would contact the club, you don't have to poach players.

    This is even before we consider that an U9 player may be good now but may be average or behind the pack by the time he is going into U13s and 1st grade. That's assuming they want to keep playing at age 12

  11. #1031
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    252

  12. #1032
    Moderator Aegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,158
    Lets not go back here so soon.....
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

    "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •