Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 67

Thread: 2021 Women's Premier League thread

  1. #1
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,111

    2021 Women's Premier League thread

    discussion here

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    545
    Maitland WPL U/13ís is chasing a goal keeper for the upcoming season. If anyone knows of someone who might be interested get them to contact me on 0421646037

    Cheers Cal

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Maitland
    Posts
    34
    Good to get out over the weekend to a few preseason games

    Broadmeadow FC VS Football Mid North Coast

    1st Magic Defeated FMNC 3-1
    Res FMNC Defeated Magic 2-1
    17s FMNC Defeated Magic 6-1
    15s FMNC Defeated Magic 4-0
    13s FMNC Drew Magic 2-2

    New Lambton FC VS Adamstown

    1st Adamstown Defeated NLFC 2-0
    Res Adamstown Defeated NLFC 6-2
    17s Adamstown Defeated NLFC 4-1
    15s Adamstown Defeated NLFC 6-1
    13s Adamstown Defeated NLFC 6-1

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by sideline88 View Post
    Good to get out over the weekend to a few preseason games

    Broadmeadow FC VS Football Mid North Coast

    1st Magic Defeated FMNC 3-1
    Res FMNC Defeated Magic 2-1
    17s FMNC Defeated Magic 6-1
    15s FMNC Defeated Magic 4-0
    13s FMNC Drew Magic 2-2

    New Lambton FC VS Adamstown

    1st Adamstown Defeated NLFC 2-0
    Res Adamstown Defeated NLFC 6-2
    17s Adamstown Defeated NLFC 4-1
    15s Adamstown Defeated NLFC 6-1
    13s Adamstown Defeated NLFC 6-1
    Looks bad for New Lambton but they had only been back training for a week while Adamstown never really stopped

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Looks bad for New Lambton but they had only been back training for a week while Adamstown never really stopped
    Didnít stop and was doing 4 nights a week at one stage at least. One of the girls in the team I was involved with last year played her last game for us on a Saturday then went straight into training on the Sunday with them. No off season at all.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Didnít stop and was doing 4 nights a week at one stage at least. One of the girls in the team I was involved with last year played her last game for us on a Saturday then went straight into training on the Sunday with them. No off season at all.
    Hope the TD knows what he is doing, going to burn out the players

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    545
    Charlestown take over Merewether as of next season. Wonder how long until Warnerís Bay are taken over. New Lambton will need to get their menís team into the top grade soon to keep their program Iíd say to keep in line with what is required to go to NPLW

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lance Yorke Field
    Posts
    1,728
    Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Charlestown take over Merewether as of next season. Wonder how long until Warner’s Bay are taken over. New Lambton will need to get their men’s team into the top grade soon to keep their program I’d say to keep in line with what is required to go to NPLW
    Add Adamstown to that, not aligned with an NPL club which seems to be NNSW's goal.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Add Adamstown to that, not aligned with an NPL club which seems to be NNSW's goal.
    Yes very true I keep forgetting that but I guess if/when they align they still stay the same and wonít change grounds and such.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Charlestown take over Merewether as of next season. Wonder how long until Warnerís Bay are taken over. New Lambton will need to get their menís team into the top grade soon to keep their program Iíd say to keep in line with what is required to go to NPLW
    Merewether have been a vital reason why the NPLW has become so big, interesting to see what they think about it all? Surely the players don't mind the facilities, at the end of the day if it was a major problem then they wouldn't be playing there.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Merewether have been a vital reason why the NPLW has become so big, interesting to see what they think about it all? Surely the players don't mind the facilities, at the end of the day if it was a major problem then they wouldn't be playing there.
    Key personal are going over it and yes the only founder club left (We can't count Magic since they gave it up). But it isn't if the players like the facilities or not, Northern don't like them and wants to make it a WNPL and so they need to be playing at grounds that are NPL standard. It's the exact same reason why South Wallsend, Wallsend and Thornton have moved to NPL clubs.


    Warners Bay will be next, and New Lambton are wanting to keep the teams which is why they are trying to make Arthur Edden or Sportsground number 2 the ground the WPL plays out of. Adamstown already playing out of Adamstown number 1 so are safe.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Add Adamstown to that, not aligned with an NPL club which seems to be NNSW's goal.
    I think it is playing at NPL facilities not aligned with a NPL club.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Key personal are going over it and yes the only founder club left (We can't count Magic since they gave it up). But it isn't if the players like the facilities or not, Northern don't like them and wants to make it a WNPL and so they need to be playing at grounds that are NPL standard. It's the exact same reason why South Wallsend, Wallsend and Thornton have moved to NPL clubs.


    Warners Bay will be next, and New Lambton are wanting to keep the teams which is why they are trying to make Arthur Edden or Sportsground number 2 the ground the WPL plays out of. Adamstown already playing out of Adamstown number 1 so are safe.
    I thought Merewether had a big plan to do up their ground? Has something changed? Eibar is a town of 27,000 in Spain, they have a stadium of 8,000 and they play in LaLiga. Their stadium is dwarfed by all in LaLiga
    Surely Merewether should be able to continue in NPLW if they wish to?
    Over the next few years council, NNSW and the club could start improving facilities.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I thought Merewether had a big plan to do up their ground?
    Yes Newcastle Council has a plan to upgrade the ground, don't believe the upgrades still met the facilities required (such as a media box, changerooms that can fit 30 people etc.). In fact IIRC Merewether had tried to lobby the council for more and were seeking public support.

    Has something changed? Eibar is a town of 27,000 in Spain, they have a stadium of 8,000 and they play in LaLiga. Their stadium is dwarfed by all in LaLiga
    While I may agree with you, NNSWF and FA don't see it that way, they have their own idea and that's what it is. NNSWF needs to ensure all their WPL teams reach the standard set by FA so that they can promote a WNPL in the federation and participate in the WNPL similar to how the NPL runs across all federations.

    Surely Merewether should be able to continue in NPLW if they wish to?
    Would appear not according to Northern. It's why New Lambton are trying to get on Sportsground #2 so they don't have to give up theirs and since Adamstown Juniors already play at an NPL ground they don't have to worry.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lance Yorke Field
    Posts
    1,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Yes Newcastle Council has a plan to upgrade the ground, don't believe the upgrades still met the facilities required (such as a media box, changerooms that can fit 30 people etc.). In fact IIRC Merewether had tried to lobby the council for more and were seeking public support.

    While I may agree with you, NNSWF and FA don't see it that way, they have their own idea and that's what it is. NNSWF needs to ensure all their WPL teams reach the standard set by FA so that they can promote a WNPL in the federation and participate in the WNPL similar to how the NPL runs across all federations.



    Would appear not according to Northern. It's why New Lambton are trying to get on Sportsground #2 so they don't have to give up theirs and since Adamstown Juniors already play at an NPL ground they don't have to worry.
    But the end result of not allowing clubs to try and develop the facilities is ultimately we end up with the NPL and WPL becoming one and the same and there won’t be a chance of promotion/relegation from the comp (men’s or women’s), which is ironic given the number of NPL teams that want access to the A-league.

    I do see it as a kick in the guts to the clubs that worked their arses off to make the WPL, but northern will never get or understand that. The clubs benefiting now have not given a toss about women’s football until now when they see a dollar to be made.

  16. #16
    Senior Member namwob99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Maitland
    Posts
    633
    And the big boys keep getting richer.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    144
    It's a disgraceful call, No Loyalty at all to Merewether. Why should the footballing public show any loyalty to these amateurs that are destroying our local game.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    But the end result of not allowing clubs to try and develop the facilities is ultimately we end up with the NPL and WPL becoming one and the same and there wonít be a chance of promotion/relegation from the comp (menís or womenís), which is ironic given the number of NPL teams that want access to the A-league.
    Oh I agree and we have clubs like New Lambton that have the funds and want to upgrade being stopped by Council.

    And Northern isn't giving any leeway to other clubs to even been given promotion or relegation between NPL and NewFM because of this critieria bs whereby if a ground doesn't have a media box they don't get in.

    I do see it as a kick in the guts to the clubs that worked their arses off to make the WPL, but northern will never get or understand that. The clubs benefiting now have not given a toss about womenís football until now when they see a dollar to be made.
    Well indeed, Magic used to have a WPL side but they treated them poorly and got rid of them yet now they have one again.

  19. #19
    Azurri v Magic 1st grade 1-1 today.
    Last weekend Merewether 3-0 over Adamstown.

    Going to take me while to stop yelling Merewether/Llamas

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Going to take me while to stop yelling Merewether/Llamas
    Are you going with them?


    Also I never understood why you called yourself Llamas when it is the Merewether Eagles.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •