Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Women's Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    Charging players circa $2000 registration to help win a comp is not our bag, and it’s just not sustainable.
    Interesting you mention this with Warners Bay getting all these new signings, that must be where the $2,000 registration fee for Warner's U9 JDL team is going

Nothing like a good story to get in the way of the truth and trying to whip up a story against NL – thanks #FatKeeper (who I am thinking now has ties at WB from 2022).

Yes Head Coach has accepted a managerial role on the Central Coast which requires work every second weekend and regular mid-week evening work. Yes we have identified a replacement who will help the club move into the next phase of our future in WNPL. Is it a setback? Yes a little. We had hoped that Maddy was going to be that coach to take us into the future – but sometimes life gets in the way. We have found an equally impressive individual who will help us develop young players and build the foundational cultural elements for success. Like we did with two-time premiership wining League One coach Tom Davies, we are putting our weight and support behind a young coach who wants to make a difference. BTW – Maddy stays in the club as Assistant TD – WPL Youth – she can see what we are trying to build and the depth of our commitment to women’s football.

Like in the League One area, the club will not get caught in a ‘race to the bottom’ of player payments – did that in 2019 WPL, got us a trophy and a few years’ worth of heartache. Charging players circa $2000 registration to help win a comp is not our bag, and it’s just not sustainable. Our focus is on developing young players and putting some really good people (players and coaches) around them to help achieve this. At the end of the day – we live in Newcastle, a regional town with a limited pool of sponsorship dollars to pull from and the desire to keep the cost of football as low as we can. I think clubs lose sight of this sometimes.

As for comments about “…the club ain’t interested no more” you’re obviously not at NLFC. Our commitment has not waivered. We are still relatively young in the WPL space and learning along the way. Sometimes things don’t go as planned. Girls and boys football is different in so many ways.

And for your “wanna plough $$ into men”, well the boys and girls budgets were identical this year (2021). What people “think” our player budgets are is quite different to what they really are. If rumours are true, we paid half what Cookers paid this year and still won the comp in League One.
    We will take our position of sustainably funding programs into wherever our future takes us (if that is the NPL so be it) and will not be paying mercenaries exorbitant payments to fly in and out as they please and playing for themselves and the almighty dollar only. Those days are behind us – people play for the Club and the badge. That is what will make us different.
    So the Mens Budget has to be 26k because I know that’s what the womens budget was and I honestly do think it’s time to give it up on the WNPL front the womens first grade we’re given little to no gear to use for training and they got the balls from the mens side for training which were torn and ripped up from a years use already
    I feel sorry for the poor coach stepping in with a club that’s only interested on a bowling club and a mens team making the NPL

#FatKeeper you crack me up - you have about a poof-teenth of on-topic knowledge, and make up the rest as you go - because you have an axe to grind.

As part of the old coaching group at NLFC you would know that decision around balls was made between the two head coaches. Both squads had new balls - but the coach at the time said he wanted to take the seconds - why? You should ask him. Clubs instruction was clear.

Also, either you have no idea as to how a clubs finances work or you skipped a few math classes. The cost of getting a first grade player on the park is made up of two parts - rego and game/win payments.who do you think pays rego champ - the Rego Fairies?

Do the sums, a player budget is made of - 14 players at $1200 ($16,800) plus the cost of win /player payments. And seeing you are so knowledgeable about the workings of our club you will know that is closer to $40,000. Well by my maths anyway - but I am sure you something else to dredge up to counter common sense and the truth.

#Red - need to ask Council - the ground we had was pulled because a league club believed they were about go into a major growth period and they were the long standing tenant. This left a bunch of junior teams and the ZL boys either on Alder with WPL and League One. The only alternatives were Taro and Sandgate - which was then taken up by Azzuri. And not sure if any of your clubs would want that traffic on your own grounds.

NL was a big loser in the Council Strategic Sports Plan - with 1500 members, to have ground opportunities taken away was a mystery.

The TAFE ground was all we could find within close proximity - wasnÂ’t our preference - but council provided no real alternative. It was a horrible situation that followed and contributed to juniors reducing by 300 this year as well. Cannot play without available fields.

But hey, sounds like a few of you have a few rocks to throw - you must have ideas on how we can navigate through the issues - all ears if you want to PM me or even take a seat at the table on committee.

#Red - need to ask Council - the ground we had was pulled because a league club believed they were about go into a major growth period and they were the long standing tenant. This left a bunch of junior teams and the ZL boys either on Alder with WPL and League One. The only alternatives were Taro and Sandgate - which was then taken up by Azzuri. And not sure if any of your clubs would want that traffic on your own grounds.

NL was a big loser in the Council Strategic Sports Plan - with 1500 members, to have ground opportunities taken away was a mystery.

The TAFE ground was all we could find within close proximity - wasnÂ’t our preference - but council provided no real alternative. It was a horrible situation that followed and contributed to juniors reducing by 300 this year as well. Cannot play without available fields.

But hey, sounds like a few of you have a few rocks to throw - you must have ideas on how we can navigate through the issues - all ears if you want to PM me or even take a seat at the table on committee.

#FatKeeper you crack me up - you have about a poof-teenth of on-topic knowledge, and make up the rest as you go - because you have an axe to grind.

As part of the old coaching group at NLFC you would know that decision around balls was made between the two head coaches. Both squads had new balls - but the coach at the time said he wanted to take the seconds - why? You should ask him. Clubs instruction was clear.

Also, either you have no idea as to how a clubs finances work or you skipped a few math classes. The cost of getting a first grade player on the park is made up of two parts - rego and game/win payments.who do you think pays rego champ - the Rego Fairies?

Do the sums, a player budget is made of - 14 players at $1200 ($16,800) plus the cost of win /player payments. And seeing you are so knowledgeable about the workings of our club you will know that is closer to $40,000. Well by my maths anyway - but I am sure you something else to dredge up to counter common sense and the truth.
    Just a dad who watched his daughter get flogged all year last year and now doesn’t have a club to play for and can’t get team mates because the ones that left are messaging girls not to go there because it’s a “toxic” environment and a bad club to play for
    All I’m saying from behind the fence wasn’t looking good at all just feels like a cash grab for the mens side never seen a committee member once at the games but when I went to the boys game full committee hanging out having beers watching the men home and away

Yep - the “toxic” you speak of have been asked to leave and are no longer part of our club. Part of the clean out and refocus away from mercenaries.

Again showing little knowledge of the Club and who is on the committee. If you knew this, you would realise who is where on what weekend. A club exists of more than a committee.

Anyhow, enjoy the view ‘from behind the fence’ for a while longer.

Barry the truth will set you free brother, the lies and propaganda need to cease. FatKeeper is on the money. I spoke directly to someone that was subject to one of your earlier posts on this forum and their side of things really painted the club (Committee) in a very poor light and contrary to your continuing spin.
    Time to get your house in order instead of constantly blaming others for the clear shortcomings of New Lambton FC Committee. The constant theme is that its always someone else's fault.
    Unfortunately NL seems destined for another very poor season in First Grade and the very real possibility that they will not be part of the competition long term.
    If you can't tell the truth you are better off abstaining from this forum as you are not doing yourself any favours.
    Best of Luck.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FatKeeper View Post
    Just a dad who watched his daughter get flogged all year last year and now doesn’t have a club to play for and can’t get team mates because the ones that left are messaging girls not to go there because it’s a “toxic” environment and a bad club to play for
    All I’m saying from behind the fence wasn’t looking good at all just feels like a cash grab for the mens side never seen a committee member once at the games but when I went to the boys game full committee hanging out having beers watching the men home and away
    joking. The mens game has financially propped up the womens game nation wide. Theyre just lucky to be here.

Better still. completely spilt and build the game on your own, take 50 years to get it together and earn some $$$. that would finally show some integrity

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    joking. The mens game has financially propped up the womens game nation wide. Theyre just lucky to be here.

Better still. completely spilt and build the game on your own, take 50 years to get it together and earn some $$$. that would finally show some integrity
    A hard truth, but the PC woke among us will be freaking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
    A hard truth, but the PC woke among us will be freaking out.
    A toxic culture in women’s football in Newcastle, seriously has been like this from the start of the WPL when a group of women caused no end of mayhem and demands at multiple clubs they shopped around at year on year now some of those clubs are back in the game amazing what incentives from the governing body does. As the say goes Money talks.

Wow, A group of men lecturing on women's sport, how original and patriarchal of you.

If men weren't in charge of women's anything for I don't know how long like a millennium before women were actually allowed input into their own lives; maybe it wouldn't have taken needing to rely on "money from men" to be successful in sport.

Women's sport is behind BECAUSE of you, women are spending decades trying to catch up from the position YOUR GENDER put us all in.

I've seen some posts on this forum but this sexist rant has to just about take the cake. If you don't like it stick to your own subject matter - like your mums basement.
    Last edited by KITZ; 20-10-2021 at 05:37 AM.

Just as a side note to this innane comment, how many clubs in NSW / Newcastle do you think are putting their hands up for all that money allocated to women's football grants, now the women's World Cup is here. If you think all those "male" dominated clubs haven't seen that pool of money and have their hands out then you are delusional. Nothing wrong with women's football when there's some money in it for ya, I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Wow, A group of men lecturing on women's sport, how original and patriarchal of you.

If men weren't in charge of women's anything for I don't know how long like a millennium before women were actually allowed input into their own lives; maybe it wouldn't have taken needing to rely on "money from men" to be successful in sport.

Women's sport is behind BECAUSE of you, women are spending decades trying to catch up from the position YOUR GENDER put us all in.

I've seen some posts on this forum but this sexist rant has to just about take the cake. If you don't like it stick to your own subject matter - like your mums basement.
    Love this response KITZ. Every word true, and that "mum's basement" line at the end. BIG LOL!!!

I really hope we can keep this group civil and keep any of the "men's game propping up the women's" rubbish out of here. It has no place at, and if you think it does re-read Kitz's post and consider history.

A

Wow is right - this is all very enlightening.

But - did everyone miss WB charging a JDL player $2000?

Regardless of all this sideline drivel - this cannot be left out in the open can it?

For me, there is no way to justify that amount. It also will have to be approved by NNSW, will be interesting to see what happens.
    NNSW have put a rule in place which restricts what rego fees can cover. For example it cannot include a back pack or other un-necessary clothing, facility upgrade fees etc.The only possible way to justify that amount is if your coaches are really well paid, or you train at speers point all the time...

$2000 to play U9’s at Warners Bay!! Surely that’s not correct ?
    Does it increase with age ?

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    For me, there is no way to justify that amount. It also will have to be approved by NNSW, will be interesting to see what happens.
    NNSW have put a rule in place which restricts what rego fees can cover. For example it cannot include a back pack or other un-necessary clothing, facility upgrade fees etc.The only possible way to justify that amount is if your coaches are really well paid, or you train at speers point all the time...
    Are those rules just for JDL? in NPL the boys have always got a tracksuit for winter and a bag, sometimes a drink bottle. I don't mind paying for it when they train so much it does help a heap to keep things organised.

I've never paid $2k for rego tho - Yet. I actually wouldn't mind if they did it as a break down - here's the minimum you can pay and what you will get (training strip / game strip, training time games etc mandatory) and then let parents tick boxes for whatever else gear they'd like - Even season entry to senior games if its not already a given.

I don't mind paying if I can see the value and that's the part I think clubs need to break down - if they don't explain where the money goes it becomes more questionable. I think lots of people understand clubs are run by volunteers and don't mind paying money to help out - If they can see the value add for it.

Are those rules just for JDL? in NPL the boys have always got a tracksuit for winter and a bag, sometimes a drink bottle. I don't mind paying for it when they train so much it does help a heap to keep things organised.

I've never paid $2k for rego tho - Yet. I actually wouldn't mind if they did it as a break down - here's the minimum you can pay and what you will get (training strip / game strip, training time games etc mandatory) and then let parents tick boxes for whatever else gear they'd like - Even season entry to senior games if its not already a given.

I don't mind paying if I can see the value and that's the part I think clubs need to break down - if they don't explain where the money goes it becomes more questionable. I think lots of people understand clubs are run by volunteers and don't mind paying money to help out - If they can see the value add for it.
    Every team has ground fencing covered in sponsors logos, and yet still charge juniors 1500-2k to play. What a shambles. Where's all the money going?

Just as a side note to this innane comment, how many clubs in NSW / Newcastle do you think are putting their hands up for all that money allocated to women's football grants, now the women's World Cup is here. If you think all those "male" dominated clubs haven't seen that pool of money and have their hands out then you are delusional. Nothing wrong with women's football when there's some money in it for ya, I bet.
    Money in it for those clubs because they have spent years establishing the infrastructure and providing/developing grounds so they can accommodate to a standard acceptable for such a tournament. Local women's teams are benefiting from all of this as well, but I'll let you decide if it was primarily from piggybacking off the efforts of men's clubs, or from hard earned efforts on their own to create those infrastructures.
    Happy to support women's game, but if demands and expectations aren't being met, nothing to stop them setting up all the administration etc. and going it alone.